Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,983 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

At some stage SeanW, they should take a step back and think "I wonder if the reason all these people hate me is because of something I do rather than just arbitrary bad luck".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭dmcdona

Where is the accusation in the post that Israel was guilty of colonialism?

Or did you see the word "colony", the lightbulb went off and we get yet another post on metro- bloody- pole?

Hope not...

Its either simple preparations owing to an abundance of caution or it could be a bit of politicking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,862 ✭✭✭SeanW

Considering that they've been under attack constantly since 1947, I suspect that the problem is elsewhere.

It's always someone else's fault SeanW. Woe is me.

• Advertisement

If it does, I'm guessing many would say that Israel brought it upon itself.

Even the US said in October that the conflict would be a tactical success for Israel but a strategic failure. Israel making sure that history does repeat itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Hey boy

Lots of countries have paid aid to other countries in all sorts of circumstances which they were not responsible for. I think if a peaceful solution was possible there would be tremendous goodwill internationally.

SA, as a signatory to the convention, have a legal obligation to prevent genocide by reporting it to the ICJ.

If SA didn't do it, I'd imagine others would have. As I said before, possibly other countries supported them in the background - we may never know.

But in fairness, they were complying with their legal obligations - which Israel is also obligated to do.

I'd be pushing other countries to chip in before SA - I'd certainly rummage through UNGA and UNSC voting lists...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,862 ✭✭✭SeanW

So it's the Jews fault that they've been attacked constantly and that all the Islamic fundamentalists want them all dead. Gotcha.

They haven't always helped their own cause either. Reminder Israeli dead v Palestinian dead up to 2020 is 1:22

And before this situation if X number of people wanted all of them dead, it is now X+

I find it hard to believe you just have some kind of blockage that does not allow you to see the other side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Hmm...sounds familiar. If you're paraphrasing actual Nazis, might want to have a look at yourself

"The Jews are responsible for the war. The treatment they receive from us is hardly unjust. They have deserved it all."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,832 ✭✭✭volchitsa

You think?? But I didn’t say Iranians weren’’t educated. I was talking about Afghanistan closing schools for girls. Never said that was the case in Iran.

All I said about Iran was that since women in Afghanistan are ALSO treated very badly by the regime there (and schools closed etc, so even worse than Iran) for the same reason, ie Sharia law, then the problems for women in Iran, (being arrested/beaten up over headscarves etc) are not likely to be caused by Mossad as the OP alleged but by an extremist interpretation of Sharia law.

I see that other people understood that point so it wasn’t hard to grasp. I’m thinking you just wanted to disagree with me. 😏

Reem Alsalem UNSR Violence Against Women and Girls@UNSRVAW "Very concerned about these statements by the IOC at Paris2024 There are multiple international treaties and national constitutions that specifically refer to#women and their fundamental rights to equality and non-discrimination, so the world has a pretty good idea of what women -and men for that matter- are. Also, how can one assess whether fairness and justice has been reached if we do not know who we are being fair and just to?"

Well actually, that's more like all the posts you guys make about Hamas being responsible for the Israelis going out and letting off some steam by butchering more Palestinian kids for the craic.

When you have one or two people that dislike you, that's normal and not indicative of anything. When nearly everyone you meet over your whole lifetime thinks you are a bit of a cu^t, then you might actually be a bit of a cu^t.

i mean, they enforce the same rules just as brutally. They closed all schools for girls over 12, as well as mad stuff like cutting the heads off shop models so they’re much like Iran in that respect.

Full post copied below for your convenience

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,617 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

And now do the same but for the Palestinians

"The Palestinians are responsible for the war. The treatment they receive from us is hardly unjust. They have deserved it all."

See how that works?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,707 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

So, 'responsible for the war' is meaningless as an attribute of whoever you're trying to blame. It's not the Israeli's responsible for the war. Nor the Gazans.

So, if no one is responsible for the war, then who is? My money is on Hamas. They launched and continue to attack via Rockets (daily).

Thanks for helping clear this up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,617 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Of course you will blame them because yes they attacked Israel on the 7th, but again I will ask "how much oppression would be too much before you yourself fought back"?

I've no problem with Israel killing each and every Hamas operative and their leadership, I do have a problem with indiscriminate bombing of civilian areas and the mass murder of innocent civilians.

IIsrael is ensuring that Hamas (or whatever comes after) will have plenty of volunteers for many years to come and any future attacks will be the direct result of israels actions over the last couple of months.

