Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Antipathetic

On a separate note, has Amazon Prime delivery Ireland slowed down recently?

If I remember correctly up until what feels like fairly recently, delivery on most items used to take about two days with some exceptions.

Amazon gave me the option of signing up to prime for a week for 99p, so I used that on my most recent order today. However, the shipping is still taking the same amount of time as if I had just ordered normally using the standard shipping rate or opted for free delivery.

Don't let the terrorists in Israel win. Please donate to UNRWA now!

https://donate.unrwa.org/-landing-page/en_EN

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Toast

Depends on the item. I got a lemon squeezer next day. Some other stuff is taking longer. There are supply chain delays in general as shipping is avoiding the gulf for geopolitical reasons currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Yes I noticed this as well , was getting most orders within a couple of days or even next day now a lot taking up to a week and some even have delivery dates further out than that .. excepted delivery dates are being missed fairly regularly

• Registered Users Posts: 6,637 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

I always notice a drop off in dispatch times after Christmas. I often wonder if its because Amazon get rid of staff after the Christmas rush?

Delivery times are fairly constant its the dispatch times that can vary greatly, without prime I'd regularly wait over a week for dispatch with prime its normally within 24hours of order but this time of year can be 48hours.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,726 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Another order now where it's split up into separate orders

must be the new normal when ordering several items

Makes returning a few items a pain though, although I was able to return a few items from several orders in one package before by chatting to them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,487 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Every item I'm ordering is coming as a separate order now, regardles of how I I order it. I ordered two of the same item, and they arrived in two seperate packages on the same time (ordered at the same time).

I've also noticed that there's an extra day or two at least per delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 6,267 ✭✭✭con747

How are people who bought the mouse finding battery life? I have it connected to my chrome book so I can't download the software to turn the led's off and find it needs charging every day after about 12+ hours of use. Tried both connections and similar usage times.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭jj880

I love using it but yeah battery life not great.

I have to use the cable + extender + dongle so when it needs charging I just take the cable out of the extender and plug into the mouse and carry on. The cable so flexible I don't even notice it. Will probably end up just leaving it cabled soon as Im using it on a desk with tower.

So much for the specs/reviews so! "In Bluetooth and low-power 2.4GHz mode, expect up to 180 hours" It's still a bargain though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭jj880

😆 Maybe you can get it cabled to a PC one time, install the steelseries software and load a battery saver LED preset onto it. I really like the default LED config though so cabled it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭spuddy

At least you got the right one, having waited since before Xmas, a 27" model turned up instead. They are now asking me to send it back for a refund. I was looking really forward to my 34" monitor. There's none of comparable price on Amazon. Suggestions?

Sorry to hear about that. I haven't been following the thread for that long but how much was the monitor you were interested in on Amazon?

Curry's currently has a Philips 34 monitor for pick up or delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

I’m using the mouse with my work laptop, and don’t have the rights to download the software onto it. If I downloaded the software on my personal laptop, turned off the LEDs to save the battery life, would it still hold the settings when used on my work laptop?

I would imagine it should, that's what I will have to do with mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭spuddy

Cheers, it was approx 160 GBP. To add insult to injury, the return label isn't pre-paid. They really are taking the p***

• Registered Users Posts: 43,867 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Get onto CS and ask them to issue you a prepaid label.. it's their mistake at the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭SourSessions

They probably won't issue you a prepaid label - they just don't seem to be able to unless the item can be returned to the Irish warehouse. They should be able to give you a guarantee you'll be refunded the cost of returning though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,620 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Just a quick review before I set them up my way.

Their delivery estimate was Thursday, actually arrived today, 2 days early. Nice.

Boxes not really damaged, just opened and resealed. Some minor scratches on the boxes alright, but in fact, it's not boxes I bought.

One is missing LAN cable, another one came without manual. Nothing serious.

Both powering up. Once I set them up my way, will let you know.

On my most recent orders, some of the items, especially the most expensive ones, have been very poorly packaged with just using a paper envelope and no added protection of the item itself.

Strangely, the cheapest items, USB extension cables came in proper cardboard envelopes.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,014 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Nope. My wife returned an item yesterday which was going to Dunfermline in Scotland and she had a prepaid label. She emailed a copy of the postage receipt and got a reply within half an hour saying the refund for the returned item together with postage costs would be processed upon receipt of the item. Can't beat that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Surely you wouldn't have or need to send a postage receipt if you have a prepaid label?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Danmj

Same as you, 27" monitor turned up today, rang them and offered me 10% discount or refund if I return it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Why were there postage costs if it was a prepaid label?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,014 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Sorry, my bad. I meant to say a print out label.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭ozmo

Same - all were fine though - maybe they know the Amazon drivers are more careful with packages.

- got some amount of excessive packaging on small cheap items in the past in huge boxes - im fine with minimal packaging as long as items are intact.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Housefree

Was it a Philips 27" or some other brand?

I'm a bit disappointed the 34" will only display PS5 at full HD, doesn't seem to support 1440p on it. Have to have a play with it, but expected plug and play

Unfortunately that hasn't been my experience the motherboard that I have now hopefully returned successfully had a big dent in its original box. So the envelope didn't do a very good job of protecting it.

Hopefully, me and others who have had a similar experience are giving Amazon feedback, so they might consider changing how they package some items.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Danmj

philips 27m1c3200 is the model, only arrived today and I had bought it for my son. Rang to complain and look for replacement but no joy I ended up getting 20% off what I paid so I went with that to avoid hassle of returns

• Registered Users Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Amazon delivery just throwing stuff over my gate recently.

Added some instructions to my shipping details (in the only free text box there) not to do this. And to put in postbox or leave at door and ring door bell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Toast

Have had 2 bad experiences with "like new" warehouse things. First was a POE adaptor which was dead on arrival. Second was an AP with part of the mounting missing. I can only imagine people are swapping out good equipment and stealing bits they lost and sending back and then Amazon are doing no checking. Hardly worth the few quid in savings with the hassle.

Advertisement