Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Allan Quartermain (film version) and other Indiana Jones ripoffs

Options
  • 28-12-2023 3:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭

As with most Christmases I have watched Indiana Jones .... in fact all 5 this year ... and thoroughly enjoy them ... especially the first 2 of course ... Raiders of the Lost Ark is definitely in my top 10 films of all time and Temple of Doom would be too ... perhaps the only franchise where I have 2 from it in the top 10 ... and Harrison Ford is represented 4 times with Blade Runner and The Empire Strikes Back too ...

Indiana Jones has become more important at Christmas to me anyway than Santa ... and is the antidote much needed (Temple of Doom reference!) to Mrs Brown's poison ... Christmas just is not complete without Indy for me ....

This leads me onto the next question ... the Indy imitators ... I remember this Allan Quartermain and the Lost City of Gold ... liked it years ago and then watched again and didn't ... made by dissident Russians' Golan Globus entity aka Cannon and it is surprising that they had Richard Chamberlain doing the Allan (Indy) character and not Chuck Norris !!! ... Would be interested in seeing it again ... Chamberlain is a good actor and more Harrison Ford than Chuck Norris ... but am aware these films are a poor man's Indy ...

I also recall Michael Douglas had a Jewel of the Nile thing going too ... it was again Indiana Jones in all but name .... I saw it on TV years ago but don't remember much about it ...

Am I just hankering for some more Indy or should I watch these again ?? ...

Comments

Advertisement