Murdering innocent women as they wave a white flag is not how you take down Hamas that's how you guarantee future attacks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,707 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Do you blame Hamas? Is what Hamas is doing now fighting back because of oppression? How does keeping hostages solve your oppression problem?

Hamas started this aggressive war to eradicate Israel. Hamas did not have to attack on the 7/10. They chose to of their own volition. No one compels you to pull the trigger except yourself. And it really seems like the fact that Israel was closer to diplomatic relations with Saudi Arabia is what spurred Iran on to schedule this attack with Hamas. Hamas had been kind of quiet (except the endless rockets) prior to this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,065 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

History is repeating itself - The Jews are now the Palestinians and the Nazis are now the Israelis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,832 ✭✭✭volchitsa

The "same rules" being Sharia law. Not that schools in Iran are closed to girls over 12. I don't imagine that Sharia law is set out in that level of detail, TBF.

Look, others clearly understood the point being made - so why not you? Or do you think they all think that Iranian women leave school at 12 too? It would be an odd thing to believe, considering the publicity given to women like Narges Mohammadi who is described as a scientist and journalist in any articles about her, so I doubt that.

(TBH I think it's also pretty obvious why you don't understand such a simple point, actually)

Reem Alsalem UNSR Violence Against Women and Girls@UNSRVAW "Very concerned about these statements by the IOC at Paris2024 There are multiple international treaties and national constitutions that specifically refer to#women and their fundamental rights to equality and non-discrimination, so the world has a pretty good idea of what women -and men for that matter- are. Also, how can one assess whether fairness and justice has been reached if we do not know who we are being fair and just to?"

• Advertisement

Not a very successful attempt at backtracking there. What you said was clear and unambiguous.

As I said, you clearly know nothing about the country, nor have you ever had a conversation with anyone from there. You simply blindly parrot US and Israeli propaganda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,906 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I mentioned that earlier, but if you can believe Dief( which I appreciate it you are unlikely to) he stated the attack was planned for over two years in response to an Israeli raid on a revered site for Muslims. He said he envisaged a heavy price for it but it would bring the notion of a Palestinian state to the fore front. He is right in that regard when we see the recent statements from Blinken and The Saudis. What caught my eye is the statements of Fatah publicly and then what they are prepared to accept in private. With this in mind I bet Abbas is secretly delighted about the war in Gaza, so long as it doesn't become a threat to his rule. Israel take out their long term rival and Fatah takes over in Gaza

Again, when you find yourself literally parroting Goebbels, you have a major problem. Just saying.

It's no wonder Jewish people are feeling extremely threatened. Doesn't take much to turn people into raging anti semites does it and we all know where that kind of rhetoric leads. It's actually been shocking to see happening in real time. And blaming Jews for their persecution over the years by saying well maybe they're actually are just cnuts and deserve it is absolutely anti semitism before you start with the whole "can't say anything these days without the Jews playing the holocaust card" 🙄

So threatened that they've murdered 30,000 people in 90 days.

And sure, when faced with the terror inducing sight of a woman and child in the distance, waving a white flag, there's no option but to shoot...

So you aren't even pretending it's just Israel you're against now but in fact all Jewish people who are the cnuts and deserve what they get? Because that's what I said "no wonder Jewish people are feeling extremely threatened" and you followed up with how "they" killed 30000 people (according to Hamas)

I stopped reading after "so you aren't even pretending".

When you find yourself literally making stuff up you have a major problem. Just saying.

Why are you going on about a woman being shot - presumably for sh1ts and giggles - by some IDF sniper.

Don't you know there is a chant that some people say that we can twist into being antisemitic? Why aren't you distracting focusing on the real issues?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Ah the ould you cant believe the figures as they are from the health ministry of Gaza, aka Hamas. In every single conflict before this between Israel and Hamas the figures given by the health ministry have been accepted by the UN and basically everyone. But THIS time the figures are wrong. Yeah right. This nonsense was dispensed with a few hundred pages ago. If anything they're probably under reported with all the missing people.

And I'm not against Israel. I'm against the murderous IDF's policy of shooting anything that moves. Kids. Bang. Women holding white flag. Bang. Medics. Oh I'll just lob this stun grenade. Graves. Sure we'll dig them up. Keep convincing yourself the IDF's actions are lovely jubbly. They're as bad as Hamas. And you and others are bending over backwards every day to legitimise slaughter. Oct the 07th was the work of tyrants. And what has occurred since is the work of tyrants.

• Advertisement

Apologies. I failed to account for the sniper performing weapon maintenance. Clearly, he had just completed the maintenance and the shot was a procedural requirement. Maintenance complete, test complete, all good.

Advertisement