Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cash wage

Options
  • 02-01-2024 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Two days farm work cash in hand how much should you be getting .9to5 only cleaning up the place bit of tractor and digger work he can do repairs as well .

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭older by the day

Love thy neighbour as yourself. How much would you or if you had a son/daughter working for some lad doing those hours and getting cash, like to receive.

Depends on how good a worker, and if you're getting cash somewhere else to pass on to him. If it's coming out of your farm profit and you are on the higher rate of tax, then it's expensive.

Maybe you might be stuck for help and it's hard to get someone for a few hours. As workers are scarce.

I paid a neighbor for a few hours on his own 8ton track machine 30euro/HR cash. For a small job

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭tikka16751

Cash and farmer don’t belong in same parish not to mind in same sentence. Is this one of Eamon’s NGO’s on glue?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Maybe not but workers tend to go where there is cash first . I'd give cash when the need arises, I save it up as I don't bother going out to pubs etc, so 100 cash saved of a Saturday drinking goes on a job if I need it done by someone instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Two lads here doing relief milking, I pay into their revolut accounts, accountant is happy here as theirs a record of where money went, and the lads aren't obviously declaring it, 20 a hour here for milking/helping with dosing cows etc

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭valtra2

120 a day cash. They more experienced the more you get

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,826 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

I would suggest to anyone paying cash regularly to work out what the equivalent amount on the books would be for them. Especially if it's a case where the farmer is paying at the high rate and the person he is paying is on the lower rate of income tax. Obviously if those positions are reversed then it might change things.

If you are paying cash and not getting a receipt for it, you are paying the recipients tax on it but at your own marginal rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭amacca

Don't mean to rain on any parades but I'd consider getting employers liability if its not in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

Just curious. So do you treat the two lads as self employed contractors. And if so, do they know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭cute geoge

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭valtra2

Actually thought that was on the low side. But would not get out the bed for any less.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭cute geoge

Its only tipping around ,not exactly demanding ,stressfull or heavy .Has the min. wage just driven every one crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭White Clover

I'd say lads are just losing the run of themselves at this stage. Tis gone mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭cjpm

+1

Also your insurance company will ask how much do the casual labours make in the year.

If there is a claim, the insurance company will request your accounts to verify that the casual labour bill isn’t higher than what you’ve insured for……

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Isn't there enough of farmer's not even earning the minimum wage on their own farms, without bringing anyone in of the road to only give them that or less.

If someone is up to the job & on top of their game. Pay them well & they'll want to stay working for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 westeast

Thank.s for all reply.s i asked the question not for me but a young lad down the road he works 40 hour in a 3 day so he has the rest of week off .i did not want to tell him what he should be getting because the work is from another neighbour .and he would say i said you all know the story but he tells me he want 90 to 120 .so the best of luck to him.he is good worker .

Advertisement