Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BYD Seal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I have the camera as well and thinking of doing the same when I collect. What do you mean by something to cut the tape with? Is it the plug that goes into the camera? Surely they would have something there to cut it for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

Yeah, a scissors or something would do it, I didn't think to ask and I'm just watching football so I'll get something at half time.

Any word on how long it will take them to register the sim card in car so you can start using the mobile app and the maps? I read some Atto 3 buyers saying it took their dealer up to 3 weeks to get them registered

I think it's active, might be mistaken though

Nice, I'd say while you're there download the mobile app and see if you can get it working and connected to your car

• Advertisement

I actually forgot about that too but I have it downloaded already, I just texted the sales guy I dealt with because they have to register your email to the car.

Yes I think that's what the Atto 3 buyers I read about were waiting up to 3 weeks on. Basically in their system they need to register the sim card to whatever email address you want to register for the app with. Hopefully it's a quicker process now

He did say to me the other day he'd do it today but I forgot about it and I don't really have the time to go back in to him.

Dash cam is in and set up, very easy to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Blackadder11

Great idea to ask them to remove the housing. I would not have expected them to do so. Did they have a proper trim kit?

A very narrow nose small cutting pliers is recommended to cut the tape but with great caution, of course. With the housing fully removed, you should be able to get a good enough angle with plenty of light.

Happy to hear if there is a better tool. The housing snaps back on easily enough but get everything sorted on camera alignment first of course. Please let us know if you had to downgrade before the dashcam was recognised. No worries if you don't have time for all that, I hope to do the same soon if delivery ensues next week.

Thanks for updating the group as a first-mover 👋

Post edited by Blackadder11 on

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭finno

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭finno

you should get 2gb so I don't think yours is registered yet

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

• Registered Users Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭MarkN

Lovely colour! And for once it’s not pi55ing rain collecting a new car. Enjoy!

They already had it off before I got there so don't know what tool they used. It took a little manoeuvring to get back on, but it only took a minute or two.

I just used a blade to cut the tape, I was careful though.

The dash cam just worked, put in an SD card and did the reset (hold the volume wheel on the centre console until the car turns off), and then it prompts you to restart. That was it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,062 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

"Not any more. Same for VW. They have such a loyal following here in Ireland, it’s astonishing."

Agreed. Such an overrated brand. There are far better cars out there than VW. Take the Golf for instance. Why anyone would by a Golf is beyond me when the Skoda Octavia does everything better and sometimes for less than the equivalent Golf too.

A Peugeot 308 is a nicer and better car than a Golf too and has Been since the first 308 came out.

Maybe it's looks. You by a VW if you want to be anonymous and have no one look at you I suppose. That's the only reason I could see for someone to buy one.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 jazzyt

Did you get the camera on Ali express? Could you share a link as there’s a few different vendors🙏

My seal will be a few weeks away so I can order the camera now and should be here by the time I get the car.

I ordered Atlantis grey too with blue interior so hopefully there’s enough stock in the current shipment as there’s a dozen people ahead of me with this configuration.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭John arse

Yeah, I got it from Aliexpress alright, here's a link https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006141266246.html?spm=a2g0o.order_detail.order_detail_item.3.5ec2f19c13zH9O

I ordered on Nov 15th and it arrived on Dec 5th, so not overly long shipping really.

I hadn't seen the Atlantis grey in person until today myself, but I'm very happy with the colour, actually looks better than the in photos imo.

I wasn't paying attention when I took that and actually thought it said 40GB rather than 40MB, I was wondering why I had so much data available, that's what I get for trying to multitask while watching football haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Mur_7

Hi all,

Just wanted to ask 2 things

1) Does the BYD seal have ambient Lightning?

2) Is the low speed sound very loud and irritating? Are we able to disable it through any of the options?

Thanks.Its out of stock now on that link. But I’ll just get it from another seller with good sales and feedback.

Byd north had an Atlantis one in the basement so they brought me down to see it. Really helped make my mind up. But they look great in all colours tbh so you can’t really go wrong. They had the green there too but I wasn’t that brave being an aul lad😬

• Advertisement

I wouldn't be the most knowledgeable about driving cars, only been driving 4 years and this is only my 2nd car, but I'll just put a few thoughts after the drive home and a little bit around locally.

I left the traffic sign recognition on but turned all the options off on the drive home and it didn't beep at me at all, even when I was doing more than the limit on the motorway. It did turn back on when I stopped and while I did get some beeping it wasn't too bad and wasn't persistent, I kept over the limit on purpose to test it. It is a very easy car to over the limit in without noticing, I did a third drive around the ring road with the sign recognition off completely and kept having to slow down because I didn't realise how fast I was going, that is probably because I'm not used to anything with that much power.

I didn't have any issues with the lane keep assist, I set it to beep only and I think I got a beep a couple of times when I was on roads with no markings, I even changed lanes on the motorway without indicating(there were no other cars anywhere near me so it wasn't unsafe). This was something I was actually worried about because some reviews say it's very aggressive, but it didn't try to turn me back into my lane at all.

I would like if there was a bit more adjustment in the regenerative braking, I'd like to have something between the two settings, I've never used it before and the high feels a bit too much for me but the lower setting feels like there's none at all. I guess that's just something that I'll need to adjust too.

I used the voice assistant a good bit and it worked well, I had to repeat myself a couple of times but other than that it recognised what I said, even when I had music on.

The indicator stalks are on the right, I'm already pretty used to it so it's not a huge deal for me, just something you need to remind people if you're letting anyone have a drive in it.

It does have ambient lighting and it can be adjusted, haven't messed about with it yet myself though.

I don't find the pedestrian warning noise to be annoying, I specifically listened for it today and it was very low, even with the radio off. I didn't check to see if you can turn it off, I'll check later when I'm in it again but I wouldn't be turning it off myself anyway.

Sorry, I didn't even notice it was out of stock.

When did you see it? Could have actually been mine you saw. I actually like green myself but don't think it's worth paying extra for. I saw someone who must have picked there's up this morning when I was driving up, it was the light grey colour and it did look nice but I do prefer darker coloured exteriors myself.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Registered Users Posts: 20 irish  don

Hi picked my car up this morning ice blue with blue interior it has a good choice of ambient colours, lane assist I put on vibration mode stops you from hearing beeps much better

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭allinthehead

How dare you post that without pictures 🚗🚘😅

☀️

• Registered Users Posts: 20 irish  don

Sorry long day will post some photos tomorrow anybody got any advice on putting a ceramic coating on car

• Registered Users Posts: 33,936 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Thinking this myself. Was a dab hand at detailing my cars have various DA polishes etc but never put ceramic coating on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭rdhma

A big liftback does create a large unbraced area which can make a car a bit less rigid.

It does also weigh a fair bit, this can be seen when comparing weights of cars available as both a saloon and hatch.

Definitely losing out on practicality in a saloon though.

Advertisement