Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Global warming

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,709 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

"I have done lots of research over the years,"

Really! Where have you published? Can you share some of the links?

Consuming content and forming opinions isn't research. Research involves investigation and discussion. Consuming content is no different than watching Youtube cat videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭thinkabouit

No, waste of time with you. Not gonna bother anymore.

All evidence & processes have been provided so far. And can be found on fixed deserts.com

No, waste of time with you. Not gonna bother anymore.

All evidence & processes have been provided so far. And can be found on fixed deserts.com

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,846 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

actually, tell us about your research about plants not absorbing CO2 anymore, first, and then we'll answer your question for you? deal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,592 ✭✭✭cfuserkildare

Typical,

Divert instead of answer my question,

Since when did Boards become the hiding place for modern Irish Fascism?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

In fairness, you seemed to be preparing to make an outlandish claim.... When caught out, you claim fascism. 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭Shoog

The religiously inclined have no need for evidence or science, they deal in messiahs and miracles.

Your vegan cult is the new Catholic Church, and deeply flawed.

Peer review is academia, not science. Even Albert Einstein hated peer review.

A peer review is like asking the best candle maker in the world what he thinks about electric light’s.

Peer review is how we share ideas and verify that they are true. Collect evidence and present it to your peers to let them find any flaws.

No evidence means no chance to find the flaws, which is religion not science.

Your a religious fanatic you just don't know it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,846 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

asking you to back up your claims is fascist? whut?

• Advertisement

Yeh,

No I didn't.

I have put forward a few ideas yet they have been shouted down without any scientific argument.

Tell me, is axial Precession a fairy tale?

Is the initial graph I posted ( from the Smithsonian Institute) untrue?

Is the geological record wrong?

Is the shape of the Earth's Orbit around the sun not a factor in Warming the freezing phases?

Or are we to Only listen to the current media trend so that we can be both Shamed into loosing Freedom of Movement and then Over-Taxed for the privilege of possessing personal transport?

Think on this, remember when the El Nino effect was first discovered? Remember the Media's response? But once it was publicly understood it faded away?

Maybe Graham Hancock should be added to your reading lists!

He was ridiculed for his theory about precession until he was proven correct by scientists in London, Edinburgh and numerous experts in the US.

He was also ridiculed for his theory about the apocalyptic flood which heralded the final collapse of the Northern hemispheres largest ever Glacial event! Again, once scientists were attracted to look into this idea, Hancock was proven correct again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Announcement: Climate change is real, it's always been real, and will continue to be real.

Changing for evermore like it always has done since this planet was born. Changing climate for billions of years before we arrived, and now its still changing since we evolved, in other words, Man may come and go, but the climate will keep changing, warming up & cooling down, yes climate change is real - Not sure if we have much impact on it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

I think you've actually just entered the territory of outright conspiracy theories.... He's a pseudo archaeologist with no reputation.

I told you about the milankovich cycle and how it shows we should be cooling not warming. You could have gone and seen why it doesn't account for current warming - instead you come out with this comment.

As I asked before - what is the natural driver of current climate change - the specific cause. Your mantra means nothing without an account of the specific causes of change.

it's pretty common for the CTers to say, "Look at this famous person who was ostracized/banned/whatever. And they turned out to be right! So, by induction, I must be right too and famous and smart because you're trying to ostracize/ban me!"

See it all the time, often on climate-related discussions. Especially once the "They've asked me to back up my claims!" trigger is pulled.

Announcement: Hamsterchops is wrong, has always been wrong, and will continue to be wrong.

or to put it another way, starting a post with 'Announcement' is a great way of getting people to immediately disregard your post.

Orbital deviation, precession, deforestation and the fact that the largest population bases also happen to be the biggest polluters.

Orbital deviation and procession point to cooling not warming

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Maybe the irony of my "Announcement" post was lost ...

My message being that even though I accept and acknowledge climate change, and that climate change is real, I would still be labled as a climate change denier.

the human species since we got fire & tool’s We have created Man made deserts on over half the world’s land’s.

We Killed out thousand’s of species of animals in the past

And we’re still doing it today on a global scale.

Have a look at the International Space Station on YouTube, live satellite feed orbiting the planet. When you see the size & scale of entire continent’s of desert, that HAS to be having an effect of the planet warming up!

You do not accept anthropogenic climate change - you say it's natural. That makes you a denier.

Most deserts are a natural response to climate and geography. Most deserts are not man made.

If there is insufficient rain any land mass will turn into a desert. All the major deserts in the world are a consequence of insufficient rain.

you really got start looking at new knowledge shoog.

Deserts are caused by biodiversity loss On seasonal rainfall area’s.

There is nothing complex to understand in the fact that deserts are defined by a lack of rainfall. They have existed and always will exit in places where rainfall falls below a certain amount.

Deserts are primarily growing because climate change is reducing the amount of rainfall and changing the plant profile which reduced rainfall areas can sustain.

Man is only a secondary cause of desertification and mainly through the mechanism of anthropogenic climate change caused by greenhouse gas emissions.

You have wooo to sell, but I ain't buying.

If you disagree then show me the evidence that man has created the four major planetary deserts.

More analysis of deserts by an expert who fundamentally disagreed with the premise that lack of grazing causes desertification

There is a lot to learn in that article and none of it supports Savorys theories.

Savory really riles me up because he has sold an idea which far to many people want to hear, that idea is that there is a simple fix for climate change and ecological collapse and the only thing required of people is to eat more beef.

Savory is a convenient shield to the main culprits of climate change and ecological collapse, namely big oil and big agriculture - he's a willing tool as he derives most of his financing from these industries. Why would they pay him ? Because it buys them the support of those willing fools that Savory has duped and makes them less willing to push for the real but hard solutions. Savory advocates are at best wishy washy about the realities of climate change and biodiversity collapse and more typically it's a shield they use for their soft climate change denial.

As we see here, Savory advocates are zeolots acting from an unshakable faith in their saviour. They are immune to expertise and evidence and refuse to demand the sort of proof that an idea so radical demands.

Savory advocates are a minor plague.

• Advertisement

^^^ Brilliant.

Advertisement