Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iran going nuclear or already there ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭deirdremf

I really wonder where you get your information, because this is the second time in two days that you have got it wrong.

Have a look at this, for instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭saabsaab

One of these days some state or terrorist group will start a nuclear war..amazing it hasn't happened since 1945

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

No I'm not Wrong.....

They copy and rebadge Russian weapons and in the case of aircraft they are American F5s they have had since the late 50s early that they changed the name of

• Advertisement

That reminds me before you run away again,

What US weapons have they captured and improved something that you previously posted before legging it

Imagine a rouge state like Iran actually attacking a neighbour that actually had nuclear weapons,

Nobody predicted that the Pakistanis would be the first country this year to actually bomb Iran , so they pissed off the Taliban who almost over ran there border post, they pissed off the Israelis ,US ,and now Pakistan.....

It's time for a change in Iran

I replied to you, posted about the US drone that they captured, not going to look for the link again. You know, the one they took apart and started making copies of and then made improvements on which are now being used in Ukraine.

No you claimed that they improved it ,

How did they improve it exactly ,

Ehhh no they are not being used in Ukraine, the Shahed drones aren't copies or improved US drones or Tech 😂

Have a look at the link. They produce their own passenger aircraft, for gods sake. Those things that carry groups of people through the sky, and have to be reliable or nobody would travel on them.

I have no idea where you are posting from, but you don't appear to be that well educated - and that is not an insult, simply a statement of fact. So much stuff that you post here is like a child who covers their ears and sings nah nah nah nah.

• Advertisement

No they don't....

Iran uses old US military aircraft and Russian migs they don't produce their own they adapt old planes to keep flying

Exactly, the Shahed drones are not mere copies of the US drone. They are an improvement on it i.e. they used the knowledge acquired by taking it apart to produce their own. I never said they are a version of the US drone.

As to how exactly - I'm not an engineer never mind an aeronautical engineer.

No they are not shahed drones small , uses a lawn mower motor flys over 1500 km does not contain advanced avionics, radar, surveillance cameras, satellite communications, cheap and cheery can be bought on Chinese website,one use only easy to shoot down

This is a US Reaper/Predator uses advanced avionics, Radar, satellite communications, advanced surveillance cameras that can monitor and photograph thousands of kilometres of lands,and can loiter over a target for up to 23 hours without the need to refuel,they also are piloted from a ground station thousands of miles away and can carry multiple bombs , missiles , torpedos

Famous for drones strikes.....

How is the Iranian drone an improvement on that

Post edited by Gatling on

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Antipathetic

Another one of your claims without evidence.

Are you ever going to post a link to a reliable source to back up at least some of the things that you say?

Or is your method of communication on forums just posting childish bullshit all the time?

Don't let the terrorists in Israel win. Please donate to UNRWA now!

https://donate.unrwa.org/-landing-page/en_EN

It doesn't whether Iran produces exact copies of aircraft from other countries, whether they produce versions or whether they produce aircraft designed by themselves. In all cases it requires a highly sophisticated industrial process, and a highly-educated workforce. I wonder if you actually realise that all aircraft produced in the world rely on previously-produced products? No-one sits down to design an aircraft from the beginning that doesn't use concepts from earlier aircraft.

I think it's time to put you on ignore, as you constantly show yourself to be a bad-faith actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,890 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

And yet, and yet you and some other "anti war" type posters seem to get a bit excited and aroused by the military-scientific-industrial complexes of the likes of Iran and Russia...e.g. making a little crack about performance of Iran's drones (or drone technology they provided to Russia) in Ukraine.

Maybe time to pause for self reflection...!

So no you don't have the foggiest about anything to do with arms or advanced aircraft...... Nothing to be Shamed over most people can't explain what you made up

Just looking for a little attention most of these low level accounts are

The conspiracy theory of a powerful US MIC tail wagging the government dog seems tired and dated as regards current US politics.

Ukraine needs and wants lots and lots of US weapons (vastly more than are expended by blowing up a few Iranian (!) missile/drone stockpiles in Yemen).

One side of their political system is ambivalent, or even quite hostile to supplying them.

Also, you'd wonder what governments of their allies will be thinking as they watch US politicial dysfunction starving Ukraine of weapons? If it carries on much longer, it is not really a great advert for future sales of big, key weapons systems that would overly rely on continuous supplies and support from the US.

