Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Albanach1

Is anyone having triuble with Revolut app this morning.

When I log in there is a 2024 banner showing & can't see any way to close it down. It won't let me move between screens either. Only option is to close it & reopen but it's still there.

I tried reinstalling app but same story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭Hibernicis

Working fine for me. Are you on the latest version ? If not maybe update.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Was going into the lounge and a lad in front said “I have Revolut “ lady looked at him.. said we don’t do Revolut, and then he paid €52 for the pleasure

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Dublin Airport lounge is one of the worst there is unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Albanach1

Yeah I deleted & reinstalled as well but no luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 ronoc88

I've the same issue. if I keep pressing it eventually works but it's a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,939 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

fwiw, I ran into an interesting one this (well yesterday) morning.

Phone has used most of the 16G on my plan this month, so a few days ago I turned on Data Saver mode, which allegedly "helps cut down your data usage by preventing apps from using data in the background".

Tried to add money from my AIB account to Revolut today, and it got as far as telling me to confirm in my banking app. But the normal notification from the AIB app just never arrives.

Eventually I copped on, and turned Data Saver off - and the confirmation appeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,050 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Or move to an unlimited data plan? There are many available for €20 or under, PAYG monthly contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭SodiumCooled

Cancelled BOI as planned before Christmas and today went to set up the Revolut credit card today but hit a major snag, they won’t allow me setup the credit card if I get paid into a bank account that can’t be linked - I’m with EBS which can’t.

I didn’t anticipate this nor do I see any reason for such a requirement. why not just allow a direct debit be setup from any account?

Only option is to get paid into Revolut which I have been toying with the idea of doing but didn’t really see the need though I wonder will I have to wait until a payment run before they will accept that which could take 2 months before I get it all setup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭redsheeps

Need to generate a Revolut statement for a mortgage application. Noticed that although I select specific dates to cover the 6 month period needed by the bank, the statement itself doesn't show these dates. It only shows the date the statement was generated and no other dates.

Is there any way to get a statement showing the 'start date' and 'end date' of the statement period?

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭crinkley

I'm with EBS and had no problem with getting a credit card, granted I transfer the majority of my wages every payday and have these categorised as salary. Got approved instantly about 6 months ago

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

I just generated one there - the top of the transaction listing it says Account Transactions from X - Y

Did you tick the “I get paid into my Revolut” account option?

I transfer most of my salary but not in one go. I generally move maybe around 1k at the start of the month and then have an auto top up of 500 set so it gets moved but spread across the month so not a clear cut as you.

I just stopped the application at that point today.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭crinkley

I did yes just to see and it worked, the same case for the pay later credit option I thought they may have been stricter or given me a real low credit balance but no

Interesting, I’ve been a heavy Revolut user for quite a few years so I wonder if they may look at that aspect of it rather than purely on actual salary transfer similar to your case (somewhat similar anyway).

I might try again and tick the salary paid to Revolut option and see what they say.

Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,168 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Apparently revolut won't give me a car insurance quote because of "Vehicle details"

Anybody know a workaround?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 lostring

This is what I get when I generate a statement. I selected July 2023 through to January 2024. I've done it through the app and through desktop, and both generate the same statement without the details that are included on yours. PITA.

Long shot, but any chance you have no transactions during the period?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 lostring

Bang on. That was it. Needed it for mortgage application and without the dates it look weird. Just made a small purchase and the dates now appear covering the 6 months. Cheers.

• Advertisement

Glad I could help - best of luck with mortgage app!

I selected that I am getting paid into Revolut and despite it giving at least two warnings that your application will be refused if you aren't paid in full into revolut it proceeded to approval in principle instantly, few documents requested this morning and now fully approved with the card ordered and a higher limited than I had on my previous card. Thanks again for tips.

I guess they must go on a case by case basis and since I put considerable sums of money though revolut every year it must give you some bonus points. I am also premium whether that makes any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

They are essentially just passing through AIG onto their app. It's not actually revolut insurance. Therefore theres likely nothing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,171 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Anyone any idea what's actually happened to them? Saying someone paid with a phone app, did they just get their card & add it into apple/google pay

• Registered Users Posts: 9,306 ✭✭✭markpb

In my (limited) experience of other people who had fraud problems, Revolut are a lot less helpful than legacy banks. In one case, a friends self-reported fraud, their account was locked pending a review and then they were notified that they had broken T&Cs and their account would be closed. They contacted AIB about the same fraud and AIB left their account in place, suspended the card debt pending an investigation and then wrote off some of the debt and left their account open.

Revolut do customer care at scale which means its mostly unhelpful rubbish when bad things happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,965 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I got a better quote from AIG directly than going through Revolut.

I got a much better quote from Allianz than from AIG in the end.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,274 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

An insurance contract require "utmost good faith". Any circumvention of the process means you are giving the insurance company an opportunity disclaim liability in the case of an accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

They are cheaper than AIG directly for me with the metal 10% off but 123.ie and Allianz are both cheaper than Revoluts offering. I think ill go with 123.ie [RSA] as they are only about 10€ more than Allianz and their driving other cars is comprehensive up to 2.5l (€50,000) and (74kW battery EV I think it was) vs 3rd party with Allianz.

That chill.ie option was there Friday but not today AIG are also 3rd party driving other cars.

AA option is kinda crap and who i am currently with as they did a deal last year of 279€ car insurance with Allianz but no break down so you had to get AA membership for intro offer of 90€. I'm not giving them 412.50€ just for car insurance and then prob 150€ for AA membership with rescue plus.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,274 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Mod Warning: I have deleted a number of posts on here that do not directly relate to the use of a financial product, but rather speculate on financial institutions and their operation. This thread is to help people with queries relating to the operation of financial products offered by Revolut. Do not drag the thread of topic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

I've had this account for ages but when I go to the credit card section it says "We will let you know when this service is available"

It's strange. Assumed the staggered introduction would be over by now.

Advertisement