Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer in the Civil Service 2023 Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭pygmaliondreams

Generally in the past it's been every couple years right? But there's a chance they do another considering the vacancies yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

I got it and applied, I don't mind shift work and sounds interesting, theres also the option of Monday to Friday shift work at 17.5% salary bonus if that may suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 wanderingaround

Hi! I applied too, although I don't think I've understood what it means the 17.5% salary bonus and all that. Would you be so kind as to explain it, please? Thanks a lot

From what I gather there is a Monday to Friday shift that you get an extra 17.5% on top of the starting CO salary which I believe is around €27,750 so should work out at around €32,606 a year.

Okay, it makes sense. Thanks a lot and best of luck!

• Advertisement

I'm not sure how the choice works but I'll probably ask for the Monday to Friday over the 24/7 at 25%, but I'd be happy with either.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 pip1414

I got assigned just before Christmas and HR provided me with a February start date. They said I would receive the contract and other paperwork in early January, but I haven’t received anything. I emailed today but there has been no response yet. I’m starting to get really worried as the start date is in less than a month now and need to make arrangements with my current employer, although they have assured me 3-4 times that they will issue the contract as soon as possible.

Yeah, same! I'd have to know how the shift work is in order to make a decision if I got to that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 iamwork

Hi I have been given courts services Dublin, I didnt get any location or start date yet does anyone have any information about the court is it in city central? Flexi time? WFH? What is the role? Please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Sweetpea90

I have an interview next week on a day that I'm working. Has anyone had any luck with rescheduling an interview date or am I better off trying to swap my shifts?

Hiya! Have you had any news from them? Nothing on my side so far but maybe it is because of the OOM, although it would be great to have any kind of info about how the process is going.

Nothing here, my OOM was quite high tbh so don't think I'll be hearing soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Johnny BGood

Hi lads, sent off my Garda Vetting last night, and got a response this afternoon saying that a disclosure has been made to the PAS. Surprisingly very quick or is that normal?

I initally scored in the 600's in the test last year, but given that I've interviewed and sent everything off all within 2 weeks, would I be close to an offer? I presume they have already gone through the 500 or so, so interested to know what the next steps are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 waynescales14

Sent mine off on 11th and disclosure was made on 12th. PAS didn't reply back until the 19th saying they'd looked at it and would be in touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭rachaelworld

Just as a matter of interest for anyone wondering, my partner has an OOM just above 650 in batch 6, and he recived an invitation to Interview on the 20th December, with an interview date of 10th January. He got notification that he had passed the interview on the morning of the 16th and then received an email asking him to fill out declarations and form for Garda vetting (to get the link, not the actual online vetting) only 2 days later on the 18th with a deadline to return of last Monday 22nd.

He returned the daclaration etc by close of business Monday and received the email yesterday lunchtime with the link for the Garda vetting online.

I was also in this campaign and received a very high OOM as I have done previous stints as a TCO and so went through interview back in September, and then it was 32 days between notification that I had passed Interview stage and receiving a Job offer but it took 10 days after notifcation that I had passed the interview for me to get the email with declaration etc so things have definitely speeded up it would seem. Hope this helps.

Post edited by rachaelworld on

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭rachaelworld

@Shar! Just in case you are still waiting, see my last post, my partner's OOM is just above 650

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭koifish

If it helps for any gaging where the open panel is at the mo - I'm in the 800s and just had my interview this week. You can always email CORecruitment @ publicjobs.ie for a current update.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 waynescales14

Just got assigned the same. Did they get in contact with you yet? Any info t thank s

Post edited by waynescales14 on

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Sweetpea90

Do references have to be given before being offered a position?

• Advertisement

I've been asked to provide a reference from my current employer. Obviously I haven't handed in my notice as of yet, so just wondering is the hiring process quick once I send the reference information over?

They accepted a letter of confirmation from my employer, see if that will be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ludusv

Today i had my interview for the position of portal inspector- clerical officer at the department of agriculture marine and food, dublin port.. i think everything was fine and the interviewer was very friendly. At the end, he said that i would get a response really soon.. one week maybe?

my oom was, i believe, at 890 something..

Hopefully you get it! I applied for it too but my oom is quite high, so unfortunately I don't think I'll have a chance this time to even get an interview

• Registered Users Posts: 18 lindy123

Thanks for your update. Can you tell me if this was in addition to the online interview? Or did you do an online interview? I’m wondering at what stage they told you where they were placing you? I had thought that once vetting, employer letter etc was sorted, then it was just a matter of waiting to be placed - and not another interview? Apologies for all the questions - but this is all new!

Anyone know how long after you've sent back the reference/statement of empolyment do you get assigned? Mine was sent late last week, finish up at current job at the end of month so hoping it's sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 lindy123

In the same boat - very keen to find out how long this next stage takes. The last few stages have moved fast enough - vetting, ID docs, employer statement - after a slow enough start since initial assessments. So would really appreciate any further info on the expected time frame. TIA :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ludusv

Hello, got an answer from the interview and i passed and they will my oom.. that means i have to wait until it reaches my oom number? For the moment will they send any clearance,/vetting to be filled?

they also have sent two others expression of interest for me: garda and NSSO Clonskeagh.. does anyone know if interfere to the first expression of interest i have signed up??

thanks

Congrats, my OOM was in the low 2000s so I don't hold out much hope of an interview 😅

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 eyeheartcapybara

just had an offer from the dept of agriculture. Anyone know if there are wfh options?

Advertisement