Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General gaming discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭PixelPlayer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,844 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Your airplane runs out of petrol at 30,000 feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,844 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Redfall is a good example of the benefits of the subscription model. That studio wasn't shut down after the game "failed to meet expectations".

The subscription income balances the risks.

They were able to keep working on it and from what I've heard it's actually meant to be good now.

Post edited by Grumpypants on

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Luna84

I thought Starfield was brilliant. I put over 110 hours into it. Halo Infinite was brilliant as well.(single player) I didn't play the online though but I did see they completely changed the maps as in it was in a setup like COD rather than a Halo location. Maybe they changed it since but I don't play online games so I do not know.

edit: I know I forgot to quote the original post and I'm not going back searching for it. Grumpypants though above did quote the post I am replying to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,870 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Here's a load of games running at 60 frames per second on a hacked PlayStation 5. It's a real shame they are not official and not free updates.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,217 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It unfortunately doesn't make sense when these games aren't been pushed for sales on console. They have to go through a certification process which costs money.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

My guys! I've had this pop up a couple of times in my YouTube feed over the past week, and it got me wondering if there'd be any interest amongst boardsies for a Fantasy Critic league? If you're unfamiliar, players in the league take it in turns to choose games due for release in 2024 (via a draft system) and then you score points based on how well the game does on opencritic.com. Thought it might be a bit of craic.

Here's the site's basic How to Play page. If there's enough interest, I'll start a dedicated thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Kinda Funny have done it for the last few years and posted their draft earlier this week

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,273 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Oh cool idea; I'll volunteer for Silksong & I'll never actually have to give a review 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭MikeRyan87

Thoughts on Developer Direct tonight? Looking forward to seeing some of Indiana Jones and Avowed.

Hellblade II needs a date badly.

Prediction..Perfect Dark will be shown and it will look mediocre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭recyclops

Indiana Jones to be shown and look like an uncharted clone which will be great as Indy is less annoying than Nathan Drake and it should include Nazis which is a bonus as an enemy.

Your right with Hellblade needs to be shown but people need to consider what to expect, the first was a magnificient game, I think people are expecting something akin to God of War which would be a disaster as thats a completely different genre.

Hopefully get a better peak at fable as really interested on what playground can do with that

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,319 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

PD won't be shown, still way too early for that, and I just don't think that the Crystal Dynamics people working on it would allow it to look mediocre, their Tomb Raider games are still great looking.

Big question is whether there'll be another shadow drop like HiFi Rush.

ABK games coming to Game Pass, would like news on that front.

HellBlade 2 is almost a certainty at this stage, and a date would be very welcome.

And then, of course, there's Game Pass Game Pass Game Pass Etc etc.....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,382 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

They will confirm a Hi-Fi Rush port for Switch and it'll still be the best game* on display.

*no insult intended to the other games, Hi-Fi Rush is simply god-tier.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,784 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Sounds fun, let us know when you have a the league setup and I'll join!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Cool. Hopefully we can get at least 5 or 6 people interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭PixelPlayer

I know what you meant, but Indiana Jones looking like an Uncharted clone? Are you sure you got that tbe right way around? 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭recyclops

Sadly its going to be the biggest stick to beat the game with in some eyes regardless of how it plays. Less yellow paint and I will be happy

• Registered Users Posts: 29,016 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

No yellow paint but you can use Archaeologist-vision by pressing L3.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,382 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

‘Press X to look away from the Ark of the Covenant’

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,273 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

If there isn't at least one boss fight you can instantly win by just shooting the guy, I'll be very disappointed.

• Advertisement

Were the last 2 Indiana Jones movies computer games anyway ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,217 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I can't help but imagine it will just be a carbon copy of tired game mechanics but I'd love it to be a metroidvania sort of like Arkham asylum. Saying that, the two La Mulana games are still the best Indiana Jones style games ever made and I don't see that changing.

The truly odd thing will be if they go for "realistic" graphics, the video game Indy won't be any less realistic than the de-aged CGI corpse they had running about in 2023's most pointless movie, Dial of Destiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,859 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Gotta be at least one in there.

Jedi Survivor did a one-hit boss with Rick the Door Technician and it was equally brilliant and hysterical.

Spiderman 2 on PS2 did it first and won't be topped. Although you could also say earthworm Jim did it even earlier although I appreciate mysterio's epic health meter beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,859 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

They might have done it first but Rick tops it for me. Excellently placed after a crushing set-piece. Dialogue was on point. Massive health bar. Stress followed by belly laughs. It was brilliant.

Either way, it should be somewhere in Indiana Jones. Would be an easy yet wonderful call-back.

So, how come the Xbox forum is the most popular forum ...

Oh yeah, that was it. I knew there was a game that kinda had that moment recently but couldn't remember. Ta

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,016 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

What were the PS2/Wii era Indiana Jones games like? Staff of Kings and some other one.

Advertisement