Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New England Patriots Thread Mod Warning Post #253

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 597 ✭✭✭dh1985

You might want to re read the post the guy had posted before prematurely going off on one. He was complimentary of BB and said he didn't want a couple of bad seasons to sour his legacy. Had also stated he attributed the SB wins to Bill as well as brady. Talk about getting the wrong end of the stick.

As for the "couple of bad drafts". Our drafts have underwhelmed for a decade. The buck stops with Bill on that one.

I would think it's not your honesty that's offensive but your poor comprehension of the written word.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

Oh dear! Life is too short

Anyway…Vrabel the next head coach of Patriots.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Seems that way, appears there was some tension with the new titans GM and Vrabel, this means Vrabel has got the bullet. Not very happy about it tbh

Crazy decision to get rid but it’s great for Kraft! You couldn’t ask for a better fit to replace Bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭cosatron

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,898 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

'Hope that Bill and Kraft part ways this week.'

Which part of the above sentence am I failing to comprehend?

And just on the drafts. Christian Gonzalez looks great. Rhamondre Stevenson, Kyle Dugger, Josh Uche, Afernee Jennings were drafted in the last four years. Cole Strange looks decent in his second year and Keion White had a good rookie year.

The drafts haven't been bad. The problem is we don't generally do well with offensive player picks outside of running backs and guards.

Bill is going nowhere and anybody who thinks Vrabel is currently or ever was as good as or better than Bill Belichick should stop airing their stupidity out loud

Fair play! As Fr. Noel Furlong would say of him "You're going on my list, Tony"

Good breakdown on where BB has focused his Draft picks. Obvs heavily weighted on defense.

https://www.patriots.com/news/trends-in-patriots-draft-history-during-the-bill-belichick-era-297416

Completely agree on the draft performance since the 2012 trade ups for Chandler Jones and Hightower.

Post edited by CMcsporty on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭CWMMC

Now can we end who we think the better Quarterback is? Going to be sad watching the playoffs tho without the Patriots in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,500 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

If BB stays we are one of just 5 teams (I calculate) who are available for Hard Knocks - selection rules are 'haven't made the playoffs in two years, head-coach can't be in his first season, and haven't been featured on Hard Knocks in previous 10 years. So it's limited to Colts, Broncos, Bears, Patriots, Saints (unless I've missed some).

I think Patriots or Broncos would be the stand-outs from that list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,534 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Hoping Bill's hinting at being willing to give up GM duties is a sign that he can adapt and make the necessary changes.

If we draft a QB, he needs to be treated better than how Mac was. O'Brien can be an effective OC, but he also needs to be able to bring in his own guys.

I'm thinking/hoping Josh will be back which would be a great help. Mac looked good in his rookie year with Josh as OC, the last two years........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,198 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I hope Bill stays as coach, would be very open to the idea of someone taking the GM reins or at the very least having a pretty big say in the offensive side of recruitment but no way I want to see BB out the door.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,155 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

There's just something about Josh that makes him a great QB focused OC but a terrible HC.

Yeah, it's like he turns into a dictator when he gets a head coaching job.

A head coach has to make it enjoyable for everybody. You'll get the best out of your players if they like you.

Bill is set to leave. An era has come to an end for us.

It's the right thing to do. Hope Bill and Kraft hug it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Very sad day. I think it's the wrong decision, but will wait for the inside scoop. If BB wasn't willing to relinquish GM duties or let BOB flesh out his own offensive staff, then I guess hands were tied.

Still feels like a punch to the gut.

I know the right thing, but still sad to see now.

• Advertisement

I'll believe it when I see it from an official outlet, not before/

As bad the GM Bill is , Bill the coach is still very much an asset and we shouldnt be firing him. Of course if he simply wants to retire then thats different.

EDIT: From the patriots official twitter, looks like there's something to the rumors alright

https://twitter.com/Patriots/status/1745424537305444814

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/121601303#Comment_121601303

Of course. The greatest. Great memories for us all.

It was time. I wanted BB to win another with Patriots without TB. It wasn't going to happen after this season.

I see now why he's retiring. Bill is fond of an aul' statistic, right?

If he loses one more game as coach, he'll have the most losses ever by an NFL coach. I reckon he thought he'd become the winningest head coach before becoming the "losingest" head coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

I don't think anyone has said he's retiring...

No chance he's retiring. Next stop Cowboys or Eagles.

My own feelings exactly.

A sad day as a Pat, and I think a mistake unless he refused to hand over some front office control etc.

Where next for the Goat I would say the Falcons will make a big play, Washington too.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

I'm not believing it until 5pm when they address the media. There's nothing about it on Patriots.com.

Sources for the Patriots is a joke. I don't think anybody outside of Bill and Kraft senior and junior know what's going on.

If he is gone I hope they are promoting from within. I'd be happy with Jerod or Steve.

If he is gone I hope it's his idea.

Still the best coach on the planet, our defense, without Judon and Gonzalez, was top five in the league despite spending a lot of time on the field.

Just a couple of tackles and an elite wide receiver needed to put us back as serious contenders. We might need a QB too but that's not as crucial as the other positions.

If they don't promote from within it wouldn't surprise me if Dugger, Jennings and Uche all decide they want out.

How about Alabama? That's what I'd fancy he'd do

I think he will want to break the wins record so will stay in NFL is my reasoning.

• Advertisement

I don't see him going elsewhere. no one is going to hire him as GM Bill so it would be a HC job and I can't see why he'd leave NE to go somehwere else.

It's on the official patriots page that Bill is in front of the media today so it will clear it up pretty quickly I'd say.

Advertisement