Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Happy New Year to you all wishing you all health and happiness for 2024 xx

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭A cup of te

Did anyone on here win that Millionaire Raffle? Every year I believe I'm going to do it ;-) and every year i win nothing! I don't know why I'm so optimistic about it every year. I even bought the half price champers for today to celebrate the big win.

OK, need to join a choir, a wedding band (not a ring, an actual musical band so I can cut back on work), get a different job, a house, a new car, ask yer man from the shop out, should start swimming again even once a week. If I do one of these things I'll be doing well!!! I'm lying on my bed as I type this but I did walk already :-P actually walking isn't even on that list! And I'm going to try and be positive, all of that make it a habit to smile and let your first words in the morning be positive. I've been told I'm like Ricky Gervais in After Life so there's a lot of room for improvement in trying to be more positive :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Just heading in to my home office to replace my 2023 Christmas countdown calendar with my new 2024 one...

Just 359 days to go 😉

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

A leap year this year. Giving us one extra day in the countdown to Christmas.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Also to add to anyone who didn’t have the best 2023 or any year really remember you made it through every bad day in your life to date.

I saw that somewhere on line at Christmas and I was like that’s so true.

• Advertisement

Yep, Christmas is on a Wednesday this year! Usually good for a full 2 weeks off work, will be booking the 5 days needed as soon as I'm back in work on Wednesday.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

The best thing about Christmas falling on a Monday is it is the least feeling Monday ever. Yeah definitely will be taking the Monday and Tuesday off before Christmas this year as well.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

It can't be 4 years since we rang in 2020. 😵

Goes to show that time flies whether you're having fun or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

In my local Dunnes still playing Christmas songs🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

More terrifying is that its 24 years since the millennium 😱 Remember it like it was yesterday!

In other news, I've just seen a reel on Insta of Donal Skeehan throwing out his Christmas tree with great gusto 🙄🤯 It's New Year's Day - what the hell is wrong with these people?

• Advertisement

Read a stat the other day, that 1937 to 1980 is shorter than 1980 to now!

But we’re always having fun on here 😃😃

Back to positive vibes...

It's 36 years since the real millennium, and I have the milk bottles to prove it. 😄

Not sure if anyone is watching the PDC Darts but a 16 year old has made the semi finals. Amazing skill out of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭antimatterx

That was unreal, but the Dobey bottle job in the match before was something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭pigtail33

My parents got their millennium milk bottles turned into lamps, I know at least one got smashed, but I think there's still at least one lying around somewhere.

• Advertisement

How is Mrs Loughc and baby doing @Loughc ? And you of course ? Xx

Looking forward to next Christmas already I have looked up the calendar a couple of times already to see how it falls 😀

Anyone get any nice pressies ? I got a nice voucher, tickets to a gig, new makeup, lovely pamper products I use along with all the comfies, perfumes and candles

I got some lovely Newbridge Christmas decorations as gifts, some ceramic decorations and a led Christmas house I was chuffed a couple of them I had in my hand to buy myself before Christmas but didn’t

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭BK5

First bank holiday of the year is in only 5 weeks, we just have to get through the 3 months of January first 😄

They are both doing amazingly. I cannot speak any higher about what a star Mrs Loughc has been. She’s taking it all in her stride.

Despite only getting 3 hours sleep last night I’m still flying high and in great spirits. It’s surreal seeing my eldest interact with the baby with such enthusiasm as he has been. I know it’ll all change soon but for now it’s been brilliant.

I can’t wait for Christmas 2024 we will have nothing hanging over us or much to do but shop for 2 boys now.

Next year Christmas day is on a Wednesday, yuck! But I'll have had my big lotto win by then, so I'll have plenty of time off. 😂

Was raging in the run up that I had to cancel a days leave I had booked off, that day was carried over to this year and will be taken tomorrow and boy am I glad now. Not quite ready to re-enter the work head space.

I got a new iPad for my 40th as my old iPad of 10 years finally packed it in.

I also got Ugg slippers as my OH rightly pointed out we’re going no where anytime soon so may as well be comfy and some new YSL aftershave.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

Congratulations @Loughc and Mrs. Loughc, hope the little elf is doing well.

Back in the office today. MIL and FIL left the house at 4am so a disturbed sleep, the little one is heart broken a she wont see them for 6-9 months. The brother in laws leave at 4am tonight/tomorrow morning.

We had a nice night on NYE in the back garden with pals, watched the fireworks from the city, 2023 table quiz and then punishments for coming last which created a few new traditions.

We are taking over our new home at the end of June, we were hoping to get a full refurb done when we took the keys but with that cost, plus 3-4 months of having to rent during the refurb has put that on the back burner. Not paying for that means we may have a holiday between now and the summer. So looking into that!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Andrew93

Back to the office this morning and truly miserable. Feels like this Christmas didn't even happen this year... 1000 MPH in the buildup unfortunately carried over past the 25th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Back to the grindstone this morning & feeling wrecked. The weather doesn't help of course, it was still pitch-black well past 8am. Smallest elf decided to have a go at musical beds last night so that never helps.

Advertisement