Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 4 - Read OP before posting - updated 30/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

If they didn’t I would take my custom elsewhere

cash is king

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭orangerhyme

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭john boye

Funny how ratting is OK when your back is against the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Tiffers93

Flashy has no pull now with anyone of note. He's nowhere near here for good reason. I think some of his family might still be in Finglas but he ain't. He's lost all pull with the Ks as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cheddar Bob

Which is performative nonsense of the highest just to show they're on the side of the good guys. Even the most garish nonsense they buy- Moncler lagging jackets, Canada Goose and so on- to my knowledge for a single item would rarely exceed 1300, most expensive Gucci T Shirt might be what 700? Balenciaga shoes what's their top, just shy of a grand?

So either keep under the two grand mark in a single shop, come back several times in a day and pay at different tills (not that the cashier would likely care) or bring a bird/ mate who had a day job with you to buy it for you.

The ultimate irony for the likes of BT is they probably rely on these lads, as the horsey set who might have previously dropped 1300 quid on a Gucci dressing gown now see it as tacky when they see who buys it now.

When I was young the BT doorman might have stopped you if you were wearing a trackie. Now it's part of the dress code.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,344 ✭✭✭Gusser09

I think Flashy will come out of this though in better shape than the K's. I'd suspect they will be lifted at some stage this year. There is too much bad press for letting them live it up while the world looks on. There are talks in the background about the best way to lift them without Dubai authorites losing face. They are on borrowed time and will let their guard down. Not as clever as people think. Just legally out of reach at the moment. Diplomacy takes time but im sure the Americans/Irish will start calling out the regime over there soon for what it is.

Flashy to be still walking around this time next year while the K's on remand awaiting trial. Flashy isnt relevant anymore but that wont bother him. AGS and UK authorites have bigger fish to fry.

On "Inside the K" they showed one dealers clothes and shoes and watches that they confiscated and it was insane.

He spent €800 on a belt. 3 Rolex watches.

Maybe it's just a way to launder money but wouldn't they be better off putting their money in crypto or something else.

Maybe it's difficult to launder money and they just spend it stupidly.

There must be better ways to spend it. Maybe have a food/coffee stand for festivals and markets and launder money that way.

Well back in the day a good way for an unemployed drug dealer to burn through a good chunk of his money was to be out on the session 4, 5 nights a week.

Just like every other young lad today those days are long past. If you told me when I was 20 that within 15 years young people by and large would do as much pubs and clubbing quarterly as we did in an average week I'd think either you were off your head or the Taliban must have taken over.

I do wonder though, just how much clothes and shoes can you cram into the wardrobes of the council house bedroom you already share with your younger brother. How long do they keep the clothes, how long do they wear them, is SVDP full of 1300 jackets available for a tenner?

It's such a waste of money.

It probably gives momentary joy.

Couldn't they just gamble the money sensibly and clean it that way.

I've noticed on Facebook that people from these areas do raffles for items like watches and bikes and whatnot. Like you buy a ticket and are given a number and you might "win" a car or bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Lecter8319

Don't agree, can see the Kinahans going to Russia or Iran if it looks like they'll be extradited back to Ireland, they're a good bit off that at this stage. People with the kind of money and influence in Dubai that the Kinahans have will be informed of whats going to happen well in advance. Thats if they're even there still.

Flashy or whatever people like to call him is the one on borrowed time, when he's no more use to the gards, its bye bye time.

• Advertisement

I've always wondered why the Gardai dont use the roadside drug testing as a way to harass these lads.

Most of them would permanently have a readable measure of cannabis in their system.

Most of them would likely swab a positive cocaine reading on a Saturday Sunday or Monday morning- FFS some of them are sniffing away as I type at 1pm on a Tuesday.

Positive test= insurance costing god knows how much for a 22 year old already paying about 3k, plus a driving ban.

They'll probably ignore the ban meaning the guards can keep catching them, convicted, keep getting sent away for 6 weeks (although with prisons at the capacity they are now I'd imagine a lot of 3 month sentences are going the way of the old TV licence sentence, a few hours in the Mountjoy Training Unit and home you go)

But in normal times before the recent capacity surge, being sent away for 6 weeks multiple times a year would piss them off a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

Yeah, The Ks are getting plenty of time to relocate. Some people are already saying they're in Qatar. The old man must have info to share around Interpol, CIA, and whoever else wants it. Funny that they're the only ones of the their big european partners who weren't picked up. Some people are saying one of the sons might be a trade off for his freedom, that's if the sons don't shop Dad off first.

Flashy is low hanging fruit. He's buying watches and jackets. While the real OCG are laundering their money into gold in Africa and other places.

