Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Counting Rounds 2023

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Break80

Probably should as the shite I played last year with the society I'd be off 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭blue note

Played: 14

Start: 13.1

End: 13.8

High: 13.8

Low 11.9

Home: 7

Away: 7

I was surprised it was so many, but I had forgotten that I'd made sure to get a few rounds in before baby 2 came in May. I only had 4 rounds after that. I put in everything I can, so other than two matchplay rounds and a round in Esker where I couldn't register it due to phone signal, I'm not sure I played any other non-counting rounds. I think the second matchplay round is the only time I didn't play 18 in those rounds. So obviously I did not play well that day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,051 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Quick look at golf Ireland. Is there reports people are running to get the home/away/lowest/highest breakdown?

2023-25,

2022-26

2021-32

2020-22

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭plumber77

Not that I'm aware of. All the info people are using is on your dashboard.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I Am 110% playing more golf next year!!!

Played: 14

Start: 16.1

End: 16.6

High: 18

Low 16.1

Home: 8

Away: 6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭bobster453

Surprising how low the numbers in these posts are considering the cost of membership imo

Well we are talking counting tounds

so not even half you golf really, with the winter season and any matchplay, fourball/somes, teams, practice etc.

I remember old system used to show all your rounds (singles) but had a note against ones which were not qualifying

I think this might be a new feature added looking at the recent change on GI app. I think it would be good to see all your singles on your record, even if the course is not qualifying conditions.

Does Howdidido not show all rounds?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭blue note

I reckon boardsies are playing a lot more than the average club golfers, in particular in our age profile. If you think of the average numbers of a Sunday comp compared to the membership numbers - would you have 20% of the members out in it? You've obviously got another 6 days for people to get out, but there are an awful lot of lads playing multiple times each week. It's all guess work from me, but I'd be amazed if 40% of golfers are getting out once a week. I suspect the average number of rounds a club golfer plays each year is actually quite low and I'd say the median is very low.

From my own point of view, I'd absolutely love to play once a week, but I doubt I'll ever get to that stage. As the kids grow older and maybe the wife and I get jobs that we can both finish at 5 each day I'm hoping to have a couple of evenings free again each week - but I'll have to prioritise exercise. I'm in the worst shape of my life (round) and while golf is great, it won't fix that. And at the weekends we'll have kids activities and it would be nice to do family things while they're young enough to want to do them. I don't see where the time will come from to play golf more than about twice a month for the next decade or so.

Priorities and 1st world problems getting in the way of golf..has to be done.

For some reason Mrs bobster doesnt have any issue with me playing as much as I can

But then ours have flown the nest and are big and ugly enough to look after themselves..tho one keeps coming home every year from the land of quokas for an extended stay.

Really i think Mrs bobster just likes the peace and quiet of me being gone for hours so she can go brain dead watching her soaps😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Break80

I'd be in the same boat as you bob.

Mrs. Break quite happy to see the back of me, but even when the kiddies were at home I always had 5 hrs Saturday or Sunday morning to play my club golf.

You could always squeeze in a few hrs during the week for practice at the range.

Both of us worked full time so it can be done. Need to strap on a pair and review the contract I'm thinking lads.

Same. Generally play every Saturday and keep Sunday for family.

need your own time, especially in this modern age of mental health problems and keeping oneself sane

True

Even back in the days of chicks in the nest Mrs Bobster knew i needed time to unwind..tho what that had to do with golf i dont know.

She worked while chicks were in school and i played sat..sometimes sundays..then she went with other golf widows for coffee or cinema or some such.

Compromise important.I originally from kildare she from wexford so no family anywhere near us so we had to figure it out.

Then any family do's..if it was mine I had a few bevvies and she looked after the chicks and vice versa.

Though possibly more pressure and call on free time now than then..maybe..maybe not

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I’ve a good few practice rounds for interclub and then the matches so you can add a few more to mine.

I also play a bit of casual golf and when I’m out to enjoy myself, last thing I think of is handicap and putting in a card.

I really need to start adding my boards rounds as casual rounds though, they are friendly competitive for me.

Boards rounds are competitive alright..friendly??..maybe afterwards not during😂😂😂

Reminds me of a keyring i once had that stated.."is my buddy in the bunker or is the b@#&ard on the green"😂

Well you have certainly won enough for them to have been competitive 🏆

Advertisement