Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,520 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Thread on South Africa's case against Israel for the alleged war crimes commited

Link to the case in the opening post.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

The whole thread is out of context? I dont think this thread is for you then, if this is what you honestly believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭dmcdona

I never said that it was Israel's "fault" and I certainly did not say Hamas were not to blame.

Current estimates are that 129 hostages remain in Gaza. No-one I'm aware of has estimated how many of those are actually alive. I'm assuming that your estimation of "many of the men having already been killed" is pure speculation.

All I'm pointing out is the gravity of the event and its impact on the current situation - especially the hostages. I would sincerely hope cool heads will prevail (perhaps Egypt/Jordan) and the hostages will remain untouched and released as soon as possible.

I certainly believe that Israel has not done the hostages any favours with this action. And may not have done Israel any favours either:

"Hezbollah says the killing was "a serious assault on Lebanon" and "a dangerous development in course of war between the enemy and the axis of the resistance" in a post on Telegram.

It "will not go without a response or punishment," it adds."

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭boetstark

Just as well there is not a court available to investigate, how a bunch of neandethals can bring a modern country to its knees in 2 decades.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,520 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Well aren't you nice?

And when I say nice I mean racist 🙄

• Advertisement

I knew that babies were found in ICU, decomposing in their beds. But I didn't know that the IDF dug up a mass grave at the hospital.

Sick.

81. Other Palestinians have died as a direct result of Israel cutting off electricity and fuel to hospitals; they include five premature babies and 40 ICU and kidney patients at Al Shifa hospital. Other Palestinians have died as a direct result of Israel’s forced evacuation of hospitals, including at least four babies in Al Nasr hospital, whose tiny bodies were found weeks later –– during a temporary ceasefire –– decomposing in their hospital beds.356 Hospital courtyards have been turned into sites of mass graves: at Al-Shifa Hospital, it was medics themselves who had to dig a mass grave for the decomposing bodies of 179 patients and others.358 Israeli bulldozers excavated and exhumed a hospital mass grave in the besieged Kamal Adwan hospital on 16 December, where 26 Palestinians had been buried. Speaking to CNN, Hossam Abu Safiya, Head of Paediatric Services at Kamal Adwan Hospital, stated, “[t]he soldiers dug up the graves this morning and dragged the bodies with bulldozers, then crushed the bodies with the bulldozers … I have never seen such a thing before”.

From the above document.

Israeli Army reservist “motivational speech”: On 11 October 2023, 95-year old Israeli army reservist Ezra Yachin — a veteran of the Deir Yassin massacre during the 1948 Nakba — reportedly called up for reserve duty to “boost morale” amongst Israeli troops ahead of the ground invasion, was broadcast on social media inciting other soldiers to genocide as follows, while being driven around in an Israeli army vehicle, dressed in Israeli army fatigues:

“Be triumphant and finish them off and don’t leave anyone behind. Erase the memory of them. Erase them, their families, mothers and children. These animals can no longer live . . . Every Jew with a weapon should go out and kill them. If you have an Arab neighbour, don't wait, go to his home and shoot him . . . We want to invade, not like before, we want to enter and destroy what’s in front of us, and destroy houses, then destroy the one after it. With all of our forces, complete destruction, enter and destroy. As you can see, we will witness things we’ve never dreamed of. Let them drop bombs on them and erase them.”

• Registered Users Posts: 51,754 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Well that would not explain shooting nuns in a church while praying, bombing ambulances, targeting journalists who were clearly wearing Press I/D and telling people to leave an area and bombing them when they get to the designated area. There are so many documented incidents that they take the 'accident' out of the equation. Even the Pope has called them out on it.

He said that the IDF are killing too many innocents and that in his view the war is far from over as Hamas seem to be waiting for a fight at close quarters or words to that effect. The problem is not being solved in the manner they are approaching it.

Hopefully that won't happen. Taking out a Hamas warmonger is no harm as long as innocents didn't die with him. It may be an international crime but there's so many of those now it might not register.

• Advertisement

It was whataboutery though. A poster a few days ago stated that Israel weren't killing enough Palestinians and not one poster on the Israeli side of this discussion disagreed with him. Whatabout that?

Its getting silly now. After 3 months I still haven't seen a pro-Hamas post. Not from any regular anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,486 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Nor has anyone justified October 7th or claimed that innocent Israeli civilians deserved to die or be kidnapped.

Shocking by such a 'democratic' state surrounded by 'barbarians'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭Rezident

Ireland is an outlier. Al Jazeera did a documentary on how European countries are biased against Palestinians, from a radical Islamic perspective anyway. They cited Germany, for obvious reasons, and France, strangely, but they did praise one and only one European country for being pro-Palestine: Ireland.

