Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,924 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I have Prime and I think it’s grand , though I’m in ni , which is alot cheaper than roi . Plus I forgot about the soccer games they carried .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People who get on the bus and then start rummaging for their Leap card.

(Yes, I really hate the bus.)

• social media accounts for pets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

£65 quid for (seriously I counted) a 30 second teeth cleaning at the dentist there. Fcuk me.

Also how do some people manage to walk on icy footpaths like they're on a catwalk? I'm here waddling like a duck and still slipped twice and I'm getting overtaken by elderly folk just strolling along without a care.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

My other personal favourite (not) used to be in pre-leap card days, when you could buy eg 10 journey tickets.

Someone would get on the bus with several tickets carefully stowed in a wallet. Try the first one, nope, used up. The next one, nope, used up. Eventually hit on the right one, happy days. Maybe we can get moving again now.

But would they throw the dead tickets into the bin provided? No, why would they!

Instead, stash them all back in the wallet for tomorrow - and repeat the whole performance. 🥴

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I wish I had paid peanuts... I got faeces-throwing monkeys all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,310 ✭✭✭✭blade1

• Registered Users Posts: 33,493 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

It's all in the sole.

I have loads of trainers and shoes that are great in wet, but one pair of Nike that I nearly break my neck in, every time I wear them. Zero grip.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Forgetting my leap card 😡

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I find that if I slide my feet on icy or frosty paths as if I were skating it's much safer to move about without slipping - I guess it's a "controlled" slide. It doesn't work on slopes, unfortunately...

These yokes are great, too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭apache

Have a pair. Brilliant altogether.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Have those too. Absolute saviour for me getting to work a few times, wouldn't fit on my New Rocks though 😔

Switch to ballerina shoes for the winter. 😂

Haha though them studs saved me in that 2010 madness, my 25 minute walk to work became an hour or I possibly wouldn't have got there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I haven't posted in this thread for a while, even though I've loads of annoyances. Several ongoing ones relate to my bike.

Last Thursday, I was cycling to work and as I approached the traffic lights, they went green. Great! Except the third car from the front doesn't move until I almost stop, meaning I've to restart in the wrong gear. Then, a noise...and my bike stops moving due to a snapped chain.

I wheeled the bike into work (not good for the back!) and after work, dropped it into the local bike shop. I got the bike back on Saturday morning, with the chain rattling slightly but I thought nothing of it.

On Monday morning going into work, the chain snapped again. This time I was going at a steady pace so I didn't know what the problem was. When I got to work (Ouch! Me back!) I compare the old and new chains. The new one was 2 links shorter. That probably didn't help the bike's performance.

I brought it back again to the bike shop, and they apologised and fixed it for free. Nice one! Except on the way home, the chain seized up again. 🙄 The bike is with them again now, and if it doesn't work this time, I'm giving up...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I had a pair of them back in 2010 but they didn't fit well because of my boot size and style. I walked to work one of the first days, and getting there realised that one of them was missing. When the snow (and then slush) disappeared, I found the missing foot-grip-thing about 3 metres outside my front gate. 😄

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

My bike related annoyance - key snapped off as I was locking it up outside work. Gonna have to get some bolt cutters.

My other minor annoyance - Stickers that don't have a split in the backing that would make it far easier to peel it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,310 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Out now, clean and a polish, €15 all in and good for 6 months.

My TA is, I just tried to use a one4all voucher in Tesco but it wouldn't scan because it had a crease. 🙄

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,485 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

A company I interviewed for in December is hiring. I made the final two before getting rejected. Their feedback was that I'd be a great fit but they were concerned that it's been a while since I did certain things at work but that I should apply again.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

People going around with bare ankles and ripped jeans. It's 1 degree! (Real feel -3 according to my phone.)

• Advertisement

No matter what day or time of day it is I see lads in shorts.. The cherry on top is that they usually have a beanie, scarf and puffa jacket in.. The mind boggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Parents wearing shorts at school drop offs and pick ups. Extra points if they also have flip flops on.

Made even more annoying when you've just had a ten minute battle over coat wearing and wrapping up warm!

Ah yes, the "Shorts in all weather" brigade. I've no idea what they're trying to prove.

The bare ankles and ripped jeans crowd tend to just be dozy young ones. My 14 year old niece is probably out in a crop-top and an unzipped North Face jacket as we speak. It just wouldn't occur to her to deviate from her "uniform".

• Registered Users Posts: 13,924 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

It’s annoying , but my own fault for boasting about how my sleep cycle was back on track , but I slept on until nearly 3pm . And that was without my zzz tablets .

Plus whatever way I sleep in bed I’m constantly waking up with a sore back . Perhaps I need a new mattress and pillows .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭Archeron

When you finally reach your car on a freezing cold day, all windows clear, nice, ready to tootle off home.

Once seated, you breathe out and apparently exhale about 500 litres of water vapour and every window immediately fogs up meaning you have to sit there shivering until the heater kicks in and clears it.

I honestly didn't think there was that much water in me, never mind in my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

In the last 2 hours I've had 3 "cold callers" knocking at the door......I seriously don't care what you're selling I'm not having a conversation in the cold and dark.

I don't envy the job so try to be polite but please FO , it's cold therefore I'm grumpy and you've disturbed me!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,286 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Went to procure my favourite hair fibre, the shop had every other one but the one I wanted…. Tried Boots, another pharmacy type place, as well as a supermarket and nobody has it. Eventually popped in to a posh gentleman’s barbers and they sell them , but 19 euros for 85 grams of hair fibre… marvellous….

Then I look online now, a place selling a box of 4, the same size for 18.70. That’s 4 for 18.70… It’s reduced ok but that doesn’t make the pain lessen 🫣🤪

What's hair fibre? TA I have no idea how to do tomorrow weather wise

• Registered Users Posts: 30,481 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I always find the shorts and coat thing is to show their a hardman with bare legs whilst in Northface/Canada Goose Jacket.

Whilst I wouldn't love the look the bare akle thing with suits look awful to me. A fella in black tie suit with black shoes and his bright white pasty ankles does not look good.

• Advertisement

Try using a travel pillow, the horse-shoe shaped ones. Watch out because some of the memory foam ones can be deceptively hard and give you a sore neck/ nape, but in general I found them to be excellent for head/ neck support when lying down, and the hole in the middle is perfect for not getting your ears squished.

It's probably just whatever humidity is already in the car that condenses inside the car when it "crashes" against the heat of your breath.

Get yourself one of these, they make a huge difference in just a few days and they are reusable: https://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-accessories/interior-car-accessories/simply-reuseable-car-dehumidifier-350g-720790.html

Or get a moisture trap like his (some are refillable).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement