Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,286 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

You see it all the time shît like that at the pumps and something similar happened about 15 minutes ago to me which is my TA

at my gym the car park is at the rear of the facility and to the front is a set down / drop of and pick up area that can fit two cars…. Two cars comfortably if car #1 parks properly,, again 30 minutes ago some wonder cûnt leaves his Focus in between both spaces as he goes in to ask a question at the desk…..

need to go inside ? PARK the car, where it is supposed to be parked….

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I want my dinner but I'm not hungry.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

The new guinness zero ad, who the fcuk thought was a good idea?.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭apache

Is that the one with the singing pint heads? I think it's very funny 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 24,350 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Every single TV and radio ad that trot out the smart alec wife/girlfriend talking down to some absolute dimwit of a husband/boyfriend trope.

Hilarious stuff altogether.

Post edited by lawred2 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Guinness Zero full stop . I bought a couple of cans for Christmas and thought it was disgusting . I'm currently having a Guinness nitrosurge . Not bad .

• Registered Users Posts: 18,638 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

People who go out of their way, to look for a row.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 38,289 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

A lot of a certain demographic are bred to do it boss

I'm so fcuking tired. Due to go to a match tomorrow that cost me almost 80 quid for the ticket and all I want to do is vegetate at home.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Teeth cleaned, chilling on my bed, about to turn in but slightly quite peckish which I never am this late, go to hang my coat up and the rustling in my pocket reminds me of this still being there..

id forgotten I’d bought this yesterday, needed to clean teeth twice so..dammit… sorted my peckishness though…

A courier…

Saturday morning…7.40AM my doorbell rings, , I answer,

Him : hi, I have package for K.Doyle (pushing the signature electronic gizmo towards me in a rude, hurried and demanding fashion….)

My arms remain at my side and I extend him the coldest of stares and the following conversation ensues….

Me : well you have the wrong fücking address then !

him : are you sure ? 🤦🏻‍♂️

Me : I think I’m very sure that there is no K.Doyle living here, yes.

him : do you know where K. Doyle lives ?

me : where does the address say ?

him : 16 Kxxxxx Ave…..

me : this is 17 Kxxxxx Ave, so if you go to 16, the actual address on the package you’ll likely find them there….

the apology comes at several decibels louder then is appropriate for 7.40am and with him with his back to me as he is hurrying away.

TA : companies hiring and allowing absolute thick cünts to work for them and with the public, it’s an epidemic now, that and AND their management allowing couriers to deliver to people at 7.40 on a Saturday the hell is that about ? Post 9am ffs….It is Saturday morning !!!!

As I watch him deliver to my neighbours, the passenger door and cargo door of the van remain open over on the street. The van is 40-50 feet from him ( illegally parked too ) as he’s delivering so his other cargo isn’t secure nor is the 50,000 euro vehicle…

so literally zero about what he is doing is correct….. probably be fast tracked to a manglement position.

When people in a thread all make the same joke that wasn't funny in the first place.

Also, people who use "lol" as a form of punctuation. Just stop, you have no idea how stupid it makes you look.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,481 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I was supried people were that interested in him especially with Home Alone role.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

When you are stressed and anxious and instead of giving a civilised response or walking away, you spew out a string of expletives.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Todays Trivial Annoyance is battery operated electronics that require THREE batteries.

WHY Three? Batteries come in packs of 4 or 8 meaning you always have at least one battery left over when you replace three batteries.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The bhest!!! Especially if you get them in the multipacks in Tesco on special offer.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

And I'm still left with one rechargable battery and rechargable batteries don't work as well in some of the torches I have. Again I don't think rechargables are the best solution when some of my devices only need a change of batteries once or twice a year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

When you're driving on the motorway behind a slow vehicle but decide not to pass them out as you will be taking the next exit.

...and then you see the slow vehicle also taking the next exit and there's no opportunity to pass for the next 10 miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭donegal_man

The infantile phrase, "I was today years old when..."

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

It was very trivial , but now it’s bugging the **** out of me . Ball sort 113

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Buy twelve. But yes that's one of my TAs, too.

That sort of logic is not available to me when I remember to buy batteries. I normally buy packets of 8 in Lidl (recommend their batteries) so will need to remember to buy 3 packets next time.

The Aldi/Lidl rechargeable ones are in packs of 4 (obvs, you need the charger, too, or you need them to fit into a cordless landline phone and put that on its base to recharge them).

• Registered Users Posts: 82,324 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The 75 foot 'Card Only' signs at Tesco self service checkout tills that you then have to confirm first when using them that you know it's card only. I try to confirm punching the screen as hard as possible like it's a fairground attraction in the hope it brings the entire Tesco network down across the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Tesco stores which have cash self-serve checkouts but only one or two card and cash tills, so cash-only buyers(like me) have to wait in an ever-increasing line for the cash tills.

Another ta on this, I overheard a customer ask in one of the local Tesco stores why there isn't a cash and card till for each match in quantity the amount of card tills, he was told they can get card and cash tills but not cash and card tills from the supplier.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,412 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

That is nonsense. The payment methods are a software configuration.

• Advertisement

I'm glad someone else has that issue. I thought it was just me. Two I tried recently that were miles out and had to use the Eircode site in the end. My wife berated me for being a computer illiterate - I used to work in IT :-)

Edit> Another trivial annoyance is notifications linking back 247 posts and me being stupid enough to not notice and reply to a months old post :-(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement