Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Poor Toby is not eating his posh Butternut Box dog food and he has already vomited twice this morning. I’m pretty worried now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I've been getting calls from a weird number lately and have been ignoring them. I finally answered today and it's Cats Protection begging me to increase my monthly donation. I feel for them but when I said no, the guy didn't even bother saying goodbye. Just hung up on me. Bit rude.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,310 ✭✭✭✭blade1

This is my ta today.

Now I'm no expert so I could be wrong here but this doesn't look right.

Was getting my water filtration system serviced by company all along.

This time I said I'd have a go myself and ordered the 5 filters myself.

So there's two filters on the back, they were fine.

The three fronts that I received seem correct.

From the right to left and in the order to be fitted

1 sediment pre filter

1 carbon (gac) filter

1 carbon (block) filter.

All good so far....... or so it seemed.

Went to remove the old ones and this is what I found.

Now as I said I'm no expert but if I'm not mistaken it would seem and this is the order they came out from right to left.

1 sediment pre filter ( correct)

1 carbon (block) filter where the (gac) one should be.

Another sediment pre filter where there should be a carbon (block) filter.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,289 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Some Manchester accents

When did they decide to stop saying 'the'

In the morning is 'in morning'

Just to add to that.

The amount of junk mail sent by charities before Christmas is beyond all.

Getting 3 letters by the same charity ( one with my name, one with the occupier followed by address and one with the householder and no address) isn't going to make me decide whether to donate or not.

Has a negative effect if anything.

Post edited by blade1 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Having spent a bit of time around that area I don't think they totally drop the "the". I expect to hear something more like "int morning".

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

2FA - I always have to do it twice when buying something online

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Maybe post in plumbing or even health sciences....labs would use filtered/deionised water so someone would have a clue on the set up.

Ah I'm just TA about giving money and putting trust in professionals and they seemingly cutting corners.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

• Advertisement

FFFFing Electric Scooters!

On a pedestrian crossing this morning car had stopped and FFFFing Electric Scooter sailed past over the crossing just in front of me at speed.

Second time I've been on a crossing thats been ignored by an electric scooter driver.

I say ban them!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,911 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My brother's children.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I was looking at a laptop in a shop during the weekend. It met all my requirements so I went to buy it. I then realized I left my wallet at home (that's one of the problems with using your phone to pay for everything). I told the sales guy I'd be back during the week and he said no problem.

I went back this evening and the laptop's price had increased by €450 and the manager wouldn't honor the price I saw during the weekend. Scumbags. No way am I paying that much extra so I'm back in the market for a laptop again.

That bang nosie that comes from electronics in the middle of the night when there cooling down

I'm a very light sleeper as it is grrr

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Alas, the best standard Sky box (they had a few models, mostly durable) that was ever made.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,481 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I just sat down to watch Mr Bates v Post Office on the Virgin Media Player.

I watched the whole episode and it ended like a final episode.

I couldn't figure out how there was another three episodes.

I then noticed the player played episode 4 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,286 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Over the course of the pandemic, a number of foxes showed up in the area… a busy enough Dublin suburb…. Funny seeing them as there would only have been the very odd hedgehog……. Despite the coolness / cuteness of the foxes there is an almighty fûcking domestic royal rumble style row going on the last 30 minutes somewhere close by…. The screaming / screeching of a fox isn’t the most pleasant sound… it’s very much a nails on blackboard effect and it sounds like about 4 of them. My research…..” Foxes breed only once a year, most mating occurring in January or early February. Courting foxes can be heard barking or uttering unearthly screams; the dog and vixen hunt and travel together for about three weeks before mating. “ Fûck sake ! 😒

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I’m always banging on about my inability to sleep . It’s the 2nd night in a row I’ve fallen asleep on the couch . So TA is my inability to walk the 8 feet to my bed once I’ve taken my Zz tablets.

Yesterday driving though town noticed council workers fishing supermarket trolleys out of a council water feature.

Drove past again today to see three brand new trolleys dumped upside-down in the middle of the water feature.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Maybe they wanted to make a wish but couldn't get the coins out of the trolleys.

(🤬😡 Idiots)

What the hell are the birds eating at all.

They've shat on my car and you'd swear it was Evo Stick 😮

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭ruth...less

trying to withhold hiccups lol

Post edited by ruth...less on

I was a television version of a person with a broken heart...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Working from home I only put on make up or get 'dressed' (in appropriate work clothes rather than comfy work from home clothes) if I have a meeting scheduled. One meeting was scheduled today, I went to fix my hair, put on some make up and make myself look presentable and came back to an email that the meeting has been rescheduled to Tuesday 😠

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I have to find a reason to go out somewhere now 😂

Moron at the garage parks in between two petrol pumps blocking access to both.

I can see him inside the window doing the lotto etc.

Comes out, stops halfway back to his car, starts checking something on his phone, oblivious to the queue of cars backed up onto the hard shoulder of the main road.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I was already rolling eyes at the coverage of Conan O'Brien visiting Ireland before I found out he was over filming a new show.

Like, why is this news? Do Italy, Poland and other countries with a significant emigration record to the States dedicate news items to celebs visiting them? And visiting them for commercial reasons.

Jesus christ. Such a small time country.

• Advertisement

But the craic is here in jolly old Ireland

We'll bow down to his American bollocks esp because we're all 'drunk most of the time'

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement