Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Marrooned

Did any other hurling club win club all irelands in different grades.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭blackcard

Bennettsbridge won at junior and intermediate in consecutive years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭randd1

Glenmore did it first, senior in 91 and junior a few years back. Bennettsbrisge became the second two hours after Glenmore when they won the intermediate the same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Neewollah

The standard of Cork teams has clearly regressed at intermediate and junior due to their restructuring

They have gone to similar set up to Tipp. Outside of the tipp senior champs getting the odd run, their intermediate or junior champs never get anywhere as there are over 30 senior clubs of which some are very poor for that grade but want to keep that title

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

That may be true but those two Cork teams got through Munster. What does that say for the rest. And, having so many intermediate and junior clubs doesn't explain why their senior clubs don't do well either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭mullinr2

On another note John Donnelly looks in great shape, hopefully he can have a great season for Kilkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭randd1

Even with the restructuring in Cork, going by their numbers, in terms of average, their representatives tonight would technically be ahead of ours.

i think there’s just over 120 hurling clubs in Cork, their representatives tonight were 51st (junior) and 25th(inter).

Ours have 38 clubs, and tonight were 25th(junior) and 13th(inter).

So at Junior their champions would be above 50% of other clubs while ours are under 40%, and at intermediate their champions would be in the top 20% while ours are outside the top 30%.

Technically speaking, going on club numbers, on average their champions rank higher than ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭jimmythesulk

One of the worst posts I have ever read on here. Up their with Marooned accusing Limerick of taking performance enhancing drugs through inhalers after they beat us in the All Ireland last year. Limerick players being paid so they can rest between games rather than working. What a load of nonsense. Ye sure make us look like a county of sore losers.

Reality is Limerick just have the best players, manager and coach.

You go on about rest. Leinster hurling championship is so poor that we could rest half our team against Carlow, Antrim and also Dublin and Wexford for that matter and still cruise through to the All Ireland quarter final or semi final. Limerick don't have that luxury. Now that is unfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭kk.man

Add JP into the mix.... u won four on the trot what's your problem.. try 5 see what happens..wake up that was almost always the case in Leinster ..at the end of the day after bating the s#÷£> out of all in Munster if you can't bate a 'second' grade Leinster team then you don't deserve an All Ireland. After 36 all irelands I think that says it all.

• Advertisement

I am Kilkenny man. Are we not allowed call out our own posters who make up stuff (rumours me arse) and then make us look like a bunch of sore losers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

Your one 100% allowed to call out anyone you want. I said I'd heard it and I said it was likely BS.

You don't get the rest thing though. Rest in an S&C sense is not playing easier games against Carlow or whoever. Rest is literally doing nothing after training or games. It's mind numbingly boring by all accounts but it's vitally important to recovery and allows much better conditioning. I don't know if you've ever seen programmes following soccer players. Most of there day is sitting at home playing playstation as they have to rest after training.

I never accused Limerick of doing anything wrong or underhand. Even if they have players who can get the rest there's nothing wrong with that it's not cheating. I'm not a sore loser,I take my/our beatings and congratulate the opposition. We also need to know what level we have to get to, to beat the best and they are the best at the moment as I said in that post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

Great wins for both Tullogher and Thomastown. Hopefully a few get a run with the county over the next few months. Nice gesture by Tullogher to form a guard of honour for Thomastown as they can out onto the pitch.

If as you say it is likely bullshit, then why post it up online for everyone to see, followed by I fully trust the person who told me this.

You posted up that 7 or 8 of the Limerick players are subsidised to rest between matches. If that is not accusing Limerick of doing anything wrong or underhand.

Between you, Marooned and greenspurs ridiculous posts, anyone reading this forum would believe we are nothing but a bunch of sore losers who spread false rumours as we can't just accept that Limerick are just too good for everyone at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

I think St Catherines were the 51st ranked hurling club in Cork this year..

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭kk.man

I'm not a sore loser...can't vouch for others but this Limerick team can and will be beaten.

Never said you were. It's not you making up stuff and posting it up online.

And yes they will. We were still in it in the last two all Ireland's coming down the home stretch. They are very beatable but also a great team.

So? Maybe the solution is for smaller populated counties with fewer clubs to regrade ALL their clubs from junior/intermediate to senior! That might help bigger counties like Cork.

You have to wonder what the state of club hurling is like in the other Munster counties since "low down" Cork clubs frequently come through at junior and intermediate.

Post edited by Grats on

Are you saying Limerick are on a level playing pitch with the rest of us.

• Advertisement

Good to read someone here has a good sense of reality about what LK are doing 👍. There's nearly a bit of bitterness with some other posters. Dunno why. It's only a game

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Alonzo Moseley

Great night for Kilkenny.

There was a chasm in hurling standards between the Kilkenny teams and their opponents.

Two of the stongest clubs ever seen at these grades. As another poster mentioned, our club standard is off the charts.

While saying "we have the hurlers" isn't a panacea, it doesn't mean it isnt true. It is true, and long may it continue, we have an awful lot to be proud of even when not winning senior all irelands.

I'm particularly pleased for the Thomastown manager Noel Doherty who stuck with these players from the start. Not a "big" name but by god he has Thomastown playing a terrific brand of hurling. They tried route one, high ball in, for 15 minutes or so yesterday and when it wasn't working they changed their tactics and took off. It's wonderful to see a team capable of switching between game plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Wedger90

Steven Donnelly should be there or thereabouts this year for the County team

No they just have better players, a better manager and a better coach. It's really that simple. On this thread we have posters like you who make stuff up and try to push the narrative that they cheat. If their was any truth in it you would imagine we would read about it in the papers. But their is no truth in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭blackcard

Anyone else from Thomastown or Tullogher to be called into the county set up?

The players that will be called in will certainly have a pep in there step and an air of confidence. I thought the two KK teams defences set ups were brilliant and I thought the left corner back for tullougher was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Wedger90

I know that I'm on about the first 15

• Advertisement

Advertisement