Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

You give every semblance of thinking that Meghan is the devil incarnate. You have probably never met, met anyone who has met her and are going on the word of a load of haters on the internet, fueled by the British gutter press with non-stop speculation that they throw out there.

Most of the British press is in the gutter, so that is what I will refer them as.

You cannot make a diagnosis of narcissism that you are making from reading up a few books and ignoring everything that does not suit the British bruised ego that Prince Harry left them for an American divorcee.

Prior to her joining the RF, everyone she has known and worked with have nothing to say about her except good. Do you not think you should maybe think your opinion is influenced by the British gutter press.

William isn't the catch you think he is. What a horrible life (dictated by protocol), with no privacy and having to bribe the press to leave him and his family alone. You seriously think Meghan would have wanted that life? And there certainly was never any chance that William would be allowed marry an actress, let alone a biracial woman. Meghan isn't stupid. And in fact, long before Meghan met Harry, in one of those choose quiz games (such as New York or San Fransanciso) she was asked ''William or Harry'', she actually said Harry, so I think you can drop that theory that she would have preferred William.

Its quite a normal thing (outside of British royalty) to be treated as an equal. You think there is something wrong with thinking/wanting that?

Most normal people wouldn't want people to cursey/bow to them. Would you be comfortable with someone bowing/curtesying to you?

Anyone with a bit of common sense know that its an awful life. Just as a matter of interest - how many girlfrinds did William have. Much of the commentary was of ''Waity katie'' hanging on for him and seem to have been his only real girlfriend. At least Harry had a few girlfriends before he got married! And while you mention various names connected to Harry, Chelsey Davy is sueing the Mirror for hacking her phone.

Remind me again - what has Charles, William (and Royal family) done to earn the affection and respect of the British people? Be friends with pedophiles? Not pay tax? Gets paid? Have affairs, gets divorced? I could go on!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

So in short....we all know nothing about some people we've never met but you know everything about some people you've never met.

The reason they left England was because of the racist and misoginistic attacks by the British press on Meghan and the threats to Harry and Archie's safety (white supremacists have since been jailed). They just did not want to live in the UK and put up with that vile treatment.

Bearing in mind that their Netflix docuseries was a hit, Harry's memoir was a hit, I just don't get why you consider them to be grifters. They are doing real work. A grifter is somone who gets money dishonestly by tricking people. Who did they trick?

Meghan, while she was in the UK - did actually do a lot of work (there were complaints that she was sending emails at 6am by her staff. That doesn't sound like someone who is afraid of hard work. And from what I recall, she went each week to the Grenfell Kitchen, helped put a cookery book together, did a couple of tours of the Commonwealth (where they were extremely popular) and while pregnant at the time.

They maybe a lot of things, but lazy and afraid of hard work - just no.

Kate did nothing outside of having babies, living in Wales for about the first 10 years of her marriage. Its only in the last 4 years (since Meghan came on the scene) that she has had to get the finger out. No PA has lasted longer than 2 years in the last 6 years and sometimes she hasn't even had one. Can you explain why the very large turnover of staff?

They were able to go to those events because no one knew they were going to be there. They obviously don't go to events that they might be expected to be at in the US or UK such as Coronation or Golden Globes. Difficult for them. They can thank the British gutter press for stirring up all that racist hate and Harry's family for doing nothing about it and litterly feeding them to the wolves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,021 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

It's just amazing that there's no security at royal events like a coronation. Or even at an awards ceremony when many celebrities have had stalkers.

Oh, wait ... 🙄🙄

Charles slimming down of the monarchy seems to be a bit of a problem now. Charles didn't realise that he was slimming down the monarchy by only have two children. His mother had 4. Now all he has is one son and William's children won't be of much use for another 10-15 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

He was considering it while having only two sons. So having only one working royal son was always an option...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,266 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Do you honestly think Harry and Meghan need more security than Taylor Swift, who was adequately protected at the golden globes and didn't make a fuss about it either? Meghan seems able to walk through carparks unaccosted by randomers, but the invitation only golden globes where the most powerful people in Hollywood are kept safe isn't good enough? Sure, Jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭Be right back

Anyone think that she would have gone on her own to present and not as a group? Her former cast mates might not have her number but if the globes' organisers wanted her there, they would have gotten her but on her terms only?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Karppi

Catherine’s birthday tomorrow. I wonder how it will be marked. Or maybe I should ask, how it will be markled.

