Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,604 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Eightieschewbaccy never said he was convicted of rape, he said Trump was a rapist. As per previous posts above, a judge has ruled that based on the type of sexual assault that Trump was found liable for, saying he raped E. Jean Carroll is accurate. Therefore, calling Trump a rapist is accurate.

Or do you feel posting that video of Hillary supporters crying somehow negates that? That Hillary supporters crying is actually worse than Trump being found liable for sexually abusing a woman? Do you even at least acknowledge that Trump sexually abused E. Jean Carroll?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Rawr

But Penn! It’s all Trump Derangement Syndrome! Or some such nonsense used to describe people who can see that rain is wet, that the sky is blue, and that Trump has to resort to rape as well as the purchase of Trophy Wifes in order to get any intimate contact due to him being a truly pathetic excuse of a man or human being.

But no…”Derangement Syndrome” folks…

• Registered Users Posts: 16,612 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Have you taken over from that re-reg who spouts endlessly on about how trump is a rapist?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,135 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Kermit.de.frog threadbanned

• Registered Users Posts: 60,549 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I was thinking where would America be today if Trump actually had a sense of humor and didn't set out for revenge on America and everyone who laughed at him after this night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,453 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

There is a lot to be said for having a sense of humour. Something which the poor Donald has none of.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,712 ✭✭✭✭briany

Lots of people like to joke about this being the night where it all started, including myself, but he was already in the pipeline, so to speak. His hatred of Obama obviously went back further than that dinner if he was already on board with the birther conspiracy theory.

To really underline what a guff merchant Trump is, he once claimed to have investigators on the case and he couldn't believe what they were finding, as if he was about to blow the lid off of something huge. As we know, he never blew the lid off of anything, but he just moved on from the claim as if he never made it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,705 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Obama, one of the very few people on the planet who loves hearing his own voice more than Trump does.

I'm not sure who is the bigger narcissist.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,523 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Another both sides. It's never anything else, is it?

Obama is a very eloquent speaker. The rapist can barely construct a sentence though hopefully he'll soon be serving several.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

During his term, the memetic, sarcastic refrain was "Thanks Obama" when trying to blame him for something. Maybe President Trump is something we can genuinely put at his feet for taking the píss lol.

But Trump has been obsessed about Obama since day zero and they dogged, fictional pursuit of Obama's supposed birth certificate. The whole "brother" movement a racist footnote that's easily forgotten in the subsequent years. Though given recent gaffs have shown Trump is still maniacal when it comes to that black man who once took the píss outta him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,411 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

You said that before.

It was explained to you then what a narcissist is, and by definition it fit Trump to a tee.

You must have forgotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Anyone hear the rumour that Trump has double incontinence? Apparently wears a nappy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,712 ✭✭✭✭briany

He should be wearing a nappy over his mouth for all the shít that comes out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Not a new revelation. The rumour goes back to his Apprentice days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭accensi0n

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Stanley 1

Love the Hoffman guy, owner of Linkedin who financed Jean, simply cos he does not like Trump and can afford to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

At least when you hear Obama's voice, he's not paraphrasing Hitler and Mussolini and calling himself a 'stable genius'.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,523 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

It's not just that. The man is an incredible speaker. Here's a pristine example:

Yeah, that's a 40-minute video. One need only listen for a brief period to appreciate the man's tenor, his poise, his vocabulary, his rhythm and how clearly intelligent he is.

Compared to:

America's decline summed up perfectly if you ask me.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 28,354 ✭✭✭✭looksee

...'or the beginnings of a very good joke'. That is confidence, humour, and someone who knows how to make a speech.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,705 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,865 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

And it said Trump be second only beaten by Johnson as he liked to show his Johston Obama be lower down and Biden near the bottom

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Edit: nevermind

• Registered Users Posts: 15,593 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Neither Trump or Obama is included in the study. It stops at GWB.

The assistant professor, who compiled the ranking based off scores from "various presidential historians and experts with personality related questions about the given leader that they had studied.".

This was not done with Trump, Obama or Biden. The assertion about them is based purely on the researchers personal opinion.

So in the context of a discussion about Trump it is nothing but one person's uninformed opinion.

What your post does prove is that you accept Trump is a narcissist and that whether you rate of the worst or not you accept Biden is far less.

So the only question is whether you think being a higher level of narcissist is a good or bad thing, or possibly irrelevant

• Registered Users Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

I think that 'possessing narcissistic personality disorder' is different than just 'being a narcissist'. Extroverts tend to be narcissists. Politicians tend to be extroverts.

TFG has been 'remotely diagnosed' with NPD, Dr. Bandy Lee is one of many who have said this. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-narcissistic-personality-disorder-mary-trump-john-zinner-bandy-x-lee-a9665856.html

(As TFG hasn't had a one-on-one diagnosis, the diagnosis is not confirmed, but walks like a duck, talks like a duck, ...)

This is one of the things that makes TFG so dangerous - he's mentally ill. People with NPD tend to be very manipulative, like TFG and his slavering MAGAt followers.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,411 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Just doing what he did in 2016 and 2020.

The same oul whinging.

Anyone who takes a single word of his bs as truth needs their head examined.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Laying the ground work for "Stolen/Rigged Election" 2024 edition.

It is noteworthy that he's only talking about how it will be stolen from him and not that he will actually win.

Everything is " I'm awesome, but they are going to rig it so I lose"

If Haley or RDS actually manage to win a State caucus, watch him claim fraud as well.

Trump obviously realises that the "stolen election" nets him a nice nickel n' dime operation with his cult worshippers - why turn that tap off if he loses 2024? We know the legal challenges have no merit but why let logic get in the way.

I would like to think the federal authorities are much wiser to a repeat of the Jan 6th "don't call it an insurrection" insurrection. Cos trump's brazen continued stirring of that pot is only gonna make it worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Rawr

You know, I’d almost feel sorry for the GOP if it they weren’t filled with the most hateful individuals the States have to offer, but all this smacks of Trump getting ready to rinse and repeat what he did for 2020. In the hopeful scenario of Trump losing again, he’s going to dig in his heels again and just get ready for another 4 years of what we’ve gotten already.

The GOP don’t ever get to move on while their Rapist candidate gets to sit on their ticket for as long as he damn well pleases, or until he expires. Knowing everyone’s luck, that might not be for a couple of decades yet. So then you’ve got Trump trying to “Stop the Steal” while decrying ongoing cases against him as “political interference” since he’s a GOP candidate for 2028, 2032, 2036, the year 2525…and so on…

The GOP are pretty stuck for never growing a spine when they had the chance and so far I only expect Melania to actually be rid of him if he loses 2024.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,970 ✭✭✭Christy42

I have no idea how you can compare Obama and Trump. Whatever about Obama he at least has the ability to self regulate enough to write a sensible Christmas message etc.

I really never thought that would be a bar I would measure presidents by but Trump has lowered it massively.

Even on his take of becoming a dictator the best his defenders can come up with is that checks and balances. If checks and balances to stop someone being a dictator are needed the person should obviously not be that close to any sort of power.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

I'm undecided on Melania.

Sometimes I think that she's only hanging on until Barron comes of age and gets his cut of whatever money Trump has stashed away and that once that happens she'll be out the gap.

But then other times I think that maybe she's actually fully bought in to his bullshit but just doesn't much in public because her English isn't great and the heavy accent might confuse the loons as they are supposed to hate foreigners.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement