Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cherry Lane Phase 1 by Quintain in Cherrywood

Options
  • 09-05-2022 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Looking for folks who have put a booking deposit down for a Phase 1 home in Cherry Lane (by Quintain). We've been waiting on contracts since Nov 2021 and have been repeatedly told by Sherry Fitz that "they're almost ready".

Is anyone else in the same spot? We haven't found a way of soliciting a response from Quintain so hoping to hear from others.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Is that one of the ones that the council are buying up now?

They might be waiting to see how many the council take.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 GraceMarcin

Yes, we are in the same position. Booked in November 2021 and still no visibility of contract, even after repeated follow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 GraceMarcin

Yes, we are in the same spot. Been following since March 2022 with being repeatedly told its almost ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 EamonnW09

Did you guys get yours? Anyone considering pulling out?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 DiscoReaper

Just as a note of warning to anyone interested in buying from

Just as a heads-up to anyone buying from Quintain, we have had several post purchase issues, and their "aftercare" has been horrendous!

Every issue we have raised has been dismissed, the have tried to tell us we are out of warranty and we haven't even been in the house 12 months yet.

If you enjoy a nice garden, make sure you insist on good soil in the garden as our gardens had sub-soil instead of topsoil, the tried to make excuses in their homeowner handbook, but reality is the soil was of poor quality, the refuse to replace it and we're left with yellow patchy grass because of cost skimping by them

in summary ... be wary of Quintain, they are genuinely the worst developers I've ever had the misfortune of dealing with, selling a sub-standard product for premium prices and then shirking off warranty issues at every chance, one neighbour even had an electrical fire caused by loose connection in a house 15month old ..... and you've guessed it ... " out of warranty, and due to wear n tear " these people need jail!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Niveus Tauri

Hi @DiscoReaper , thanks for the heads up. Im waiting to sign a contract for one of the houses on cherry lane . But couldn't see any finished ones there and was told that phase 1 will be complete in Q1 2024 .

You said you live there for a year and neighbour is there for 15 months ?

Also from one of the notes above "Is that one of the ones that the council are buying up now?"

can someone please share some light on this please ?

Post edited by Niveus Tauri on

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Mimonew

Hi, I would like to follow up on this.

Does any one manage to move-in in their purchase?

I am looking at this development but am very worried as I see no completion so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 tingtingjung

Hi there,

Perhaps you can write down your issues? It would help people who signed the contract and waiting for a snag/final transfer so they can address those issues before they get the house and nothing can be done.

Cherry Lane Phase1 will be ready to move in in Q1 next year . This is what theirs solicitors confirmed .

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ARJn

Wow Mortgage rates will get Bonkers and probabaly at peak by then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 pratsprats

Hi People!! I have booked a house in this development for phase 2 and they have quoted 2024Q2 as the move in date. Has anyone here signed a contract with them yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pratsprats

Is this experience for CherryLane or Quintain in general? As far as I know, no one has moved in to CherryLane yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Mimonew

@tingtingjung

To share the experience.

I did the viewing last week. My budget would only stretch for 2-bed house. Upon viewing I decided not to go for it. Overall, I like the room sizes (2x), the bathrooms, the kitchen, and the garden. My only issue was the living room and how they designed it. The space is very weird as if it's a hallway or entrance or a living room.

I instead thinking to buy at Mercer Vale, just across the road by Cairn.

This is a Quintain in General observation

we’ve formed a residents group now over several phases of construction they did in our area, and the issues coming to light are UNBELIEVABLE

our latest experience is the attic water tank developing a leak ( before 12months ownership was up) , leaking down through the ceiling and damaging solid wood floors

we were told “your out of warranty period” and that was it….communication was cut :O

so a group of us are now resorting to a group legal action…. Quintain are a toxic bunch only in it for the money, any semblance of customer support/good will/service disappears the moment you hand over your cash

also beware of the stunt with appliances…a big hurrah about getting your deposit paid quickly for the induction hob upgrade, then a mail a few days before snagging inspection to inform you that the appliances in the show house are unavailable due to supply chain issues, and they’re offering , in our case Electrolux ….these were a significantly cheaper appliance than the original spec and we were told lump it or like it

if anyone is looking for a Snagger I can recommend a good independent guy too

We didn’t buy in Cherrywood, we bought in one of their developments in Lucan, I’m posting to highlight their complete lack of customer care and lack of quality

I can recommend a good Snagger

he highlighted a lot of the issues we had/have

but Quintain do pick n choose what they are willing to address on his list, and it’s up to the buyer to then fight the defects

in our case unfortunately we HAD to accept the house as mortgage approval was about to expire to delays on construction completion and we wouldn’t have gotten reapproved. :(

Your Snagger is your best friend for this, ours was brilliant, but Quintain resisted on a lot of his recommendations

• Registered Users Posts: 1 carolineib

Hello,

Is there anyone from Phase 1 here got contacted ?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭ManUnited123

Yes, me! We had our snagging done recently. Are you also in cherrylane phase 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pilot1087

Hi,

I see the next phase is going live soon. Just wondering does anyone have more updates on life in Cherry Lane? Strongly considering trying to get a house in the development after so long on the property market (first time buyers) but just wondering how have things been with the snagging/builders and the issues mentioned above regarding the appliances.

Also, in terms of the area itself. How far is it in reality to so things such as get to the shops or a pub/restaurant? Simple questions I know but have an influence in the decision making.

Thanks for the help

• Advertisement

There’s 3 village centers being built and one mall as well. We did the snagging last week and there were a number of small issues but nothing significant, mostly cosmetic stuff. Water connection was still not there at the time of the snag however appliances are attached (all are from NEFF) and included hob, dishwasher, fridge, oven & wine cooler

there’s probably not alot of pubs nearby though but looks like in a few years there would be good few shops in the village/mall. Plus very good proximity to the Luas

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

There’s a Tesco express beside the LUAS.

Tesco in Ballybrack is less than 5 minutes drive

Dunnes Ballyogan is a short LUAS, Dunnes cornelscourt is a very short drive.

Lidl shankill is a short drive

The horse and hound pub in the closest. A 3km walk , for followed by the Igo in Ballybrack and Brady’s in Shankill

Thanks for the replies, very helpful. We were out there yesterday just for a walk around the area. Trying to picture what’ll be like when everything is built. Hard to know how it will look when the village centre etc is completed. Is there anywhere to see a model or image of what the proposed completed development will look like?

The next phase goes live in the morning, just trying to get the full picture (and decide how early to be there before the sales office opens)

i don’t think there’s a model for the village centre but you can view the brochure here (https://quintain.ie/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/Cherry_Lane_Brochure_web_04.23.pdf). Page 10 mentions the village centres.

In terms of the mall, in told it’s made by another developer (hines) so it’s not mentioned in the brochure but i think it’s being built near the cherrywood luas stop (basically on the first aftet exit 16 from m50). Heres the link to the website from hines (https://www.hines.com/properties/cherrywood-town-centre-dublin). Not sure when they will complete this but looks like construction is underway

• Registered Users Posts: 26 tribbiani

Hi, just wanted to know if you went to the launch and how was the experience. I'm considering buying in the next launch. Also, does anyone know what were the prices for the Bluebell type 1 3-bed houses?

Hi, we did go to the launch. The experience was fine, a lot of potential buyers there on the day but the agents got to speak to everyone. I would advise to be there early to avoid queuing too long but it all seemed quite reasonable in terms of waiting times for people arriving a bit later.

We didn’t buy in the end as a house came up elsewhere that we have gone sale agreed on.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 tribbiani

Sounds good. Did they share a price list? And were all of these houses available to book as a part of the previous phase? I see some of the ones on Tully Drive are already sold but they have it in the site plan for the next phase so just wanted to see if I have options left within my budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ARJn

The sale of duplex are already finished, I guess the were sold even before viewing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭dubliniift

If you are buying with retail centre in mind please note

1. Already part of town centre was permitted to be converted into apartments

2 now they want to further give permission to convert most of planned town centre into apartments. There is a consultation online at council site. Imagine if that happens. It will impact market value plusbadd to congestion as roads are narrow.

3.roads are dirty and noise most part of day due to construction on castle street. Even at 7 am on Saturday on certain days.. Multiple complaints made to council. Nothing happens. It is all clean on day of viewing of course. It is 7ish and construction vehicles moving even now.

Advertisement