Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 efb80

I got the DAZN offer for €19.99 (same figure as Sterling £19.99) with DAZN monthly sub for €5. So for €25 I got a decent month’s boxing. And I had Sky Go for Inoue Tapales on 26/12. I did a watchalong for my mate who has a life and busy with fam- got 2,860 unique views- which was nice but handing reigns back to mate for next watchalong

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Bit of noise about Zhang and Joshua squaring off but I’d be very surprised if it came about. Joshua would be favourite but this would be against a guy much harder to bully than Wallin.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,633 ✭✭✭✭walshb

They'll do a pointless AJ-Parker rematch, and Parker will again be content to do eff all and lose on points

You really think so. I think it took a while but Lee has made Parker something close to the aggressive fighter we were all hoping for. If he had a go like against Wilder he could be a difficult match up for Joshua. You’d expect an aggressive Joshua to be a bit more neat and slick alright but it’s funny with him in that he can come undone so suddenly.

That’s just it. Did he have a go? Wilder was ridiculously timid. Awful. Joe won based more off simple forward pressure. He still looked very cautious when pressing.

Folks shouldn’t at all think this is some new and improved Parker based off that win.

AJ won’t be running away fighting like a a windbag. He’ll be in front of Joe trying to win.

Not saying Joe won’t fight harder this time, but I don’t expect him to be much better.

• Advertisement

Ah I think he did. He had Wilder in trouble and piled in behind his work. Wilder survived pretty well but yea I’ll agree that he had no fight in him. Nothing mean. No guarantees that Joshua will be as forward marching as he was either. I’m basing what I’m saying thinking as well of the Joyce fight. Although Parker lost ultimately he had a real go and threw big. He’s not that powerful. Ah I’d expect a late Joshua stoppage but it’s not a bad fight at all. Pity these are all gonna be in Saudi.

Yes, some hard-committed moments from Parker, but far more eff all work other than simply looking like he wanted to fight/win. That’s how poor Wilder was

Yea if Wilder ever lost his killer instinct then there was the danger he would be this bad. It was always in him. If he continues fighting I’d expect him to get ironed out. Aura gone. Parker still went and did it. Anyhow if not Parker who would you want to see Joshua in with?

AJ v Zhang or Hrgovic more interests me than v Parker

Yea both of those have much more of a freshness about them. I think both are a big risk for Joshua. Hrgovic maybe less so. Joshua has it against both for speed and footwork but both have a lot of power. It’s a funny one with Joshua, all about how he takes a beefy shot.

• Advertisement

6 weeks to the BIG one… who we got, lads?

Still won’t believe till the day of the fight!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,331 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Miller arrested

The internet isn’t for everyone

Rootin for Usyk, expecting for Fury. Agreed, until the weigh in is complete and we see two lads answer the ring walks it’s not actually happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,756 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Right now AJ v Wang would be great fight,

Lots of question still around both, It probably to tricky a fight with not much to gain for AJ so doubt it'll happen ,

Wilder v Parker was odd, Wilder looked like he never even tried to put the foot down & get Parker out, At least in the Fury fight he went for it,

Its crazy how a couple of months can change things,

Usyk looked average against DDD & for the world your thinking Fury has to be Fav but then Fury goes and stinks the place out against Francis,

In my opinion the fight goes down to Furys legs in, if there gone which it looked like in large parts of his last fight, he is in trouble , but if Francis was a once off , Fury on form wins,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,331 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

eddie keeps mentioning nganu as a possible March opponent for Aj but who wants to see that crap

The internet isn’t for everyone

Course he does its easy money , To be fair that is Eddie's job ,

It’s not really a promoters job to make Mickey Mouse matches. And using “money” as a reason doesn’t excuse it. There is plenty plenty money to be made from making legitimate matches

His job is to make his client the most money possible, .

AJ v Francis is the biggest pot AJ can get right now with Wilder fight dead and also with Fury & Usyk engaged ,

Ye we all want to see big fights but AJ would be mad to turn down that Francis fight next, Let's be real here we'd all take the easy fight for far more money , Especially when the other big fights are off the table currently

• Advertisement

Like I said, using money as a justification of it being a promoters job doesn’t excuse it. It’s a sham match. AJ is worth tens of millions, as is Eddie. He could make plenty millions, and as much (possibly more) against actual elite heavyweights.

promoters don’t just promote fighters. They promote the sport and are supposed to promote (to the fans) proper and legitimate matches.

but agreed, it likely is an easy fight for a very good payday.

Its prize fighting & its a job , I never understand the outrage when a lad takes a fight that will make him more money ,

Especially when there no other massive fight right now for AJ,

I'll be the first to complain if he's taking easy fight for the same or less money but when there is a bigger financial incentive i 100% understand why they do it ,

If Joshua gets Ngannou then that’ll be Franklin, Helenius, (attempted Whyte), Wallin and Ngannou since a real fight. What a joke.

I have a feeling Fury might look old over night in 6 weeks time. Slower, ponderous, searching, unsure, out of rhythm..

I’d have to do the untihinkable and watch the entire Ngannou fight on YouTube to see if I subscribe to this theory. I think it’ll all look so obvious at the end. Fury’s legs are done or how was Usyk ever gonna really beat a proper HW champion. All the negative looking stuff has come from Fury that’s one indicator

Have to agree, it'll be one or another,

Fury just looked so so bad against Francis only he knows why, are the legs gone or was he in kind of stuck in the the middle,

It's possible he didn't want to go put it on Francis & get hurt or cut for this fight & got caught in no mans land as its been such a long time that punch & move has been his style , Only he really knows ,

Also Fury weight nearly 10 lbs heavier in the Francis fight than he did in the previous two, So maybe he did take it lightly

Ye shall find out soon enough

Fury probably thinking two ways to win. Ugly via mauling and swarming and using size/weight, or slick via length and height and range. His weight for these two scenarios important. Heavy for ugly and light for slick

I dont fully agree. If he comes in very heavy then he can only win ugly. If he comes in light then he’ll still be more than heavy enough to win ugly and sap energy but he will have some movement. I expect him to come in lighter than recently but not by a whole lot

He can win ugly at any weight. I know this. I just reckon he has two ways to win; and of course, he can adapt during the fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭reclose

If you’re Fury you’d have to be using your advantages and that’s mauling in this fight I reckon.

Both are good boxers so that’s fighting to Usyks strengths.

Advertisement