Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Night owl gal

Hi everyone

Couchside

I'm intending to go to Kilkenny next week, but don't know Kilkenny very well. If you were in high st, how would you get to Barrick St (if anyone here knows)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭apache

Saving a fortune here on the gas bills with the mild weather this Winter. I've only had my heating turned on a few times. If there was a random thoughts thread I'd post there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Do Google maps and use the street view of the route.

I do that all the time if I've to drive somewhere new.

I've awful sense of direction so I like to have a few visual markers of the route.....also like to know if there are tricky lane changes etc.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Making coffee ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 8,078 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Was awake far too early, just gonna get up cos there's no more sleep.....

big wedding today😁 not mine!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Is today nearly done yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,897 ✭✭✭gifted

Kitchen table,getting ready for a game of scrabble with herself...ooh the excitement 🤣🤣🤣

Anyway, was down in my beloved Cork city yesterday, had to drive through Patrick St and then onto Washington street....haven't drove through the city in a good few years. Sorry to say that it's after getting very grubby looking, Washington street looks like it could do with a good power washing, really dirty appearance.

Sorry about the rant. It's probably the same for most cities in Ireland nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

He'd probably be an excellent driver because he wouldn't be using a mobile phone while driving. Except he'd have to reverse up to every lamppost and tree he passes for a pee.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Back home in my own house. Was lovely to spend time with family and catch up with friends, like Purple Mountain I was sick just after Christmas last year so have been making the most of it this year, but nice to get back to my own turf. Some serious lounging is planned today and tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I think many people in this thread got a seasonal walloping last Christmas unfortunately.

That's why this year I'm forcing my presence on as many people as possible 😆

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

thank you 😀 have a better idea of where I'm going now, after looking at maps. Going to stock up on my codeine tablets, the local chemists in my area refuse to serve me so have to go a bit further afield. Bit of a pain but needs must. It will hopefully be for the last time as in the new year I'm doing a slow reduction to get off them.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

At home, pretty sad and upset after learning that a very dear close family friend and former neighbour from Castleknock - whom I visited in her nursing home in Cork in November - is now at end of life palliative care. 😓 It's just a matter of days now. Her daughter phoned me last night to tell me the news.

This lady is like a mother to me in many ways - and was so good to me when my own mother died suddenly in 1990. OH has gone out to get some things in for later but we will be having a quiet NYE chilling and watching Jools Holland on the telly.

Wishing all you wonderful Wherers a very Happy, Peaceful and Healthy 2024! 💕🥳🥳🎈🎉🎈🎉🎈 xx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,897 ✭✭✭gifted

Happy New year to everyone here .....really enjoyed reading all your posts throughout the year.....

Now the Annual Gifted Awards for 2023.............🥳🥳🥳

MOD OF THE YEAR...Has to be the Jupiter Kid, a great job of controlling this bunch of sex starved heathens....

MOTHER OF THE YEAR....Has to be Mam of 4, gently guiding us with soothing words of wisdom 🥳🥳🥳

TRAVELLER OF THE YEAR......Has to be Smurfjed with his amazing photos of this fabulous world......🥳🥳🥳

BRAINS OF THE YEAR.....Has to be Thomil....how in gods name did you recognise those airport photos that Smurfjet put up? 🥳🥳🥳

KEEPING IT REAL POSTER OF THE YEAR....Superbowserworld....kept your words real, enjoyed them. 🥳🥳🥳

TEASING FOOD OF THE YEAR.....JOINT WINNERS...Step up Clementine Mushy Sun & Grandeeod....superb food photos throughout the year...keep them coming 🥳🥳🥳

Special mention to Auto for her photos of Alfie...🥳🥳🥳

Special mention for Duvet for her endeavour not to go out but still goes out 🤣🤣🤣🤣....🥳🥳🥳🥳

To all the other posters, keep them coming.

*To all the female posters who sent me photos over the year I thank you...🥳🥳🥳

Happy New years Folks

* No one sent me photos 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 14,049 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I did that once driving to a place in Temple Bar . I had it on walk not car mode . Took me down pedestrian streets !

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

PM sent !(don't worry, it's a pic of Duvet !) 🤣

Happy New Year to you and yours Gifted, never lose your sense of humour, nor your talents in the kitchen 🎉

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Duvet Day

A pic of me? Hope he's taken his blood pressure tablets 😂.

Thanks for all the good company and laughs during the year lads, hopefully we'll do it all again in 2024.🥂

Gifted, you crack me up honestly, although I'm annoyed that you came down yesterday with your hands hanging, not as much as a sausage roll for myself, Sephers or thomil...you better rectify that soon .😛

• Registered Users Posts: 17,039 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Gifted, you're an absolute tonic! 🤣🤣

My hope for 2024 is that the chicks keep the bathroom clean for you.

Scuse me.. wharrabout the photo of my juicy melons that I sent you??

My fruit bowl was brimmed that day 😋

Please don't go it alone. Reach out and get professional help for your weaning process 🙏 Enjoy Kilkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Happy New Year to all of you, thanks for keeping me sane.

Off to work in 3 hours, so a very dry new years.

• Advertisement

Just finished a swap shift. For those out and about, enjoy, be safe and be mindful of those that might not share the same cheer.

oh god no, wont be doing it alone. Have my family's support and will be in touch with my GP/Dr and my addiction counsellor/drug worker

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

May 2024 be a better year for each and every one of you wherers 💐

• Registered Users Posts: 13,525 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Happy New Year Mam, and to all the wherers!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Happy New Year everyone and thanks @gifted for the special mention and the laughs + cooking n baking

Hope you all have a peaceful 2024.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Happy new year everyone 🥳🥳🥂🥂🥂

• Registered Users Posts: 17,039 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

It's not even 9, hold your guns! 😂

• Thank you gifted you’re too kind! 🫡

I will endeavour to continue to post food pics for you all to enjoy 😃

One item on the menu that’s taking some getting used to.. a “Ceaser Wrap”, which is Cos Lettuce, Bacon lardons, Ceaser dressing, Parmesan & chicken… it’s a Ceaser salad on a wrap.

I don’t like this dish. It’s stupid.

• Advertisement

• I stared with him (I am cropped out) but couldn’t figure out what he was looking at.

also say hi to link 🐈‍⬛

Advertisement