Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parkview Hall legit website?

Options
  • 31-12-2023 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi everyone!

I'm a student looking to live in Limerick for three months soon while I do an internship there and I'm currently looking for accommodation.

I've stumbled upon Parkview Hall which is in a good location and budget for me, but I am confused about the website(s). The campus life services website of the University of Limerick links to this sparse-looking website (www.parkviewhallstudents.com), but when doing a google search I've also stumbled upon this other website (parkviewhall.com), the websites also have different mail addresses listed. Are these both for the same accommodation? Does anyone have any experience with Parkview Hall and/or contacting them through either means of contact?

Also, can anyone maybe please tell me something about the landlord system there? As far as I can tell from reviews, individual people rent the units out and they are then my landlord, which confuses me because I thought these student apartment complexes are managed by central management. It all feels very intransparent.

Grateful for any help, thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Often, private investors buy apartments in these so-called student accommodation developments and whatever management company is in place will manage the development on their behalf.

Contact these people. They may be able to help you find the type of accommodation you require. It's a bad time of the year to be looking, it should be pointed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lavalamp_enthusiast

Thank you for the advice! I guess I'll contact both and see what comes of it.

I've looked at Property Management Ireland before but the website says that they're fully booked everywhere. Regardlesss, I might contact them still, perhaps there's a short term room available 😅

Unfortunately I have to look for a room at this time, so I can't steer around the renting market being in shambles :/

Advertisement