Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Zero interest in my car

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Oops!

Gauging the price of a car against whats on donedeal these days is a waste of time, people looking for stupid money for stuff and everybody else thinking then that theirs must be worth the same!

Just for context i bought a 12 Fluence diesel on donedeal 2 years ago with similar KMS on the clock, 2 owners from new and a glove box full of paperwork from new up to the date of sale. 2,200 euros's. Exactly what it was worth, country is full of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭Glen Immal

Had Looked at add. and put a worth of between 1500 and 2000 max on that car. if OP not willing to accept that, then best thing is to hang onto it...look after it well...and get 5000 worth of service from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46 pooley124

Simple patience is all that's needed. You have another car so let that one sit and the right buyer will come along. Don't get into a panic and end up selling it to some low baller chancer.

It's just a bad time of year for selling. I put a c-max on DD a few years ago just before Xmas . I had zero calls until the last week in January, then had 3 calls in one week.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Danny Drier

Probably €1,200 if you’re lucky. Maybe advertise for €1,500 then drop to €1,200 when a purchaser offers €1k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭sonyvision

1,200 is way to low. Its whatever the market will pay but personally I sold a 2010 megane in the summer for 2,000euro. 225k on the clock and first person viewed bought it. It was poverty spec, no alloys, broken AC rad. All fully disclosed but it had full service history.

January is a tough time for selling used cars especially 12 years old private. Leave it a few weeks, refresh the add and drop 500 euro end of the month if there is no interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,480 ✭✭✭✭road_high

It’s worth way more than €1200.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Has anyone suggested Carzone instead on Donedeal....?

Do cars over quicker on Carzone, and people trust it more for cars?

Just like you're probably not going to advertise in Adverts, unless you are willing to accept an offer of a pair of hiking boots as a trade!!😃

Your selling a car with your target market are people looking for a reliable cheap car. Most people on monthly salaries were paid mid December and need to wait till the end of January for their next pay day. Most people are skint after December and buying a car is probably last thing on there mind (unless they are purchasing a new 241 plate then they are buzzing)

As my previous comment, leave it up there till end of the month and drop 500 euro if your not called.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭Luna84

I don't even look at carzone but I look at DoneDeal at least once a day for a nose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭chicorytip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭User1998

No car is worth putting on Adverts. Full of time wasters.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,927 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

You might get a hit putting it on Adverts, but you'll have to wade through the likes of people offering to swap it for a used Playstation 3 and cash their way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Buffman

At least on Adverts you can see a persons feedback and previous comments/offers unlike DD, that's normally more than enough to tell you the sincerity of someones offer within 30 seconds. The same twits offering swaps and messaging waffle will still just message on DD also.

Also, at a fraction of the cost of DD it's far better value.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles or cartons to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 903 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

Silly comment, with the troubles the OP is having, advertising it in as many places as possible wont hurt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Tempted to buy this influenza just to end this thread….

This is water. Inspiring speech by David Foster Wallace https://youtu.be/DCbGM4mqEVw?si=GS5uDvegp6Er1EOG

• Advertisement

Oh, you might be surprised. I have sold cars myself using it over the years. I think the ratio of messers to genuine punters is far less than on Facebook Marketplace.

They aren’t having any troubles, they only posted the car a week ago and are just being impatient and unreasonable😂

They don’t even need a quick sale, they’ve been given a new car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

On the subject of selling older cheaper cars, I've to sell a 2009 Micra for my mother. It's running grand and in good condition as far as I know. Basic as they come so very little to go wrong.

7 for sale, all between 3000 and 4000 and one low mileage for 6000.

I'll check mileage but it's lower than them all except for the 6000 one but it wouldn't be that much higher.

I'm amazed at these asking prices....what do people think to ask for it? 15 year old Micra I would have thought is a 500 to 1000 max kind of car but no asking prices below 3k.

Are they all dreamers?

No not dreamers at all. Its definitely worth about €3k or so. You can’t really get cars with NCT for less than €1k these days. A 1999 Micra yes but certainly not a 2009

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭pgj2015

It will suit someone, don't panic, if you think its worth 3,800 then stick to that price, cars are crazy expensive now and it is hard to find good cars in Ireland as most people dont look after them.

someone told me her friend paid 4,000 euro for a 2004 Audi lately.

I was selling a car a few years ago (2017), a 2002 1.6 petrol ford focus, great car, very reliable, I had it advertised for 850 euro, It was worth more but the people who wanted it were earls 20s and the couldn't get insured on it as it was a 1.6.

it was at the end of my road for a good 6 months, then one day some guy came up and asked about it, it was for his daughter, she came to see it, loved it, the dad and herself took it for a drive, then the dad tried to run it down and say its been for sale for a long time, he offered 800 but wouldn't come up to 850, I wouldn't accept his offer.

less than a week later a guy saw it on done deal and made his way to me from a couple of hours away, he had owned a focus before and loved them, he paid the 850 no questions asked.

• Advertisement

And it’s still worth about €850 7 years later😂

Fair enough so, I'll put it up for a decent price so. Its in the way in her house but I can bring it to mine and sell it from there. No rush to sell, its not exactly dropping in value at this stage. I'll check mileage and NCT expiry this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭pgj2015

You could put it in the bangernomics thread at 3500 and see if a boardsie wants it. I think you’ll get 3500 or so at end of the month.

Funny enough there's a bit better value in 2010 and 2011 plates. All much of a muchness really though I suppose buy on condition at this age.

On the upside it's booked in for nct on 17th Jan (which I just booked now, so it's possible to get NCT dates contrary to belief, she didn't realise it was expiring) so if it passes it will be up for sale with a brand new fresh NCT.

I still don't think it's anywhere near a 3k car though. 6 months tax on it though and if tyres are good then maybe 🤔

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭turbodiesel

On facebook I always have a look at the person's other items for sale on the profile, and a quick nosey at their friends and posts to get a rough idea of what they are like. If I see a fair few Wards and O'Connors and "JohnnylovesMary" as an account or people with interests in shire horses and recovery trucks then I'll ignore the initial advert. I've had my fingers burnt before.....lesson learnt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭turbodiesel

Any platform that has free ads is gonna have messers.....

I’d advertise for €3k and accept the nearest offer. It should fly out at that price with a new NCT.

It's not free to advertise there any longer since Done Deal bought the website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Fluence is sold anyway

• Advertisement

Advertisement