Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,299 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

A car that has been parked up at the entrance to the road I live on for the past 6 years (verified by Google Maps) being towed away or 'disappeared' as some would say, it was kind of parked between 3 spaces and taking the p word, no valid discs on the windows in these years, I'd openly celebrate only some would accuse me of organising it 😂.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭Archeron

Good buses. Went for a 20km walk. 10km there and 10km back. When i got to the the 10km point, it started to ice cold rain and i realized i was knackered. I was not looking forward to the return leg in any way.

Spotted a bus stop, and after five minutes waiting, 1.90 fare and a nine minute drive, was back at my car with no being soaked.

And even better, it was one of those tinchy little baby buses, so it felt like i was an episode of postman pat.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

getting my coffee, danish and €1 yellow snackbar just nano seconds before half dozen construction workers came in for theirs this morning at the local Circle K

• Registered Users Posts: 38,271 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I'd say winning an All Ireland club is something else in terms of excitement esp a whole village been invested

• Registered Users Posts: 13,903 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That I seem to be back to normal hours for sleeping etc . It coincides with my bowel / stomach movements being better. It dawned on me reading my posts in the etiquette . Happy days 😷

edit , I was putting it down to having a few Guinness nitro surge cans . It may have did the trick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I have long been a fan of foreign language drama, since moving back its been mostly on BBC/Channel 4,

that th about this is that the majority of the theme tunes are wonderful pieces of music, not at all the kind of thing heard on us/gb progs.

Makes tuning in a kind of occasion really.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,278 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

When people just overstep the mark allowing you to see the ‘real’ them, the real agenda, goes for businesses too. 💁🏻‍♂️

Ah , I remember back in the day watching foreign language films on channel 4 late at night. They even put a red triangle on the screen so you knew it was good 😷

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Fionne

The stand back and admire moment when you've done something, whether it's redecorating or just giving a room a good clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Fishing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HairyCabbage

Tried to start a new thread like this but was kindly informed of this one! :L

January is cold and dark. I need lose weight for my health and I need to save money for many reasons! Without indulging in food the way I usually do and without spending on online shopping, coffees and entertainment I'm feeling a bit flat! So I thought I'd ask: what small things do you do each day/week that bring you joy?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

227 pages of it - you'd better start reading if you want to catch up! 😄

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Solitude.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I made a beef curry in the slow cooker yesterday, TH that I had to deviate from the recipe a bit due to what I did or didn't have at home but it turned out absolutely delicious. Also TH I'll be having some more of it at lunch time 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 12,981 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I'm flying to Chicago and back in April, Aer Lingus, and on the way back I upgraded to Business Class. I can never sleep on planes because the seats don't recline much, so I'll find out whether I can sleep, flat, after a nice meal and drinks. I got one of the best seats, a "throne seat" with no seat neighbour and extra space on both sides.

The only disappointment was to do with the Swissport Business Class lounge at O'Hare T5, the one used by many airlines and which is the worst-reviewed airline lounge I've seen. I looked at pictures and reports, and it's really bad.

Well, Aer Lingus just emailed to say that they're moving to T3 at O'Hare, before my flight, and Aer Lingus Business Class passengers will be able to use the American Airlines Flagship lounge, which is much better. It's a trivial thing if you fly Business Class all the time, but this will be my first time. Happy.

Post edited by bnt on

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HairyCabbage

I know! There needs to be a summary of the highlights! 😂

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

I normally go home for lunch but I enjoy heading out with a few work colleges on Fridays. We rotate between different places for Mexican, Falafel, Burgers, Asian etc. with new places being tried occasionally. I like having something to look forward to. Keeps me motivated, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,411 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I got my good winter coat out of the wardrobe. It is down filled and super warm. I could probably walk to the North Pole in it. The TH is I found 15 euro in the pocket

• Registered Users Posts: 12,307 ✭✭✭✭blade1

TH now! 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Scipri0

The sunrises and sunsets are something else when the weather is this clear and fresh!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,273 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Well....does it get the blade1 seal of approval? 🤔

A million percent 🤣🤣

I deprive myself of way too much to keep in some sort of shape but I'll make an exception for that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,273 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Well I've no choice so...........I'm gonna have to buy a carton for myself 😄

TH fixing a infinite loop bug in the card game I'm making, I love when you solve a bug yourself, really satisfying feeling 👊 💪

Be warned, it's a slippery slope.

You might be better off getting something less addictive....like crack cocaine or something 🙊🙊

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Scipri0

Last night at about 3:40am i could see nice moonlight coming in through the curtains so had a look out the bedroom window and could see both the moon and Jupiter. I don't know what it is, but it's a nice feeling when it's that time of the year You can hardly see the moon from my Bedroom, so it's nice when it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

Supping down a bowl of broth on a wet, windy, wintry evening.

My burner is working again . Heat lovely heat coming my way so I can take off my winter coat 😷😷

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭wildwillow

The M7 /M8.

I have been doing a return journey to Cork from North Kildare a few times a week lately and the motorway is just a dream. In earlier years I negotiated the old road regularly on my way from Dublin to west Cork. One could trail a lorry for mile upon mile without getting a safe opportunity to overtake and Dublin to Cork city could take 4 hours or more, depending on the traffic in every town and village on the way.

So I am happy to pay the tolls on these trips. The fuel saving would easily cover the cost and the road is so much safer.

But I do find road tolls are unfair, as some roads are toll free while others will have them forever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,908 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

When you manage to open the string on a sack of potatoes, or coal , and it unravels happily the first time! Simple things!

Advertisement