I often wondered why some of the bigger gangs didn't take care of some of these lower gangs like the Hennesseys creating so many issues and heat around the town. Public uproar leads to more scrutiny but I guess it takes the heat off what their doing internationally ultimately. They're probably setting things up and lighting fires between them to keep it going.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mikewebber

Not sure there's a hiding place when the political pressure comes on

They'll just get thrown under the bus by any of the powers

Is there actually evidence to convict them of anything?

Maybe there's encrochat evidence.

The threshold for proof in Ireland is much higher than in England when it comes to drug conspiracy.

Read the English meda, you'll regularly see stories like "gang who flooded Coventry with £25m of drugs over 4 years jailed for up to 23 years" (*in reality UK sentences are half served as opposed to here a quarter, although they can hold you longer if a CAB assesment is made against you and you try and evade paying)

Over here the amount of mid to high level men convicted of drug offences in the last 30 years could be counted on your hands and toes.

There's been several high ranking lads in Limerick caught in actual posession of large hauls for some strange reason. Everyone in Dublin gets young lads or indebted addicts to manage transport and stash houses.

A file has been sent to the DPP and they're waiting to hear back. But she's happy to send anybody for trial these days so I dont see it being much of an issue. Look at the shitshow that was the regency trial, Gerry Hutch should never have been sent forward for a murder trial, farcical. He should have applied for bail at the time as he'd be able to take a case against the state now if he did.

Theres still plenty of hiding places from the west & the states, Russia, Iran, & a number of African countries just to name a few are more than happy to tell the states where to go...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,344 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Ah there is evidence for sure. Id imagine the informing and back stabbing is in overdrive at the moment. They will turn a major player soon enough. Will Byrne or Bomber be willing to do 10+ years after the life they had become accustomed to? Maybe they will if there families are being threatened. Plent of other smaller players with info that could turn too. Olenty of lads burned by the Kinahans to save their own skin.

There is zero chance of the yanks coming out with the rewards and posters like they did if they didnt have solid intel. Why would they get involved otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mikewebber

The US when they got el Chapo they tried him on every kind of charge

"drug trafficking with intent to distribute, conspiracy association, organized crime against health, money laundering, homicide, illegal possession of firearms"

To this day it still amazes me that DK wouldn't have a care in the world today only he thumbed his nose at both Irish and US/ UK authority by attempting to become a big player in boxing. He would be able to freely move in and out of Dubai, perhaps even the EU, there might not even be a case to answer here given how high a threshold we maintain for drug/ murder conspiracy and directing OC charges to stick.

The MGM MTK stuff was tolerated, they were mid level boxers. It was his grandstanding in setting up what would have been one of the biggest, perhaps the biggest, bout in history that had the establishment decide that they had enough of this lad taking the piss.

Christy Sr must be livid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Popuptent

if the russian connection is proved to be true meens the k family are in deep trouble with the usa

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭portlaoisepal

Couldn't be in any deeper **** than they are already in Us

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭portlaoisepal

3 Rolex watches...can he even read the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

How much would it cost for the Kinehans to live safely in Russia, I'd reckon their money would run out fairly quickly as they would be tapped by government, police and the military on a regular basis

Was reading a case in the Indo there of a lad in Clondalkin, threw 750 worth of weed out his bedroom window during a raid and copped a 300 euro fine. How that isn't a conviction for supply I don't know. With sentences like that and not even "supply" attatched to their record it's no wonder so many dealers feel they have carte blanche to meet complete strangers off Snapchat and Telegram, it's actually quite hard to get jailed for dealing these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭ghostfacekilla

The mind automatically assumes they'll head directly to America's biggest enemies whose leadership is not in huge danger of changing anytime soon, however many of those countries would be happy to take in the likes of Edward Snowden as a two fingers up to the yanks, but would not entertain the idea of giving refuge to some of the world's biggest narco traffickers. This wouldn't be a people pleaser on home turf, no matter how you spin it. I'd say Russia and Iran would decline, and Kinahan money is small change to them. I would take a punt that they'll consider Lebanon, where Mink Kok was based or Morocco under the protection of Taghi's crew there. Neither countries have extradition treaties with the U.S. afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Noseygit

Every business can take cash once they can put an invoice against it. The business does not need proof where the money came from.

I don't understand the fascination with Rolexs and bling.

I'd put my effort into laundering the money first, then invest it properly.

Then spend the money on living a good life. They do it arseways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Noseygit

If Daniel stuck to the deal he agreed with GH in May 2015 he would still be at the forefront of boxing

Advertisement