Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭johnbarrett35

The batteries are a problem, but it was the incompetence of the medical staff that compounded the problem, Joe!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,406 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Swallied a 2p coin way back when......in de middle of mass of all things......no X-ray, hospital said it'd come out eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 17,994 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Next week, Mary from Ballyer talks to Joe about how her beautiful golden retriever Lady doied after eating some chocolate. Joe launches a campaign against the dangers of chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Fackin hell me sun who is free,woz dawn the town, etc cam on you cant 😛

He's going down the bad bad batteries route bizarrely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,664 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

I suppose he eventually got his Euro back with a trace of faecal matter on it.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Haven’t had a token Engerlish wimmin cawlur on in a good two days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

it will soon be out his hoop

• Registered Users Posts: 7,270 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

I was just about to say, is this a hangover from his headshop campaign?

I used to be a babysitter, and you have to watch everything they do. Its not just batteries. Its any little thing.

Meanwhile, I caught the 6 year old trying to put a can of coke into the microwave.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭touts

This is a "I'm too bloody stupid to be a parent and I need to be compensated by the taxpayer because the government didn't stop me having children" episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭Deeec

This is going to be a long story

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Dr Karl

The child won't get access to the money until he is 18. The courts will manage the money until then. Plus the tabloids don't pay like they use to.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,688 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

What a grotesque, abhorrent accent this 1 has. Radio off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭avfc1874

He swallowed the euro 😏

After four days there was no change 😛

I'll get me coat

• Registered Users Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Joe was impressed with the HSE answer; it was a flat battery so there was no charge on the bill.

"And to my surprise, Joe, he shat out a tenner."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭Deeec

It came out - so no point in this wan telling her story at all

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

• Registered Users Posts: 17,738 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Was the €1 returned with any interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Sorolla

Julie - go raibh maith agat

wTF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,860 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I replaced 2 in me car keys only last week, I better bring the empties to Sellafield to be cast in concrete.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,694 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

the danger of having idiots masquerading as doctors is far worse than button batteries

• Registered Users Posts: 15,406 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

All we can do is ban dose hearing aids den

Tough sh1t kids

The euro came out and had turned black?

Sounds like the young fella was eating all sorts of things when the mother wasn't looking and the euro is still in there.

Veronika: Adding in my tuppence worth of common sense.

Mother of child with hearing aid comes on for 30 seconda and basically points out to Joe that he is talking through his arse in trying to get these button batteries banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Sorolla

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭archfi

The lesson isn't the danger of small objects like button batteries as all parents would know anyhow, it's the danger of deifying GPs, medical staff etc especially when your gut is telling you somethings up!

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Advertisement

• Very typical. The presumptions they make about how patients are when well.

When my Dad had his first major stroke that paralysed his right side, he asked my mother to call the doctor, his speech was going too. GP arrived, said he was numb from lying on his side and ignored his speech issue. Early morning he was completely paralysed, my mother called GP again, the senior man arrived and said it was a stroke, called the ambulance.

I’m still attending the GP who said his neuro issues were from lying on his side. No wonder he neglected acting on my mentioning a of feet, legs, hands etc going funny. Whoy do I still attend him? Because he’s extremely pleasant, gives time, good with mental health aspects, gentle, patient, and I can see him in a timely fashion.

My mother used to say: he’s great as long as you tell him what’s wrong with you. She used to add in tears to her blood test orders, one she made a typo & spelt FSH instead of TSH, the lawyer being for thyroid check. She got the shocking result that she was infertile in her 80s. Ray Farcy read out this anecdote submitted by the practice secretary.

Advertisement