Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tickets reselling from Ticketmater?

Options
  • 10-01-2024 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,955 ✭✭✭

I am planning on purchasing Depeche Mode tickets tomorrow from a seller on Adverts. Te tickets are virtual from their phone Ticketmaster account.

Is it ok to buy transferred tickets like this?

I'm concerned as I was scammed recently for same but this time I'm meeting the seller in person.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Fanirish

If meeting in person and transferring tickets to your account then and there should be okay.

would personally make sure you have their full name, do a quick google, find their LinkedIn, social media account so if anything does go wrong you have solid ways to reach them.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭paulieeye

should be fine. get them to transfer the tickets first and once you click the 'accept transfer' email send the money. Dont do it before accepting the transfer as they can cancel the transfer afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

Have bought and sold many times using TM transfer, but it is usually from a buyer/seller on Toutless, i have never had a problem, but some common sense steps required, get the buyer/ seller number, before any transfers or payments happen, have a phone call if you feel it is necessary.

I have never transferred tickets to a buyer before i received payment, and vice versa.

I get their number, and text them in advance of the transaction, or call them. As the transfer or payments take place, keep in touch until fully completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

You won't get too many sellers (legitimate or scammer) who will transfer tickets without getting payment first. I wouldn't sell without getting payment first.

One of the main points when analysing the legitimacy of a "sale" is to look up the history of the seller. On toutless, if the seller has several previous transactions, then I am confident the everything is ok. I don't go for anyone on toutless that has no previous transaction.

Same goes for adverts. You can what history the person has. If they are nearly all positive, then I go with it, even if a few red marks. Adverts can get childish, and there will often be little disputes where someone will get over emotional and give negative feedback. Also, I don't touch new accounts on Adverts for tickets. I have never got scammed yet. But I'm sure it will happen some day.

I don't go near Done deal, as there doesn't seem to be any way to gauge the authenticity of a seller. And don't even mention face book. That is a cesspool. I had never used it, and was on it one evening looking for tickets for a gig that was very difficult to get a ticket through any other channels. I thought I was on to a good thing when I saw all of the "offers" on facebook. But as the communications went on, it became apparent that they were not real. And the scammers can get quite aggreeeive on face-book when they get outed.

Re money first...every face to face meet I had was cash and hard copy tickets so doesnt really apply but if transferring tickets really it doesnt matter, the risk is the same on both sides. Someone has to jump first. I would try to get the tickets sent first but if they objected I'd judge based on the feel of the seller or their history. Have bought and sold a few on toutless over the years but really only started revolut/transfer type transactions last few years. There I go on who has the longer history. If there is someone new on toutless who is selling, there is no way I'm transferring money without seeing the tickets in my account. And if we both have history, I ask for the youngest account to go first. I have yet to have someone object but my account is 14 years old and has a good few posts...and only had to do this twice so far!

Someone has to take the leap first but someone with toutless history should be legit. I wouldnt go near fb, donedeal or twitter. Maybe adverts at a stretch due to the history being there as you said.

• Advertisement

Advertisement