Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer (Dublin) in the Civil Service 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

I just told my boss- I was honest and said I was very 50/50 about taking it. I just don't know how I'm supposed to take the job when I don't know any of the details. I'll sign the contract and hopefully they can tell me what the job is before I hand in my notice.

Honestly, it just smacks of 'never worked in the real world'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 DivineBovine

Stage 1 generated your OOM

Stage 2 is up to at least 506 OOM.

After your Stage 2 interview you will get another new OOM. That one will indicate your position for an Offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 LS84

@Lollipops23 Ah ok. Not sure I could say anything to my boss. I agree. It's a very strange process!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭skidmarkoner

Sorry yes stage 2 my mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭loser2k12

Passed Stage 2 interview with Open OOM 25 and Interdepartmental OOM 11

However I'm opting to stay in my current department and hoping I don't get any offers but it was a pain, I had to basically decide overnight as my OOM was high and I could be offered something straight away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭defiantdancer

May I ask u how do I know that they are up to 506 @DivineBovine TIA.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lauwer

I'm OOM 592 and received an invite to the interview at the beginning of January today.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭koifish

I can't get over how fast the interviews are moving - faster than CO and other panels! Good luck all. 🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 5 DivineBovine

Because I was 506 and I got an invite to interview.

And as @lauwer said 2 comments above this one; they're OOM 592 and got an interview invite!

Basically I'm just checking this thread to see people stating their OOM and getting Interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Mossie13

Anyone any information on Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection, Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭pygmaliondreams

From PAS

"We are currently at the following Order of Merit (OOM) for county: Dublin

Open : 582

Inter-departmental : 199"

Unsure why those past the 590s seem to have been called but that's no harm I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 DarkKnight

Hi @pygmaliondreams , if you don't mind me asking when did you receive that message from PAS? Thanks a million!

About an hour ago, a few minutes before I made the post. So I'd imagine the information is no more than a week old on their side.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 DarkKnight

Thanks @pygmaliondreams, I'm in the early 300s for the Interdepartmental so should be early in the new year when I'm called so!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭skidmarkoner

Sometimes they have a lag on the list they send out

Yeah, most things seem to be updated on Tuesdays in the CS for whatever reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 star777

PAS has received the reference from my current employer, so just wondering how likely it is I’ll get an official offer/start date this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 justgoose

What info are you after? I've been assigned here, haven't started yet tho so I don't have a huge amount of info!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 star777

Been told my clearance is being handed over for final checks today - how long does this normally take? Was hoping to receive an actual offer by the end of the week but seems more and more unlikely

• Registered Users Posts: 22 DeargDue

I’m there myself now!! So far so good! Everyone is very nice and it’s very calm. I would say it depends entirely on both the people you work with and what sector of DSP you end up in. Best of luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 i_am_me

I have worked in DSP for almost three years now as a CO (waiting on mobility out or this comp) don't know where you are or even if LO but it's mess right now. ICM's who are afraid to pull long standing staff over things that would get you sacked in a second in private sector. Stuff being overlooked because under staffed,TCOs getting away with murder again because no staff. It's a mess and because people cover for each other nothing will change. The whole DSP needs a clean out of staff that have been there over 5+ years in the same role, the majority of them hate the job and the people they deal with and need to move on. When i started in civil service three years ago that was my main annoyance people there too long hating their job and not wanting to change or learn, just stuck in their role and hating it. Again if this was private sector they wouldn't last a week, casual racism, bigotry, misogyny and the general bullshit that goes with FO and is laughed off as banter. I've seen new people leave because they couldn't understand how this was let fly, coming from outside the CS I thought it was the norm, but eight months of doing both the EO and HEOs work have realised they promote people into roles in no way suited for them. I mean come on a CO teaching a HEO his role is a joke.

Sorry for the rant, I'm glad you got a decent office just keep your head down, go on mobility and get out after your two years or do the next HEO comp if you can. Or as I've been told if you want to make change in DSP go as high as you can and shout as loud as you can.

Was given my start date before Xmas but need to push it out as I sadly experienced a miscarriage. They've been very understanding and allowed me to delay sending in my paperwork too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

I'm very sorry to hear that @Lollipops23 . Good to know that HR in your new place of work can act with compassion and can respond in a way that's considerate. All the same, I'm sorry for your loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Jobseeker2018

So sorry for your loss. Thankfully there are humans that work in HR Dept. Take the time to heal and start when you are ready. Best of luck when you commence in your new position.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭smurfette2212

So, so sorry to hear that @Lollipops23 Awful news, and I'm so sorry for your loss. Really encouraging that your new HR team can apply common sense and compassion. Hopefully you can take time to heal and look after yourself. Wishing you all the very best when you do start.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭PmMeUrDogs

So sorry for your loss, lollipop. I'm glad your HR dept are so good to you during this horrible time.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭defiantdancer

@Lollipops23 I am so sorry for your loss. Be gentle with yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rachael179

Hi, I done my interview and passed and placed OOM 37/ Batch 4. Just wondering if anyone is in the same batch and gotten their email for the pre-employment checks yet? TIA.

Thanks all- they've allowed me to push my start date by 2 weeks and said I'm good to hand in my notice in my current role. Will be doing that tomo.

Still very confused about not knowing where my office will be lol!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 M1ntyPyth0n

Got an offer this week for mid January and asked them both to push the start date back and to give me an idea of where the office is. The person reaching out told me the division / unit I'm in and all.

Maybe it depends on the dept or the person you're dealing with when it comes to finding out more info? Happy with what I am assigned to anyways.

Advertisement