Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Really annoying. Had to keep the cat in last night and as a result she woke me before 6.00am wanting to go outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Buy razor blades, shampoo, shower gel, toilet paper, washing up liquid etc. Stuff you will use and isn't perishable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

I also live near some selfish simple minded people who get their kicks from setting off fireworks at different times of year. I politely tried to reason with them and ask them to move the show elsewhere last year when my daughter was five months old, and they got offended as they 'always set then off from outside their house this time of year, why should they change now?'

Last night myself and the baby slept through them, but they kept the other half awake

• Registered Users Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

We are the one country with the strictest fireworks laws on the books that everyone just ignores, no guards arrive to check it out, nothing happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,286 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The noise is being created by the guy. The drill doesn’t plug itself in and operate. So therefore my TA is still with the guy and nothing made up I assure you. 😉

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Retail Websites that don't allow you to click "in stock only" filters.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I bought slices of roast beef for sandwiches , TA I’ve already eaten them

• Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

First day back in work and my laptop screen refused to extend to my monitor. I spent the last hour and a half trying to fix it, and finally have it sorted. (Well, I'm only in since 8 o'clock so it probably took 10 minutes.) The problem was a basic one (the cable not working) but it never gave any trouble previously so why after a week's holiday? (I'm blaming some probably non-existent, holiday-working cable-swapper.)

That I, seemingly, have a delivery between 12 and 4 , and I’m not sure I can stay awake till then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Customer's returning Christmas presents that are completely dog eared.

Like it's not even close to being resellable, packaging all marked up, water stains from the rain etc.

And I know they'd be the first to complain, if I tried sell the item to them, pointing out the smallest details.

That my afternoon shows lingo , the chase have been replaced with ‘ celebrity shows

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People who sign off every single post with their username. It's already right there beside your post, dudes.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

I have two credit cards. One I've had forever and is my 'go to' card. The other one is pretty new and I've not really 'broken it in' yet. I recently lost my debit card and had a new one on order.

I had over a week off for the holidays so off I go to the US, from Canada, for a road trip. No debit card, no worries, I'll just use my credit card!

Big mistake. It wasn't until after about half of the trip that I remembered that the my go to card charges a 'foreign transaction fee' on every purchase. Queue me also remembering that I just spent a few rounds at a brewery instead of opening up a tab. Yes, not going to make that expensive mistake again.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,350 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Almost all debit cards (revolut/n26 and the likes aside) will charge Forex charges

Not just a credit card thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭ruth...less

I'm getting love bombed by Temu. They keep sending me messages about how incredible I am.

I was a television version of a person with a broken heart...

Local convenience store being an inconvenience store.

Tuesday Jan 2nd, it’s midweek but they are not resuming normal hours until Thursday, which is beyond random. Left the gym, fancied a couple of drinks and snacks to take home, to enjoy watching the cricket later, but they are shut.. not shut early, actually closed all day…. Bit of a strange one as none of the Spars, Centra, or Mace are closed… yet this shower which are very conveniently located near hundreds of houses, a university campus and a busy gym… and very convenient for me are shut…. Days into the new year… the google entry confirms for today …’closed’….. not happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Why do smoke alarm batteries seem to go in the middle of the night...chirp...chirp...grrrr

Seven Worlds will Collide

That you open a website or turn on any other media, be it television , radio or print media…. And we are still getting people giving their opinions on Ryan Tubridy…. An average TV and radio presenter, who left his job here to go work somewhere else…big fûcking deal…

what is the absolute obsession with him here that some people and the media have…? With Kielty at least you have a guy who is multiples more witty, humorous, relatable, cultured, entertaining as well as warm, down to earth and engaging….more talented and likeable basically…

replacing an arrogant, smug, predictable and safe and chat show / radio show by numbers Tubridy…… media here still obsessed reporting on every sideways fart of his since moving…. Why 😵‍💫

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

The insulated Irelanders think it's global news.

• Advertisement

The family of three taking up two tables for 4 in the café I'm in 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 13,374 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

My TA is Christmas crackers... they are a complete waste. The toy is just tat. But yet so many people buy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,131 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Bought a box with 9 jigsaws for a young child . We open the box and all nine jigsaws thrown in a bag together . No effort made to separate them at all . So we spent ages trying to separate them

I bought a beef lasagna expecting it to be a 5mins in the microwave job . But it means heating the oven . Too much work 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

My belly is really dodgy today. Mainly because I added way too much Bullet Carolina Reaper hot sauce to my pasta dinner last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,412 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The ones I was looking at before christmas didnt even have the crappy toy in them.

I got my nutmeg grater in a Christmas cracker about 10 years ago and it's still used (albeit for garlic mostly) several times a week.

They must have been from Marks & Sparks or something...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Was at a recycling centre. Now I dispose of a LOT of tin cans, if I had to put them in one by one into their stupid smelly and usually full plastic bins I'd still be there doing it, so I just chucked the lot into the scrap metal skip only for a council lad to give out to me. Well they are all metal aren't they, what difference does it make?

Yeah , especially during the summer when it’s full of wasps .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

It's been a quiet week at work and I've been trying hard to come up with things to do. Next week starting from Monday will be busy.

My boss waits until Friday lunchtime (while I'm having my sandwich) to tell me about a ball of work to do that will need a lot of planning.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement