Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭aidanodr

• Registered Users Posts: 7,338 ✭✭✭volchitsa

But oddly you can’t explain how I’m doing that when I was part of the original discussion that you jumped into.

Okaay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭dmcdona

Here you go again...

You really need to get yourself out of that rant mode and cop on. You can continue to have a moan at each and every poster who posts something you don't like. Or you can maturely debate the subject matter.

Or just ignore the outliers.

But you've made your bed it seems.

Perhaps give everyone your thoughts on the IDF, Israeli statements they will reduce the campaign, then increase it, the ICJ case, the humanitarian situation etc...

War crimes by Israel continue to rack up.

"Israel has stepped up its assault on Khan Younis in southern Gaza, pushing tanks westwards and prompting accusations from Jordan that its field hospital in the city had been badly damaged by nearby shelling.

The Jordanian army said it held Israel responsible for a "flagrant breach of international law" in what it said was the damage to the facility as a result of Israeli shelling in the vicinity. There was no immediate comment from the Israeli military."

• Advertisement

Hostages to get medical aid.

Assuming IDF doesn't kill them first of course.

IDF doesn't even respect the dead.

If the ICJ are keeping a watching brief on events since SA submitted their evidence in December, any notion they had of either not specifying interim measures or not finding Israel guilty of genocide must be rapidly dwindling.

For those still alive, Israel appears to be happy enough to starve them to death.

The ad-hoc Israeli judge must be horrified and mortified.

From CNN

• Israeli forces are moving toward a key hospital in southern Gaza, prompting patients and sheltering civilians to flee. "The hospital is shaking and there is panic," a doctor said from Khan Younis.
    • At least 10,600 children have been killed in Israeli attacks in Gaza since October 7, the Hamas-run health ministry said. The UN emergency relief chief warned Israel's war has brought famine with "such incredible speed." Meanwhile, the Gaza Strip has been under a near-total internet blackout since Friday.

Palestinians check damaged graves at a cemetery following an Israeli raid in Khan Younis, Gaza, on January 17. Ahmed Zakot/Reuters

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

There are militant groups based in Pakistan who launch raids in Iran, and I guess Iran are trying to show that if the US, Israel and Turkey can launch cross border strikes so can we

• Registered Users Posts: 51,743 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

It would be extremely foolish to expect that someone in Gaza who has lost a family member because of IDF actions to say ' Ah that's alright, carry on'. People would want Justice but not get it from the Israelis and of course would turn towards Hamas in order to get retribution. To think otherwise would be very foolish. This is why the ranks of Hames will swell rather than diminish as many posters have already stated.

The Israelis created Hamas and are now ensuring that it stays and actually grows. Amazing that they don't see this .... or maybe they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Hey boy

Sorry, I’m confused now as the post I quoted was the one the other poster referenced.

Edit, I see he has now again referenced the same post I did so on this rare occasion I might actually have understood this correctly lol. No doubt next time I will mess up.

• Advertisement

If you want to know who the specific poster is was then, yes, as I am happy that’s the case as presumably are the other posters who thanked that particular post of mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Indeed.

Here's some medicine, enjoy it before you starve to death or we blow up you and your kids.

Israel doing their best to create a famine.

For the avoidance of doubt I am not accusing you of supporting Hamas.

I state this in case it’s me you have in mind in this post!

We’ve been over this.

Many other people (inc many Gazans) would blame Hamas. See evidence previously posted.

Israeli press not impressed.

Haaretz is behind a paywall. I believe there is a method (archive) to retrieve these articles.

Here are a selected few lines:

"It was very lucky for Israel that South Africa chose to accuse it specifically of genocide, a crime that's almost impossible to prove in court. Or maybe it wasn't luck, but necessity. After all, that was the only way to force Israel to show up promptly at the International Court of Justice, in the hope that the court would issue a few provisional orders with teeth.

But South Africa thereby gave Israel a golden opportunity to rise up in photogenic outrage over the accusation that Jews – Jews! – are committing genocide, and so divert the discussion from all the other atrocities it is perpetrating in the Gaza Strip."

