Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGA 2K23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Last 2 event results, damn you Fangee!

PS Made a hames of the latest one, 5 shots into the water 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

Ha. You leave a difficult target. It definitely increases the pressure chasing a target so I tried to set one for the latest event.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Romero

Well that's a first for me hit shot limit on round 1 Hole 15, happy enough with recovery to get -9 over the two rounds

I was 3 off the lead on the 17th tee and managed to chip in for birdie and then made a 19 foot putt for eagle on the 18th to tie.

Couldn’t get any control on that second round.

Results from last event, well played again by Fangee, so close!

• Advertisement

Result from Tralee, a 3 way tie!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Even when I finish an event double digits under par, I'm still last 😅

Last 2 events, wp by Fangee.

A draw in the last one.

I might end the season after the current event and start the 2024 up. Thinking of upping the skill level to Pro-Am and see how that goes or possibly bring back in the handicap rule to level the playing field.

But open to suggestions

• Advertisement

Sounds good to me. I wouldn't be a fan of the handicap rule but I'd be ok with it every once in a while.

Recent nice shot from the bunker, very rare from me.

Ended season moved difficulty to ProAm to see how we cope with that. Accidentally added a one day clickbait event if you want a practice round. I will evaluate as the events go on.

@corcaigh07 Nearly caught you but bogeyed a couple of holes on the run in. How did you find the Pro-Am settings?

Left a few putts behind me as well, I was very streaky at times during the 2 rounds.

Pro-Am totally fine, similar to ranked.

Pro am swing difficulty if one in that it is only slightly harder than amateur.

You have turned on ‘distance control assist’ which make the all round game easier than amateur though.

I see the ‘putt preview’ is also on ‘unlimited’ which would allow for 18 one-putts for those inclined to do so.

‘Pro vision trajectory’ has changed from ‘aim only’ to ‘on’.

I think ‘pro vision true shot’ has changed too and was previously ’off’.

• Advertisement

@fplfan12345 They are just the default settings for pro am, haven't changed them just yet. Don't want to make it to difficult for the causal members of the society and at the same time too easy for yourself and @corcaigh07

Post edited by Romero on

@marcbrophy How are you finding the Pro-Am settings I think you played the first round of the current event? You were doing pretty well on the first round.

I will stick a note up on the message board within the society to see how everyone else is getting on with the settings

Didn't notice any of the things FPL did, ooops! No wonder he's the champ 😊

I'd go along with the suggestions though, especially the putt preview thing, could be abused easily

I've made the changes, luckily I took pictures of the amature settings will see how that affects the matches going forward

Well, the settings make the green area in 3-click smaller!

It's now so small, it's not really going to be possible for me to hit a straight shot ever again.

I'm just going to have to move to analogue swing, even though I hate it, cos it's such a disadvantage now.

Oh I hate it so much :(

With 3 click it's all about the timing. The area is smaller alright making harder to get it right. Have you messed with your fittings and attributes at all?

i have put on some shafts and stuff, usually just going by the biggest number, but I'm kinda lost in there, if I'm being honest!

Might just watch a vid on what's the best approach.

I also don't know how to use skills! Bet I'm missing out on something there too, right? :)

I'm not the best player here by any means but fittings, archetype and skills are very important (possibly in that order too). I would say watch a bit of YouTube, Reddit etc and I'm happy to take a few PMs on it as well.

My biggest tip that I didn't realise until a lot later, don't sell your lesser fittings, get 3 of the same colour, press triangle and it will give you the option to upgrade it to one of a stronger type. Keep doing that to get more of the orange type fittings.

That's one interesting course you picked for the latest event 😅

• Advertisement

Oh damn apologies for pin placement on round 2 I was wondering why I caught up with you after the first 9 holes and then I hit 10 and 11 hitting shot limit on 10th got it back down to +2 until I hit the 18th and bang 1 over par!

We will write this one off as terrible course design. Interested to see if Fangee can beat your fantastic score

Advertisement