Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 Applicants - Merit List

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 stealth299

DUP ruining Christmas then lol.

The good thing is it does seem like the finances are going to be there, I think they’ll give psni a massive budget boost when they do go back

• Registered Users Posts: 21 williamhicks999

It’s has taken some adjusting. You just need to make the best of your days off. It’s hard switching between days and nights, earlies and lates. It depends on your family age etc some times I get more time with my family and other times you don’t really see anyone properly for a few days. You can have your rest days cancelled at short enough notice and you’re obviously going to have to work times when most of your friends and family are off. Getting kept on or having to stay on to finish work off can be annoying but it’s just part of the job.

i took a pay cut and i had really flexible working arrangements in the civil service but I was really bored in my job and had been waiting for this for a while so I just decided to take the jump. Don’t regret it yet. Ask me next year after Christmas and new years haha

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭georgie1305

If you don't regret yet, then that's good enough for me.

I can always go back to what I was doing now, if it doesn't suit me in the end anyways.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Anonymous4321

Merry Christmas everyone. Let’s hope 2024 is our year!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭johnny990

Merry Christmas Lads . 2024 is the year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 new2022scs

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 random202201

Is there many of the top 150 that still have not heard anything from vetting?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ynwa22

I only heard back about mine a few weeks ago. I don't know if because for my current job I have ctc clearance if that sped mine up

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jackwillsit

Hey guys, been following this discussion for a few months now as it's a good source of news to keep the hopes alive. Just replying about the vetting question there, I am <100 on the merit list and I have very recently only just got my vetting back (sent it away in April). Hopefully this helps others and gives you some confidence, not sure if it's a slow process and they have only just got round to mine or if they are now starting to make decent process. Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭georgie1305

Hope this is our year 🙄

• Advertisement

When do people think things will start to move? It’s getting so boring waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 WarzoneGuy1997

Anyone currently working as a car sales person? I need a new car 😂😂

Just out of curiosity, will anyone thats not yet appointable be applying to the next student officer campaign as an insurance policy?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭crazyfire999

Not a chance…. This has been painful enough!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Si_zx10r

I dont think so, think if it doesn't work out this time, it's not for me and I will just get on with it. I know lots of people do but it's alot of effect to get back to where I am already lol

The only thing that would tempt me to do it is to try and get a higher assessment centre score lol

Was anyone on boards when the 2017&18 campaigns were progressing because obviously they would have had no impact on them due to covid and stormont not being open? Did they take as long as this one or were they much faster?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭psnaye2023

I think neenaw was 1710. There was a delay with 2018 I believe, sure they were only cleared last year so took 4 years to polish the merit list.

Recommend a read through the old boards, they were far more active

I will cheers

I'm in the process for the MET in london. I have an exam next week. I have already passed one. PSNI exam should have covered that but apparently PSNI exams are not covered by College of Policing equivalent.

but im not applying for psni again. The entire thing is an absolute farce. I hope at this stage I can get into the MET. No bullshit…

• Advertisement

The recruitment graphs on joinpsni updated yesterday, but I don’t think any of the numbers actually changed ?

A few of the 150 appointable from the 2021 dropped out and 3 out of the 37 appointable from the 2020 campaign dropped out.

@psnaye2023 I had a read of previous boards, was very informative - thanks!

Some of the comments were hilarious, and then the admin would periodically give people a telling off🤣🤣.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭NeeNaw21

I was 1810.

Was about a year from application to starting GV

@NeeNaw21 to your knowledge, under normal circumstances, do the PSNI in accordance with The Patton Report actually get the first squad of student officers in GV within 6 months of applications for the corresponding campaign closing?

I know they obviously don’t follow the report to the finest of details, however, do they aim to follow this aspect of it?

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Blueandtwo1320

Well….. update this week we reckon? Quite possibly 🤞

Gardai recruitment open again next week if anyone interested.

I think when they get those 34 from the prev campaign into gv it’ll make a difference.

finally close that campaign

I wonder if the updating of the list is the psni getting themselves organised to move things forward, fingers crossed it starts moving very soon. I been keeping an eye on the data for psni numbers and it is dropping approx 30 a month on average. Was 6493 as of the 01/01/2024, come April time it will be nearly 6300 so they can't delay much longer. Out of that 6300 over 550 are off each day sick and there is a number of suspensions etc, going to be a tough road for us that get a position

• Advertisement

Does anyone know that once the PSNI get their desired number of student officers in GV for any campaign (think it was 400 for this one) do they close the campaign even if there are still people on the merit list, meaning they would have to apply again?

Or, do they just keep on working their way through the merit list until everyone is done?

Advertisement