"Israel's Army Drafted and Armed Thousands of Settlers. Accounts of Their Violence Are Piling Up"

"For Arab Israelis, Even Wartime Patriotism Is Not a Shield From Unvarnished Racism

One would imagine that if failing to support Israel during the war would damage Arab-Israeli women's careers, then, conversely, those who support Israel's cause would be rewarded, not punished. But this week's news about TV personality Lucy Aharish shows hostility toward Arabs crosses political lines"

No - you didn't and I know you didn't. But others did. And they know who they are.

There was a rake of posts accusing me of supporting a poster who supported Hamas. Bad faith posters claimed I directly quoted that poster and then linked me to supporting them and therefore Hamas. Those posters then effectively told me to butt out of their conversations - whilst equally feeling privileged to butt into anyone else's conversation of their choosing.

You are not one of them.

Well the Gazans didn't bomb the Jordanian hospital or any other hospital or kill 10,000 children or nuns or Press etc.

"Is it me or is it you?"

As well as the military situation getting worse by the day and other countries getting involved, the legal situation for Israel continues to rack up too.

The fact that all these actions are against Israel is indicative of the rest of world finally waking up to what Israel is doing and saying "enough".

The rest of the world also sees clearly through Israeli lies - "military action is being wound down" vs "Residents of Khan Younis in southern Gaza say they have faced one of the most intense nights of air strikes since the start of Israel's offensive."

And all through this, the civilian population of Gaza suffers - particularly the 10,700 children.

"On February 19 – that is, in a little over a month – the court will once again convene to discuss Israel. The UN General Assembly asked it to do so. The full name of the requested advisory opinion is "Legal Consequences arising from the Policies and Practices of Israel in the Occupied Palestinian Territory, including East Jerusalem.""

Source: Haaretz

• Registered Users Posts: 16,739 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

It seems like a lot of hot air from them. Did they make this sort of threat when the US military were were carrying out drone strikes against threats to their national security in Pakistan? What is the difference exactly?

https://archive.ph/5HGxe

And still some posters can't bring themselves to criticise this cretin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭jmreire

Post edited by jmreire on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Looking at some of the posts here, should we be worried about certain posters crossings the boarder to the North to rape, mutilate, kill, kidnap, record their crimes and stream them to their supporters? Or do these posters only care about conflicts on the other side of the world?

And, as you know, had Hamas not had a great day out on 7th Oct then the IDF would not be in Gaza.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

And if the Brits dropped a bomb on your house and blew your legs off because they thought that those posters lived in the house beside yours, would you think they were right to do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

And that’s the very reason people didn’t vote for Sinn Fein in the republic during the troubles.

Post edited by Potatoeman on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭jmreire

Thanks Nacho, yes wrong thread, but its removed now.i

They don't need to be in Gaza to kill Gazan civilians:

April 2018

"Israeli soldiers opened fire on a gathering of thousands near the border between Gaza and Israel, ultimately killing 18 Palestinians and reportedlywounding some 700 more. The demonstration was organized to mark "Land Day," an annual commemoration of Palestinian civil resistance, and video evidence has since emerged indicating that at least some of the protestors gunned down from a distance on Friday were either carrying no weapons or actively fleeing—or both."

And if the IDF couldn't get their kicks in Gaza, they have always been able to sate their thirst for killing in the West Bank or watching on as the Jewish Settlers killed civilians to steal their land.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,338 ✭✭✭volchitsa

If you mean I quoted you quoting them, that's not true.

Not have I accused you of supporting Hamas. I've said that you're not describing what actually happened earlier.

Unless of course you mean someone else entirely - but since you said I had a poor memory when I said previously that I'd never said you replied directly to the Hamas supporter, I suspect it's me you meant. But I never said that.

• Advertisement

You do know that it didn't begin on Oct 7th though. Over 50,000 Palestinians had died at the hands of Israel in the years after 1947, many murdered just for being Palestinian and long before Hamas existed.

Advertisement