Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Champions League 22/23

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I forgot all about this, this GW looks like i might have got the W, tight group though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Yes, group C is very tight. Couple of close games this week

We're back in GW 11

Back this week with the reverse of the last round, good luck all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

Think I need Watkins and Cash to outscore Douglas Luiz by 5 points to get a win against Duefrine.

How is the other game in group A going ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

Yeah. Having a disastrous run.

Really wanted to come out of the group this time.

All to play for in most matches, any kind of a return would be massive tonite

Duefrine is the only one guaranteed to win his tie.

I was roaring at the telly last nite that Palmer should have been booked for his push in the back at the end of the Spurs game. In the end it didn't matter when he got his assist. Means Ace overtook me for the GW. Couple of other ties turned around also

• Advertisement

Means cdev has qualified for the quarters and barring a miracle McBain and Xander will join him. The other two groups are very tight

Next matches are GW12, a lot could be decided after this

Hahah yea I was hoping he would be subbed when Sterling was. And even after the third goal there was only 1bps between him and Gallagher so anything could have happened - was so happy when realised he got assists for the 4th goal. Even the pen I thought he missed it. Like you said though all to play for in the group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Only a 40 point win required to put me back on track this week, no bother

This weekend's results

Means Cdev, Duefrine, Xander10, Ace2007 & Patmac are all qualified for the quarter finals.

McBain is almost guaranteed his spot, AdPro and myself have what looks like a shoot out for the last spot in Group C, a draw would allow Hackers to go through if he wins. Mirwillbeback and Alz007 have a shoot out in Group D

• Advertisement

GW 13 is the last round of group games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

A hard fought draw for me this week with Eoghan in both this and the head to head.

Are we missing 2 teams from the actual league?

Only 14 in the league on the official site….?

350 points scored against me. Closest is on 324 points scored against them. Out already, after scoring the 6th highest points from the 16 teams. When its not meant to be, its not meant to be.

Yea it’s luck of draw - there’s me sitting with 279 points but through to quarters after winning 4/5 games. While languishing around 3m in world

• Advertisement

Well my OR is nothing to write home about either tbf, but I’ve done ok in the weeks that this has been running.

@Green&Red can we get the missing teams added to the league. Part of the fun is following the progress over the weekends games. I have alz007 this weekend so ideally would like to see what I’m up against!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭Xander10

1. alz007 - 1879161

His team ID above will let you find him

Sound fellas, i just figured out how to do that!

I love watching combinations as the points scoring develops - normally to disappointment !

Looks like Alz007 and McBain are both through. Bar a Lazarus from Neto I should join them

I was right about disappointment!

Final GW's results

Means the final tables look like this, hard luck to all those that are leaving us. Be sure and check all the results just in case

Back for the Q/Fs next week?

a tricky couple of game weeks

• Advertisement

Whose playing who?

Looks like A and and B match up, winners versus runner ups.

And C and D likewise

Yes, back up this weekend

Ace looks to be fairly safely through, all the other ties are close enough, second legs over the next GW

Decent lead, but it's really only 1 good captain choice to beat me. could easily be the other way round next GW with no Salah/Son

I would say the lack of Salah/Son makes a captain turnaround harder. Those are the exact lads you go to challenge Haaland if you need to chase, while still being able to very realistically hope for a double digit haul.

Not sure I have much of a chance v Patmac

Areola + Estupian + Foden

V

Dubravka + Braintwaite + Gordon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Your 2 points up though as I took a hit, I’m not overly confident.

I'll be sweating on Bowen starting now,.still think he might. That Oscar Bobb goal cost me a BP for each of them

• Advertisement

Just like I said, it's just just one good captain pick and I'm out - and Alz007 has done it with captain Jota - unless Cunha has a worldie of a match tomorrow i'm out.

8 points for Estu and you're through, can easily see that happening

Quarter finals look like this. @patmac will you check but by my count I go through as I have 11 goals to your 10. If that's the case it's incredibly hard luck, Steele nicked a bonus point off Estu towards the very end

Semi finals begin GW23

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Do captain goals count as double? I reckon you still win 12-11. Anyway my own fault for benching Palmer. Funny enough if I hadn't bothered with Estu, Moreno would have got me through. Anyway great competition and best of luck to all left in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭McBain11

Congrats cdev on the win. I was scrambling this week hoping to hit a couple of big hauls to make up for my the transfer hits I took. It actually panned out ok, but fair play cdev you had a cracker of a score this week.

Thanks for running this green&red, it's possibly my favourite format of all the FPL comps we have on Boards. Was delighted to get a wee run in it to the knockouts this season.

Best of luck to all the semi finalists.

Just looking back, you've topped your group all three years I've run this and gone out at the quarter final stage each time. Hard luck to Ace too, his score would have won two of the other ties.

Semi finals are

Green & Red v Xander

Alz v Cdev

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 alz007

Hard luck Ace. I had resigned myself to being well gone after the first leg. Only checked this yesterday. I have my wife to thank on getting through. She is doing much better than me (50k in the world) at this game, and advised buying and captaining Jota. I was going to go Saka or J Pedro. The midas touch. Saved from the jaws of defeat. Great set of ties in this competition!

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭duefrine

Thanks again Green &Red for running it, congratulations to Xander and the 3 other on getting through to the semis .... Knew I was out early in the game week when Watkins (c) blanked..... What a troll, will never be in my team again...... Pencil me in again for next season,

I didn’t take anything for granted after first leg - as I said it was only one good captain choice - and with me having Salah, Son, TAA, Hwang and Haaland all injured I had to take a hit - I went and got Saka cause thought you’d likely captain him, but then saw you played WC and thought Jota was very good shout as long as he started. As it was others got your over the line as well. You need to go and win it now!!

like others have said it’s one of the best competitions about, will be back next year.

I'm in a bit of trouble first leg and fear Haaland could finish me off tonight

Turns out, not too much trouble, I'd make you favourite, I hate my team! We're lucky to be playing each other

• Advertisement
Advertisement