Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,614 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Except of course that Israel are the Russia of this one SeanW. You can bold face lie and bluster in denial all you want. Facts and logic are always going to beat you

Btu do come back to us if this secret reason is ever unclassified.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Hey boy

Donald

Give it up. The “brown” thing is getting silly now. I’m not tit tatting over it anymore in case I get a warning from the mods but at least have the good grace to admit that it was rubbish and wasn’t funny.

Even the anti-Israeli folk on your side don’t try to argue it.

All the best boyo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,826 ✭✭✭SeanW

Really? The evidence shows plainly that Israel is closer to Ukraine's position than Russia's, but I guess your perceptions of the races of the people involved colour your view of the matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,512 ✭✭✭volchitsa

I grew up in Northern Ireland and you can GTFO with your silly comparisons. We're not talking about running gunbattles with another army (which were vanishingly rare, if you're being honest) but about the targeting of civilians by firing rockets at towns. At no time did the IRA try to murder civilians just for being Protestant, or English. Literally NEVER.

• Advertisement

That's strange. You were trying to convince others to google for some clip of someone who was blown up.

Yet you wouldn't watch a 5 second clip embedded on the thread. But you are happy to dismiss it nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭dmcdona

I clearly recall my 12th birthday in Liverpool in the 70's. Got a pair of football boots. Parents took me to the restaurant in the Department Store for a birthday lunch. Was leaving said shop when all alarms went off and the entire store was evacuated. There was a fair bit of panic.

Realised said football boots were left in the restaurant. Didn't realise they were the cause of the evacuation. Got them back 2 days later - still in the box. Said box had a small hole cut in that was used to determine if it was a bomb.

The analogy made by the original poster is a good one. I lived through it. I certainly recall there being intense anger and many Brits calling for action against "Ireland".

Who is the invading force in Russia war on Ukraine?

Who is the invading force in Israel war on Palestinian kids?

Do you need me to give you a link showing you the "before" and "after" maps in both cases?

It definitely ain't funny for the ones being blown to bits for the entertainment of IDF soldiers (and it appears others too!)

I've seen all the maps. Ukraine is the victim in the Russo-Ukraine war. Russia is the aggressor, and they've made it clear theirs is a fight to the death, the first of many that they intend to start.

Regarding Israel, various groups have been trying to wipe them out constantly since 1947. No two-state solution, they want the Jews dead. The genocidal chant "From the River to the Sea" makes it clear. Like Ukraine, Israelis fight for their existence or they will be annihilated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,554 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Yeah, planting bombs in packed pubs on a Thursday night is a GREAT way to avoid civilian deaths 🙄

It's always someone else's fault when innocent civilians get killed, never the murderers.

And yet we can see all these countries and groups that clearly want as many Russians dead as possible. Billions and billions worth of arms and military support being handed over to the enemy of Russia. And economic sanctions being put on their to cripple their economy.

But again, the mirror of the conditions don't count when it comes to Israel. Some imagined and claimed threat from surrounding countries speaks louder than actual billions of military hardware being launched at it or it's forces. A few lads with AK-47s and addidas tracksuits making a TikTok because Israelis killed their grandparents is the real threat.

Israel is Russia. Russia is Israel. I condemn both. You cannot condemn on the conditions of an incident - your condemnation is conditional on knowing who committed it. If Russia did it - they are very bold boys. If Israel did it - "hey, look over there. Whaddabout something else"

The conflict over Northern Ireland was never a fight to the death - nothing was at stake beyond the status of Northern Ireland. There was always going to be an Ireland and UK. And the IRA were never in government anywhere in Ireland. Furthermore, the IRA never raped and butchered English women in any way like what Gazans did to Israelis on the 7th of October.

Donald, Donald, Donald,

Don’t be getting all defensive.

The border police woman who was killed was not white. Proof your “brown” v white stuff was rubbish. Her photograph was available. I never mentioned a video.

Sorry for not wanting to watch a video of a woman being shot. I didn’t watch the Hamas videos from Oct 7th either. Further, I didn’t “dismiss it”, I condemned it.

Maybe stop jumping to conclusions next time.

Best Regards.

Your side brought up the Russo Ukraine war. Not me. And I'm happy the Ukraine is getting what it needs to kill as many Russians as possible (it's not enough IMHO), and I hope the Russian economy collapses and their country broken into dozens of pieces. Peace with Russians will only happen the way it happened with the Nazis - once they've been utterly annihilated.

Israel likewise fights for its existence. Someone or another has been trying to wipe them out non-stop since 1947 - except the Western Left is on the side of the terrorists, and repeat their demonic genocidal chants. Why?

You don't see the hypocrisy though? Completely opposite standards and logic applied to the two?

If someone posted on here, hoping for the destruction of the invading belligerent of Israel in the same way you hope for the destruction of the invading belligerent of Russia, you'd go mental.

No, my standards are the same. I want Ukraine to continue existing, and I want Israel to continue existing. If that means both have to annihilate their enemies, so be it.

And yes, the Western Left calls for the total destruction of Israel constantly. That's why the chant "From the River to the Sea" because they want a Palestine instead of an Israel.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Most Israeli jews are "brown" and indistinguishable from their Arab neighbours. This is because they all share middle eastern ancestry. despite what people like to claim about israelis being white European "colonisers", it's just not the case for the majority

"A bullet found its way into the van and killed a 3 or 4-year-old young lady."

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

It's still not a fight to the death. Russia won't use Nuclear weapons as they know it's a dead end for them . Putin will be forced to the table eventually. You can have lofty notions about Ukraine winning and not negotiating a settlement, but real politik will kick in Washington at some stage if there is no hope of either side winning. Its not morally right, but unfortunately geo politics has little time for moral niceties

Your attempt to equate the Russians with the likes of hamas is flawed. Hamas and Hezbollah are not an existential threat to Israel. Russia at one stage certainly was a threat to the functioning of the Ukraine state, but they are not in a position to over throw the Ukranian government much less marching on other countries. This war has shown the Russian military is no match for the west's. Putin might be a lot of things, but he is not mad he will never march on a NATO country. Any suggestion that he will is nonsense

• Advertisement

Is it 'coz I is black?

Israeli Ambassador to Ireland

Israeli Ambassador to UK

Israeli Ambassador to France (Seems she was until 2022 but can't find a more recent one)

Israeli Ambassador to Spain

Israeli Ambassador to Portugal

Do I need to keep going?

Is that how Sacha Baron Cohen came up with the Ali-g character?

I can't speak for anyone who was in NI. I lived in England in the sixties through to the early nineties, moved to ROI for 2 years, moved to Scotland for 2 years then back to ROI permanently (bar a 6month stint in Israel with a few years on monthly travels to Israel).

You said:

"Because Israel is constantly under attack from Lebanon and is defending itself."

The poster replied

"England was constantly under attack from Ireland, you would have been fine with Dublin, Cork, Galway etc getting bombed to the stone age?"

The analogy and the question are valid. Whether England was under actual real constant attack is not relevant. The public mood was one of fear - I recall all the posters on the London Underground, the Public Information campaigns about "suspicious packages". Then there would be a bombing somewhere - London, Warrington - the fear would ratchet up a notch or two. If there were kids involved, four or five notches. The fear was very real.

In my opinion, the analogy is good because I do recall my parents and adult relatives calling for action to be taken against "Ireland". In those times, I don't believe they were talking about "negotiations" - more like direct action. The Falkand's war was in 1982 - there were parallels drawn by the common people between that and what the "Brits" should do to "Ireland".

Of course, as previously mentioned, when I came to live in ROI I learned the history. Not that the Brits were particularly lying to the population about the "troubles" - more that all I saw on TV in England was blokes in balaclavas (bad guys) and blokes in Pigs (good guys) getting petrol bombed etc. And only the educated (and the politicians) knew the distinction between the Irish and the IRA. Balaclava bad (Irish), Pig good (British).

And some Brits still think that.

So, do you care to answer the question the poster posed to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Outside of some extremists that is pure nonsense and you know it. I suppose Israeli Human rights groups and the likes of Haaretz secretly feel the same way.

It also seems to suit you to conflate all criticism of Israel as coming from the left. Is it because of your own political views that you don't want to acknowledge that there are quite a few on the right who are critical of Israel too?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Some pictures of various ambassadors doesn't change the fact that the biggest group of Jews in Israel are mizrahi, who historically come from north Africa and the Middle East

There are plenty of pale skinned, light haired Palestinians also. For example

It doesn't mean anything. Why are you obsessed with skin colour?

Tell that to Colin Parry - father of Tim Parry (12). Or the parents of three-year-old Johnathan Ball.

No-one cared one iota if the IRA were in Government or not. No-one cared one iota if anyone BRITISH woman got raped or butchered (yes, there were Scottish and Welsh people living in Warrington). A 12 year old and a three year old were killed that day. That is all that mattered.

Yet, just like your staunch support of Israel, you seem to nonchalantly brush off any notion of humanity by starting to talk utter bollox like "The IRA were never in Government".

Your colours are clearly nailed to the mast. I would strongly advise that if you ever go to the UK, you never repeat your words above.

Because he doesn’t have the good grace to concede that his point is complete and utter rubbish and that no matter how often he says it it’s still nonsense.

Post edited by Hey boy on

30,000 innocent civilians dead (assuming those 'missing' are actually dead).

22,000 innocent women and children are dead.

These numbers do not include those already dead whom the Israelis dug up or bulldozed and desecrated their graves.

Oh Putler is absolutely making long term plans. Firstly, they're preparing Russian children for generations of war. They're also plotting to gain allies in the West, which is also working as Victor Orban is basically on his side in Hungary and the US with the GOP is starting to buckle in their support for Ukraine. In particular, Matt Gaetz and Marjorie Taylor Greene (or as I call them Matt Putz and Marjorie Traitor Greene) basically wants to hand the whole thing over to Putler. If the US goes full-on isolationist, and/or if NATO is weakened by other events, then the Putler Jugend might just be up for the fight.

And there will be no end with a "negotiated settlement" as Putler has already broken a number of agreements. Two with Ukraine (the 1994 Budapest Memorandum and the 2014 Minsk Agreement) and another with Chechnya (then an independent country which Russia made "peace" with and recognised in the 1990s).

Any "negotiated settlement" between Ukraine and Russia would be nothing more than a ploy to give Russia time to re-arm and try again in 5-10 years when the West is distracted with something else. It would work no better than the Munich Agreement of 1938, because the word of a dictator is worth less than nothing. The only way to end this is to either cause Russia to collapse with sanctions, or to for Ukraine to put enough Russians into body bags. Or for Ukraine to surrender.

Israel is in the same predicament. Their enemies won't stop plotting and scheming against them and it's very unlikely that there is a peaceful solution. Therefore, both Ukraine and Israel have to use force.

So, you're good with Israeli genocide.

The irony is palpable.

• Advertisement

Advertisement