Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Threads where posters need help making basic decisions

• 16-01-2024 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭

There's been quite a spate of these recently, and by recently, I mean over the last 2/3 years.

To be clear, I'm not talking about threads started by posters looking for advice as regards serious life issues such as going through a divorce, separation, business falling-out, court case, dealing with significant mental or physical illness - all fair enough and grist to the mill.

I'm talking about threads started by members who apparently can't make basic day-to-day decisions without going to boards and seeking confirmation/validation.

If by the age of 18 you haven't learned how to tie your own shoe laces, wipe your arse after going to the toilet if it's a number two, do basic arithmetic, etc, then taking to the internet isn't going to solve your problems.

Comments

Advertisement