There is a world of difference between taking an interest in how the world works and supporting a specific regime.

In fact, there is also a difference between disagreeing with one regime and supporting another regime.

• Advertisement

It's weird one but one that was seen coming during the Trump term we knew NATO and the EU wasn't meeting any military spending targets most of the major defence industry that previously existed during the cold war in Europe is gone ,we have a one company in Europe that actually produces new tanks from scratch ,we essentially have Rheinmetall producing armoured vehicles for the whole of NATO , from the Ukrainian thread we keep hearing about the whole of the European military industry is Ramping up everything and flooding Ukraine with kit ,it's not happening like that , Europe/NATO has far too long being based not on mutual defence but more on hang on long enough for the US to arrive and save the day, that's why the Americans aren't helping out more , Ukraine is neither in NATO or the EU , the Americans want Europe to do more

That is true. I called it as I saw it, posters somewhat gushing over Iranian military/technological prowess (while slating the "evil" US MIC).

I suppose if Iran's regime believe their own hype (or Putin has promised them the sun moon and stars for the help they are giving in Ukraine), it could be a reason why they are acting so aggressively lately.

Anyway both Iran and Russia are really quite disgusting.

Prison/torture states, also spreading war and terror to their neighbours (most egregiously by Russia) and going down same ruinous track so many past dictatorships have followed.

Another baseless attack on me without giving any evidence.

Unless you are an idiot or someone who swallows Ukrainian propaganda without giving a thought, then you would have to admit that the Iranian drones Russia uses in Ukraine have been somewhat effective when attacking targets.

Being able to admit this isn't showing favour to any one regime, it is simply stating facts.

Fact is Iran is capable of producing complex drones that have proven effective in combat and evading American air defense systems.

Trying to deny the fact that non-Western countries are capable of producing sophisticated technologies is idiotic and in some cases, racist.

I have circumstantial evidence, the somewhat offensive Soviet star + hammer and sickle image, your excitement over performance of products of Iran's MIC against cities in Ukraine (mostly destroying electricity and heating/water supply etc. infrastructure last winter afair) while wailing about the evils of the US MIC corrupting its politics etc...we're not in a court, it does for me.

I don't think Iran's drones (or any other weapons it has) are that complex or advanced, certainly not compared to products of US MIC. Whole point of the Shahed drones afair is that they are quite cheap and quick to produce even under Western economic sanctions. They are a small target, and in large enough numbers will create a serious problem for any air defenses, overwhelming rather than evading as such.

I never denied that they are a good or useful weapon, or that Iran is incapable of producing such. That is why Russia wanted them, and got technology transfer from Iran.

You don't even have circumstantial evidence I am racist. In fact, I think I might put Iran's ability to innovate and produce something novel (like these drones) a bit above Russia's in some of these fields.

Please read my post again slowly if necessary. I never called you a racist.

I had chat GPT, take my last post and simplify it so that a 5 year old could understand. Hopefully it is more clear to you.

"Someone said bad things about me without any proof. If you're not silly or believe everything you hear, you might agree that the drones from Iran that Russia uses in Ukraine work well. Saying this isn't picking sides, it's just telling the truth. Iran can make good drones that are good in battles and can avoid American defenses. Saying other countries can't make cool stuff is silly and sometimes mean."

lol, you are a great man for the AI...thank you chatGPT!

I understood that you wanted to suggest some "bad things" about me in your turn (as I suggested you are a hypocrite and supportive of Iran's regime, at least when its militarily opposing the US and friends in Ukraine or in the ME), without saying it directly.

I have some evidence on my side though.

You touched a nerve the Hammer and sickle got replaced 🤣🤣🤣

Nope, try again. You obviously have me confused with someone else. I am in no way supportive of the Iranian regime.

I will admit, however, that I support all nations that oppose imperialism It just turns out that one of the most imperialist nations of this current age is indeed the United States of America.

Nope, I decided it was time for an update and to show some support to the Palestinian people in their struggle with the Genocidal Israely regime.

@fly_agaric still waiting on that evidence that you have

• Advertisement

Well you disappeared a piece of that just now with the avatar update!

Ah well.

I will go back on what I said earlier about Iran's weapons somewhat.

Nuclear industry, ballistic missiles, and rockets are definitely "complex and advanced" (more so than those buzz-bomb drones), even with outside help, and Iran seem to have made progress in those areas

Advertisement