When you are singled out for this dubious accolade by AL JAZEERA, then you're nowhere near being balanced on this one. How did you end up on the same side as Hamas!? Look, I get that Ireland signed up for the 'we were oppressed by the British too' thing with Palestinians. But when you find out what they did to the women alone on October 7, shooting female soldiers directly in the vagina (and breasts), gang raping and mass raping women, girls and children, driving nails and knives into women's private parts, cutting off women's breasts, Ireland did not sign up for that insanity. The enemy of your enemy is not necessarily your friend.

We know radical Islam hates, inter alia, the Jews, but why do they hate women so vehemently? So violently? This is insane what the Palestinian men have done, we can only imagine the suffering of the Palestinian women living with these 'men'.

Do you know what the Palestinian men did to women on 7 October? Do you know the depths they went to? It is beyond beyond the Pale.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

I'm genuinely curious, what is your motivation for constantly equating all Palestinians with Hamas? Do you genuinely believe this or is it something you think makes you come across as edgy, or 'sticking it to the left' like other posters seem obsessed with doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

I'm surprised Israel didn't drop a 2000lb bomb though. I guess some civilians are more innocent than others.

They have shown they can do a surgical strike while minimizing civilian casualties but they choose not to in Gaza.

You call Ireland biased but you have been constantly displaying selective outrage in your posting. You decry the rape of women on one side but not the killing of women on the other.

You can call us an outlier all you want but 130 countries voted against Israel's action. Perhaps you should consider why the view that Israel's actions are appropriate now is an outlier on the world stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,740 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Escalation seems inevitable. We are closer to a full war breaking out now. Israel knew what it was doing. Hezbollah will look weak if it doesn't respond. The leader of Hamas must have sweat after he heard about this killing. I can't see the Israelis carrying out a strike like this in Qatar though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Hey boy

It is absolutely awful and I do mean it but I can understand why Israel need to stop the threat. No one has any idea how to stop the Hamas operatives within Gaza other than to go in there and engage in trench warfare basically. Hamas could end this tomorrow.

You are free to make stuff up about motives which you could not possibly know.

No comment on the Hamas part I note. Hamas can carry on. It’s the bad Israelis 100% to blame as usual. I spy a pattern.

"I can't see the Israelis carrying out a strike like this in Qatar though."

I wouldn't rule it entirely out either. In October 1985 the Israeli airforce carried out Operation Wooden Leg which resulted in the destruction of the PLO's HQ in Tunis which is 2000 km from Israel. I'm not suggesting that drones or fighter jets will be deployed against potential targets in Qatar, but if Israel wants to get them, they will.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,817 ✭✭✭SeanW

Yes, screaming racist is popular in certain quarters, but the poster is correct. South Africa is a hellhole that every level the problems of which include - but are far from limited to - a horrifyingly corrupt and incompetent government. Their public services are so bad that South Africans don't really even have electricity any more, with many having electricity for just a few hours a day. Crime is through the roof and SA is one of only two countries (the other being Lesotho which is surrounded entirely by SA) from Sub-Saharan Africa to feature in the Top 15 by murder rate. Even though Africa generally is thought to have problems, South Africa is by far and away worse than just about any other African country excluding those at war.

So SA is not exactly a moral authority on anything.

Is South Africa Becoming a Failed State? (youtube.com)

Thanks for replying.

It is however the same thing all over again. The IDF should not do this or that but no alternative approach provided it seems. Israel cannot sit by with such an active threat next door. What other state would, especially following an invasion such as that of 7th June?

Hamas could end this tomorrow.

Show me the post and I will comment on it for you.

This was said before and a screenshot was provided.

Hmmm, ‘at what point would you fight back’ etc etc sounds like justification to me and that was only a few pages back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Sure we had one guy until recently, constantly going on thinly veiled anti semitic rants, claiming that Hamas are a "liberation group" and that the murders and rapes were made up. But yeah, no one supports Hamas 🙄 and that's not even counting the blatant ones from the start of the thread, which I have provided evidence of on several occasions already when the faux naive "who's supporting Hamas? I haven't seen it" comments come back again. As far as I'm aware, the one who explicitly praised Hamas was a regular poster? The name seemed familiar to me anyway

Probably one of the many posters (I count at least 40) who have been banned from this thread. But if you cant think of one name off the top of your head it cant be that many. Especially considering there are certain posters here constantly referring to anti-Semitism being prevalent in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,486 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

That still sounds like they are talking about Hamas attacking the IDF ('fighting back')......I'm not sure how that could be construed as encouraging the murder of innocent Israeli civilians or raping women.

Advertisement