Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.Buzz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

I have the Tech model but when I activate reverse I don't get a camera, just the spatial sensors. Is there something I need to do to activate the rear camera? Or maybe there isn't one 🤷🏻

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭creedp

I was talking to a dealer who said no cameras suplied on the Buzz. To do with the Ukraine war and supply chain problems. He wasnt sure if this will be resolved for future models given that supply chains are recovering

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Have a look near the handle on the tailgate, it’ll be obvious if you have on or not. I’d suggest a retrofit if not as it’s a big bus not to have one. ICE in Ranelagh have a price of €1295 fitted on their website for a genuine camera but you may find a cheaper alternative. Ask your dealer as they usually have a local firm that do this type of work all the time.

Wow, that sucks! Definitely get it retrofitted, thanks!

• Advertisement

Any idea how to improve regenerative braking on the ID Buzz? The manual sucks, I'd like to max it out but maybe the default is as "regenerative" as it gets on the Eco mode

Edit: Scratch that, finally figured that what's the 'B' setting is

Post edited by darrenheaphy on

Has the ID. Buzz also had a price cut ? https://www.donedeal.ie/view/35645680

Volkswagen ID. Buzz 5 Seater Life 204HP 77kwh Bat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Ya I keep getting ads on Instagram for it advertising from €55,000.

What the dealer said yesterday was that due to something about VRT classification on the commercial version they haven't been able to sell it (something about weight threshold and stuff) and so they've been able to hold off getting new vans and more consumer versions coming in instead. They seemed to understand that the initial launch price was way too expensive. So I s'pose that and the fact that newer models coming in late '24 and stuff are bringing down prices. And stuff. Still can't believe it doesn't have a rearview camera!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭eltoastero

Absolutely hate that practice of including a €4k scrappage in the headline price of €52400, but good to see the prices coming down.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭eltoastero

An Post in Bray have a fully decked out Buzz as a delivery van, the green wrap really suits it, makes it look a lot smaller (somehow).

QQ for any Buzz owners - how on earth do you switch off Lane Keeping Assist? I know it can't be turned off by default but presumably, like the Kia, one can disable it upon startup. On the small country roads it's more of a hindrance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭GTE

It should be on the left cluster of buttons on the wheel. It is Travel Assist. As far as I remember, it remembers your last setting. It is only strong lane assist when you have Travel Assist on. I find it quite mild otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭n.d.os

Glad to hear it's come down in price closer to the ID4. I haven't seen a single customer car on the road yet. Just the odd dealer model running up and down the N11.

I wish companies would stopping blaming the Ukraine War for it's shortcomings. It's cost cutting and nothing more, even if it's the manufacturer refusing to make a part elsewhere for more money. Every premium car should have a rear camera. Most have a 360 camera as standard at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭forumdedum

I saw one on the road since release. I'd really love to know how many sold in Ireland. As for the Rear Camera I agree. A few years ago the ID4 didn't have rear camera on a few of the models. A joke.

Without sounding you know.... I said from the very beginning this car wouldn't sell.

It will start to sell when the lwb 7 seat 95kWh version arrives. The current 5 seat version is very niche model. Commercial EV’s haven’t really taken off yet due to weight limitations and a lack of government incentives or tax breaks.

I read that somewhere and it was probably your post. Be interesting to see what happens to it now

A 7 seater buzz priced similarly to the current buzz would sell like hot cakes I reckon. That's not going to happen though and the 7 seater will probably start at like 75k. Way out of reach for most families looking at 7 seaters and the ones with 75k to spend will buy an Audi or Volvo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭creedp

So competing with that other non premium brand the Kia EV9

The Irish public likes SUVs and it's not really an SUV. It's a van, or a bus at a stretch. It's very niche. My wife actually likes it and would prefer one over her ID4 but when it comes up in conversation, others cant see the appeal of owning one. It's expensive but also quite like the Beetle in that back then people just bought a Golf and now people will just buy an ID4 or another brand of van with adequate commercial space inside. I think VW missed a trick and should have invested in the ID6 and released that in Europe.

Post edited by n.d.os on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,545 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

When is the 7 seater coming out does anyone know?

I think it can sell big in that space which is very limited now in optiosn

128 sold in 2023?

if I was to buy this at least one of my regular passengers can not climb into the passenger seat. The step up is too high. Is there a workaround?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Mr Q

Depends on what you were willing to spend. But plenty of bigger vehicles can have steps fitted that drop when you open the door.

Pretty certain I would need a step that drops when door opens. What kind of money?

Thank you.

Is there an app for the ID to remotely activate climate control? All I could find was a WeConnect app that requires a data plug connector and the My Volkswagen app which is super basic

The Volkswagen App allows you turn on the climate control. The features are very basic alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭mailforkev

I could be wrong but I'd say it's unlikely such a third party step exists, perhaps when the Buzz goes on sale in the US someone over there will make one. Either way, I'd forget about it as an option and look at another car.

Advertisement