Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,286 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

• Registered Users Posts: 17,255 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

When I'm at the the Bottle Bank and passers by shout "Good party was it? ha ha ha"

Yeah we had a Dolmio party and Oh a Kenco party ha ha ha

Just Fcuk off!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

You must be very young ;-)-

...from 1991

Edit> But I sort of get your point that it looks like they are holding it in.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

This must have been mentioned before? Bread crumbs on the butter and this morning I uncovered the heinous crime of butter wiped off around the top of the marmite jar.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,289 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

We all talk about how at a party there's always a fucker with a guitar (playing it badly mostly) but another one that grinds my gears is the person with the 'fancy camera' going around thinking there some famous photographer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,911 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Imagine all the judgement when we have to queue to use the new recycling facilities at supermarkets etc to get our deposits back? 😬😟😲

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

The Chase . Recently alot of the questions have been on strange things that I actually knew . So if I ever get on the show they won’t be asked again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

This protest in Ballinrobe really doesnt sit well with me at all. Barely disguising their racism and anti-men sentiments, these wagons stating "We wont have men next to our creche" as if they are local heroes saving the community from disaster. They are pretty much stating all foreign men are paedophiles. I wonder are they aware most child abuse happens in the family, perpetrated by people they call friends, neighbours and co workers. In addition, families who are now bound for their town could also bring a raft of problems with them, too.

This narrow minded focus on single men exposes their racist and ignorant biases and is not at all helpful to shine a light on the undeniably complex issue of accomodating refugees in Ireland. Demonising all men is a big step backwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,350 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

You'll be offering up the spare room I presume?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Lazy response which totally ignores the wider point about these people demonizing men by virtue of their gender alone, ignoring the ridiculousness of their stance when surrounded by Irish people who are actually guilty of the atrocities which they project onto foreign strangers.

You got a thanks on your post though, and you may get a few more. Go you!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Mod - This thread is for Trivial Annoyances.

Let's keep it that way.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,412 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Out to see Frankie Boyle in the Olympia. We were told very clearly on entrance that anyone that left their seat during the performance would not be allowed back to their seat. There were signs up inside as well. Not a rule I've seen before but that isn't the TA. about 30 minutes in someone got up to go to the bathroom. Waltzed right back to their seat without issue. That prompted another half dozen or so to do the same without repercussion. Then more and more as the show went on. What is the point of having a rule if you don't enforce it?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,289 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Bit extreme for a comedy gig

Same with the no phones allowed thing. If they want no phones then the artists management should invest in those Pouches. They work great

• Registered Users Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

People who peel off the little stickers on apples and stick them to things.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Or the sticker on bread to tie bag together.. In my house they insist on taking it off and sticking to windowsill or side of any container on the worktop .

Put it back on the package or in the bin !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Ordered a large hardback book from Amazon.

The book arrived today in a generic ultra thin brown paper Amazon envelope, no padding whatsoever, totally unsuitable for the delivery of such an item.

Completely defeats the purpose of buying a nice large hardback book, when it arrives with all the corners dented, warped and even the book jacket was torn in places due to the lack of protection.

70 euro book ruined, due to the dumbass who packed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Voluntary but realy mandatory office social events

Our top boss the Senior VP was sending us invitations for cake and I suppose there are soft drinks too. Was to be held after work

I declined and now I’m the awkward one?? Our team leader gives the impression I’m difficult. She told all the other staff to attend and they did.

Why must I attend? I am first in the office each day, I do my job, I take zero tea/coffee or cigarette breaks and I do not care about networking or promotion.

The company think this event is fun but many are there because they were ordered to.

Meh, I’m not 25 and eager to impress anymore, am too old for this nonsense

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Work events outside of working hours are work. They want you there? They should pay you overtime.

Team building crappology. 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I've mostly worked Flexi time, so if in the building I'll leave myself clocked in, same if it's in a venue very close to the office ....I'll slip back and clock out just before automatic clock out (which triggers a report 😂)

Depending on the event I'll probably not return as no one would really miss me anyway and my face was shown.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That I’m actually missing Tipping Point and Lingo . There’s 2 stupid, boring game shows on instead . Ricdiculous and Jeopardy . Boring as ****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Agree to go, pull a sickie on the day. Gutted you couldn't make it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Complain to Amazon. They are usually reasonable about sorting stuff out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Yes, getting more common with Amazon. Fragile items like BD box sets, LPs etc arriving bashed and dented. Whereas something like a pair of sports socks are double-boxed. Amazon US is worse - everything going abroad is shipped in a jiffy bag.

Generally if they're at fault (which they are in this case), you should get a prepaid return label from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭apache

The girls who work in the chemist and when you leave a prescription in take ages reading it like they're a Doctor. They should only be checking your name and address not reading your private prescription. Wrecks my head.

Also earlier a woman on a motorised mobility scooter who'd run you over. Have come across her a few times and she'd plough into you. What a dickhead. Thinks she owns the path. I didn't move out of her way today.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Yeah Amazon are pretty good in that respect but I will still have to find time to drag the book down to my local post office (I don't drive) and more then likely spend some time in a queue, which is annoying.

Agreed. That's a pain. The fact that a human thought it was acceptable to send something out in such flimsy packaging really annoys me. Someone said before that the packaging choice is automated but it's still packed by hand so you'd think somebody would say "Hold on, if it goes out like this then we're going to get complaints and returns"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,310 ✭✭✭✭blade1

A friend of mine is saying he is done with Amazon after getting several damaged vinyls.

This is one he got the other day

Most of the time the LPs are double boxed but sometimes you see crap like that.

My Manic Street Preachers' Everything Must Go box (containing vinyl, CDs and DVD) was shipped in just a shrinkwrap with my address printed on a sticker. Gouges and dents all over and the LP's inner sleeve had a massive seam split.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,412 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The people packing have a quota of orders to pack in a shift. They don't stop to question the packing decisions made elsewhere, they don't have the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I have to finally retire my antique Panasonic Sky box. It must be 20 years old. It's working fine but the BBC turned off their sd satellite transmissions the other day, while I don't watch a lot I still like to have it so a Freesat box on the way.

Seven Worlds will Collide

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement