Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,105 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Harry just got out of one cult, doubt he will be in a rush to join another.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,876 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

He married Meaghan so quite simply anything is possible at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

If she said that and was serious about it, she was a horrid person. Piting one against the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Karppi

It's clear to me that the stories about Harry such as the positive Colin Powell one posted above all happened before Meghan came on the scene in that they are almost universally pro-Harry, or excusing his behaviours when drunk, reeling out of night clubs, cavorting in the nude in LV, wearing a swastika, etc. These were Harry's halcyon days. So what happened to the positive PR Harry received?

I think the answer is that he started listening to Meghan - he seems easily led - and ditched the Royal Family's people handling his PR, unwittingly giving the role to Meghan. The slow motion, grand-piano-falling-off-the-cliff then occurred. Harry was simultaneously trying to play the piano as well as standing on the beach, trying to catch it.

Whoever is advising H&M on a communications front/PR has a thankless task, as it seems to me that Meghan writes the word salad press releases, articles, and arranges the photography. Harry would do well to drop her iPhone and MacBook into one of the myriad toilets in their mansion, and blame Archie.

In reality though, I imagine they are perfectly fine, would that not be more accurate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,876 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

He’s devoid of personality at this stage - simply a mouthpiece for what Meaghan wants to say

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

William is in it. Did the Foreword. Poor Harry. Even the guy who lost his gun was able to make the cut ahead of him. 😄

Is he at the useful idiot stage now I wonder? i.e. The organisers break the news and it all becomes a self-serving promotional exercise for them. Hands up who knew about these Legends of Aviation awards before the news Harry was to receive one broke? Me neither. If actual legends were getting such an award it wouldn't be internationl news. It's the kind of shindig/piss up/networking event where actual legends like Buzz Aldrin et al would be getting paid to attend in a quid quo pro. The kind of event where Musk, Bezos et al see it as a night out to pat themselves on the back whereas Harry would pay his way in because, lets be honest, his aviation legend status is pretty tenuous. Maybe he oblivious to people seeking to leverage his fame/notoriety for awareness/profits and will embarrass himself by attending. Maybe he knows all that anyway but is thristy for recognition, craves aggrandisement that he genuinely believes he is a living legend and is a deserving recipient. Either way - morto for ya Harry.

True, clearly not on merit though.

Much like the fake aviation award that have the Royalists venting spleen.

They really are a hypocritical weird bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

certainly, pitting one child against the other is a no no for sure.

however in saying that, it is an accurate statement.

harry would have been a brilliant king, he would probably have turned republicans to monarchists even.

still though, i bet he and meghan wake up every morning glad to have dodged that bullet.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭backwards_man

A few commentators here have experienced narcissistic family members and just wanted to throw this out there.... Harry isn't going to go quietly away, he will maximise his birth advantage wherever possible. Like the sibling who keeps inserting themselves into family occasions purposely making up drama where non exists. The faux awards are part if his enablement by Meghan, bigging up minor achievements for max exposure. She excells in that. He doesn't get the humiliation of the Legends of Aviation awards because he believes he is worth it, despite every military persons experience to the contrary, he is not embarrassed the way a regular person would be because he believes he earned it against all evidence. Pushing himself into a limelight that is based entirely on his birth jackpot instead of earned achievements is what we can expect from him.

Your comment is complete speculation. Its doesn't matter what Harry would be. He isn't heir. He will never be. His best life is lived with his kids and wife and not selling his birth family for $$ The man is a shell of his former self. Those who publicly support him don't have his best interests in mind. He is being used by everyone especially those who shout loudest in his favour. Its disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Harry was selected by the living 128 existing people who have been awarded with this award which would seem to indicate that Harry has a lot of admirers in the US.

No, it came from William often saying to Diana that he didn't want to be king and Harry saying he would do the job. Diana nickname for Harry was ''GKH'' (Good King Harry).

I wonder why William didn't want to be King.

Just on your quoting wiki that it was a paid for award - did you edit it or were you caught out with the edit?

In hindsight, do you think the Royal family were wrong to cut him off financially.

Yes they all believe he is an aviation legend. Despite all evidence in favour of actual living legends who are not honoured. They trawled the depths of possible candidates and somehow came up with Harry, Prince Harry, of no achievements of note whatsoever, but a large blank cheque at the waiting in the form if a non profit. Truly a legend. He will be very proud. Of something. That no one can quite define. Especially not Tim Peaks. Who likely will sit at home on Jan 19th content with his achievements in life quietly, asking for no recognition.