Yes. I think Harry needs more protection anyway, bearing in mind who Harry's father is and the fact that he has served in Afghanistan. I don't think Taylor Swift has attracted the ire of white supremacists, the Taliban/Isis and disgruntled survivors of the British Empire/British Foreign Policy which Harry would be a target of.

No. She has been avoiding all such outings/parties since she has gone back to the US. She does not go where she might expect to find British press.

I'm making the point that he does not seem to have thought it true properly. His mother had about 10 cousins doing stuff/being patrons of organisations. Charles has Anne (mid-70s) doing about 450 events a year. Who is going to do that when she is not able to? Catherine (who is doing about 40 a year now).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

Sunshine Sachs do the PR for the Golden Globes. Given that Meghan left their stable then I reckon any requests from her end would have been given short shrift.

You're acting like the Taliban and white supremacists would have access to the golden globes in the first place and only Harry's special extra super security can prevent that 😄 A Hollywood event like that is about as secure as it gets but ok, a Hertz car rental in a parking garage is far safer I'm sure

• Registered Users Posts: 23,614 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

The delusions of grandeur are beyond psychotic.

Taylor Swifts dog would require more security than Meggy.

So, the Golden Globes security is going to protect Harry on his way to and from the event - all the way to his home which is a couple of hours away?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,021 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Maybe a fleet of SUVs with blacked out windows is equipped with an impenetrable anti-Taliban, white supremacist and British press shield?

The simple fact is that Meghan is now Personna Non Grata in Hollywood as well. Oprah was there last night. Suits stars were there. Real celebrities of note - Taylor, for example, not to mention Emily Blunt (swoon). No cavalcades of black SUVs with blacked out windows. No “near catastrophic” car chases. (Although she could endlessly drive the LA freeways, like Maria Wyeth in Joan Didion’s “Plat It As It Lays”, cos there’s less traffic congestion) No “additional security measures”.

It is just fanciful that H&M require elite special forces protection at such an event. I guess Harry probably got used to SAS or Gurkha protection whilst “in country” during his military service, but in LA or NYC? Do me a favour!

• Advertisement

That would a “British gutter press” shield, I hope 😀

How is being on the receiving end of death threats from white supremicists delusions of grandeur, particularly in the gun happy US?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Have they been vocal on Gaza/Israel at all?

Remember all their campaigning for Covid vaccines?

I thought they'd come out very vocal over the Gaza conflict.

To thine own self be true

Oh, please. Let’s have him helicoptered out on Marine 1, why not

Isn't that what his personal security is for? Same as Taylor Swift, she has her own protection team at all times and I'm sure Meghan and Harry do too? They could have brought them to the event, if they were invited. To say that the golden globes wouldn't be safe when hundreds of celebs and their security are there, not to mention police officers and the venue security , is completely ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,876 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Not a hope of them doing that- - their brand is bland- standard homelessness and disability is as controversial as they’ll do- #bekind #hugs 🤪

You want them at the award or you don't. Which is it?

You obviousl;y thought wrong. There is a big difference between getting involved in raising funds for the provision of health services than in taking sides in a war.

They haven't said anything about Ukraine-Russia war either, but they have provided funding for food kitchens in Ukraine. They are probably doing something similar in Gaza.

The threat to Taylor Swift is being mobbed by fans. Is her father the head of State of a former imperial power? Has Taylor had death threats from white supremacists or the Taliban?

Why do you keep ignoring what the Met Police have said about their security? https://news.sky.com/story/prince-harry-and-meghan-faced-credible-threats-by-far-right-extremists-says-met-polices-ex-counterterror-chief-neil-basu-12758496

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,614 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

You do realise America isn't in Britain right?

Advertisement