Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold spell - 14/15th January onward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,322 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Great to see the snow pics. Well done to the lucky ones. Keep those pics coming!

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

A musician, instagram, tiktok, general SM personality. 1 of the more tolerable ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

A bit of a winter wonderland in Antrim after a heavy snow shower passed through earlier. The sun is out now.. very quiet and beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭SnowyMuckish

It has a nice dusting today, can’t get a decent photo as it’s backlit by the sun at the moment. Will post one later when I’m out and about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

They're getting plastered along the North Coast. Looks slow on Google maps along many routes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Status Yellow - Snow-Ice warning for Donegal, Leitrim, Mayo, Sligo

Extended until 6pm tomorrow

Better chance for the SW to see some snow tonight

Tonight

Tonight will be very cold with widespread frost and icy stretches. Most places staying dry with clear spells and patches of fog and freezing fog. However, some sleet and snow showers will feed into southwestern, western and northern areas. Lowest temperatures of -6 to -1 degrees in a light northwest breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭WolfeEire
    Clare (410ft asl)

It's not often everything on the radar that passes over land in Ireland is snow

www.x.com/wolfeeire

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭pauldry

According to GFS output in the days leading to this the heaviest showers remain to the North but a few will filter inland. Everything tonight will be snow with Arctic air and temperatures well down to minus 8c in some local areas. Probably minus 2 in snow showers. Game on methinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

It's just a shame they are not more widespread and frequent away from the north. That Met Eireann update is encouraging for some areas that have missed out so far though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Snowing very heavy here past 20 mins SW Donegal. A Majestic sight, too bad the ground is a bit wet for it to lie on the roads , fields etc are all white though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,632 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Great to see some people get snow, especially from a northerly,it delivers for some people

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

Such a pity the snow never aligns with Christmas anymore, always right after it.

Clare (410ft asl)

North Connacht and Donegal (Ulster generally) will do very well out of these showers over the next 24 hours.

www.x.com/wolfeeire

• Registered Users Posts: 33,610 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Bugger, looks like schools will be off tomorrow too.

It should stick readily tonight up there for you when the air temperature drops a bit more. You should have a good covering by tomorrow morning Senor Pangea.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭bazlers

Hardly ever aligns for winter never mind Christmas!

Snowing in letterkenny at the moment 5m asl

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

Nearly everywhere is getting a blast of snow, my wee pal from school sent a clip of the snow belting it down in St Helier last night and this morning, my mate just posting a video of Inverness, looks like a bloody winter wonderland..

• Advertisement
    Clare (410ft asl)

Showers moving SSE

www.x.com/wolfeeire

Showers getting closer, temp rising here. Up to +3.6oC at the latest report.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,176 ✭✭✭squonk

First thing I think I’ve seen showers approaching the north coast registering as snow over the sea.

Belmullet recording snow 3pm

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

A few photos from Donegal:

Glenveagh National Park in the background.

Muckish Mountain.

Even an old scrapyard looks well in this weather.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Looks like I could have had an ice day except for a couple of hours overnight, foggy/cloudy all day. Still -1.4°C N Tipp

Seven Worlds will Collide

I see some beefy looking showers to the west of me, but since that prolonged shower this morning we've had none bar a 5 minute very light shower. Also the temperature has risen more than I expected it too during the day as most of the snow out in the open has in fact melted away. The North really has a different climate when it comes to snowfall. I am still hoping some surprise feature might pop between now and tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭smallwonder

I can't believe how quickly that snow shower came in! One minute I'm walking the beach and next thing I'm driving through a snow blizzard. Still falling lightly on the NW Donegal coast. Everything is magically white but the roads are thankfully clear...for now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Just frosty here in carrick last night temperatures didn't rise above 0.3c all day so almost an ice day, hopefully i get a flurrie of snow before Saturday as by then temperatures will be 13c across most of Ireland

• Advertisement

Snowy looking cloud to my North, it does look to be drifting east of me, reports of snow shower in Tuam.

Advertisement