So, what do you think of Charles as Commander and Chief of the Armed Forces of ths UK.

What do you think of Kate Middleton as Colonel of the Irish Guards. What do you think the military think of that? Kate hasn't even put on a girl scout uniform before being elevated to that position.

All the rest of the royal family (bar Andrew and Prince Philip) have very dodgy military backgrounds, yet they parade around in uniform with rows of medals.

By the way, I suggest you read up on the Living Legends award (and particularly the citation for Harry), as you clearly haven't a clue what they are about.

How old was William when he said he didn't want to be King?

Those are roles dished out by their country. As an honour. To those who serve their country. They have no meaning outside of the meaning the UK citizens give to their monarchy. Not understanding your point. I don't think you get what the monarchy is.

What a tough decision. Will we induct the distinguished Air Force graduate, the fighter pilot and the test pilot who was Capcom for the moon landing, who was back up for Apollo 13 and who was a moon walker/LMP for Apollo 16 all before he was 37 or will we go with the 39 year old British Prince who trained to be a gunner on an Apache helicopter who has a cheque for us? 🤔

• Advertisement

Beware Wikipedia. I had no hand it editing that entry. But I do like to walk backwards. On occasion.

I do not think the Royal family cut him off financially. Explain your question please.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

this is just conspiracy theorist nonsense really.

he's no shell of a man at all and absolutely is living his best life, how wouldn't he be when he is free of one of the biggest cults and grifts going.

he didn't sell anything of his family, he simply sold the truth and good on him, its about time the british monarchy was exposed for what it is.

oh he would have absolutely made a fantastic king though, no doubt about it, the modernisation the RF needed but threw away for better headlines from the likes of the scum and the daily mail.

ah well never mind, he is free free as a bird, enjoying his family, enjoying his life and their millions in the bank.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

That wikipedia entry went through a tit for tat edit war but the first shot was fired by Sussex Squaddies in a pathetic attempt to big up Harry.

The monarchy is a cult and a grift but Harry would like totally have been a brilliant leader of the cult and the grift. 🤣

Maybe the British should honour Tim Peaks with at least a knighthood before expecting the Yanks to honour him - after all, the kind of things he did are quite average in the US since they have so many astronauts. Peake has only been awarded something called 'Order of St Michael and St George' - Companion - which is the lowest form of the award.

You need to have a look at what the award is and who has got it previously before deciding they haven't a clue what they are doing. As I have mentioned before, Angelina Jolie is a recipient, as is a lot of other people who have contributed significanly to charities associated with flying. Harry was a Top Gun (first in his class of 20 in his US Apache training course). The Yanks love their Top Guns! And Apache are the top of the cake to fly.

And Harry has significant achievements to his name - founder of Invictus games, highlight mental health, founding an aids charity when 18 in Africa, very good polo player, author of a best selling book and successfully sueing the British media despite the horendous criticism and lies printed by them about him.

Does nobody else find it odd that Harry’s “award” or whatever it is suddenly emerged in a press release on 10 January? A bit of a late runner, isn’t he? It’s all a bit coincidental that he wasn’t selected as one of Sandhurst’s best, surely. Harry’s flying record is not easy to verify. The Palace PR machine would have been making it look pretty glowing - in reality, it’s rather vague.

I’d have thought Chris Hadfield would be on the list. Now, he is a legend.

Harry is a legend in his own mind; not in mine.

Sorry, I have no idea what you are saying in your first sentence.

The RF cut him off financially, so he had to earn money to live and provide security for his family. So thats what he did. He wrote a book that was his story which became a best seller.

Without funding from the RF, and not allowed earn a living sufficient to provide for his family, how do you suggest he survive? What should he have done? (Just so you know - his security costs him $3m a year).

Jaysus, you'd swear he was forced into doing what he chose. Quit the blatant gaslighting/narrative building He wasn't cut off financially. He was always a multi millionaire. He said he wanted to become financially independent and cut off his funding. He is now, according to some, worth a good $120 million. $3 million a year for security? So long as he has a competent financial planner then he'll be good long term to cover security costs (i.e. making 3% on ones net worth a year is achievable/sustainable).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,265 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Lol yeah, astronauts are just so average in the US, you can't walk down the street without bumping into dozens of them. Harry, who doesn't appear to have flown anything in years, is extremely special and more accomplished than anyone who has been to space.

Do you actually believe this nonsense?

• Advertisement

Due out on 18 January, this new book will be an interesting read and will, no doubt, also re-surface all Harry’s shenanigans around the time of the Queen’s passing.

Advertisement