Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Dates Ireland *read first post*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

What place did they say that they seen each other in the night before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭hawaii501

No way this guard is 26

• Registered Users Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

“Im a guard”…”oh Jesus “😳😳🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭Danny healy ray

the black man has a lovely walk same as my angus bull !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Guard and Belfast girl are utter drips.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 663 ✭✭✭mykrodot

Belfast girl is very serious, Garda needs someone who is a bit more craic. He seems very genuine .

Distance is a problem here anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,247 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

The girl wearing the blue dress who is from Northern Ireland. Her shoes are too big for her.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 663 ✭✭✭mykrodot

The standard of the show has dropped a bit. There seems to be more and more just boring dates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭cgcsb

Antrim girl and Tipp garda are interesting, Both a bit slow, and commically far apart. She's gagging for compliments and he's happy to supply.

Old couple were nice, but if they're not into it they're not into it.

The black couple were also fairly dull.

The gay couple were painful, can they not fix their hair, teeth and eyebrows. The one with the lip gloss is addicted to negative commentary that's why he posts all that browlift stuff publicly and makes himself up like wish mrs doubtfire. The other one had eye brows like a villain from star trek and had shocking bad teeth, despite being only 23. Both also wearing horrible clothes. You'd think being young gay men theyd be a little bit more image conscious. For the money spent on brow lifts and lip fillers to make yourself look like a melted ken doll you could actually just get some nice clothes, do something with your hair and get a good moisturiser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Omo fun fella and in fairness amazing beard have to agree on thet one. Princess lovely smile. Very attractive and flirty couple. Mad they saw each other the night before serendipity. Nice match. Only friends though boo.

Ava in fairness she has a young spirit anyway for 72, Glenn the same at 71. Plugging the signed book hmm. Both had a lot of ups and downs fair play to them both for turning things around. kinda guessed no spark with them.

Karl...the lips are shocking...getting crappy surgery at that age is genuinely madness... a bit of a dose tbh. Aaron seemed alright but the brows seriously what has he done to them?!

Mike the Gardai what a nice fella, decent, handsome. Yasemin what a stunning looking girl, very nice voice as well softly spoken, 5 stone in a year wowser! Fair play. I kind of thought she would say no to a second date but nice surprise! And more dates!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,293 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Was Glenn in a showband, his story is very interesting, I'm going to look for his book

• Registered Users Posts: 7,930 ✭✭✭YellowLead

I really liked that episode actually. I stopped watching the last one about 2/3 of the way through. This time I liked all of the couples and was very interested to see if they’d match or not.

PS that guard had an amazing physique - those arms 😍

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,474 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 672 ✭✭✭LilacNails

Garda mike could put handcuffs on me anyday...felt he's wayy too nice and genuine for her, felt like she was a lil patronising !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,389 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Sorry for being a bit behind the times, but is there some deep insecurity on your part that leads you to spew out such visceral contempt for other people, just because they happen to be a bit different to you?

What's it to you what other people wear or indeed how they choose to be referred to?

You share the same strange concern for every married women that drops her father's name in favour of her husband, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 672 ✭✭✭LilacNails

Shesstandingforthebull

I know I'm being bit judgement (and a lil envious lol), and could be wrong, just got that impression from what I saw....she seems very prim and proper I find people like that can be some what patronising ...thrn again I could be completely wrong!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

And AndrewJRenko is allowed challenge you on that opinion. That's how free speech works 🙃

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,293 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I like the older dates as they are not in it for the likes, clicks and media attention etc.,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

It will be a sad day when one of the older contingent mentions their podcast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

• Registered Users Posts: 7,930 ✭✭✭YellowLead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Couldn't believe what yer man had done to his face and he said he was only, what, 23 or something?

Lifetime addiction of messing up his appearance ahead of himself for sure. And all for the worse. He was probably a very attractive young fella before he had all the surgery, too. Seems he spends all his time listening to people talking shite about him online.

Also, weird that they didn't do a follow up at the end like they do with all the matched couples.

I dunno, I find that the older couples bring a little too much misery for my tastes. It's a lot of talk of dead partners and cancer stories and troubled pasts and the like. A lot of the time, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 The_Erection_of_Cass

Yeah while the older couples are often more genuine and less fake, there's very rarely any sexual chemistry between them. They're more looking for company at that stage of life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭AllForIt

The one with the lip gloss is addicted to negative commentary that's why he posts all that browlift stuff publicly and makes himself up like wish mrs doubtfire

It seemed to be he lives his life to be as sterotyical as possible to make up for a personality he doens't have. Not only in his fashion and mannerisms but in what he says, because I didn't buy his story about when he was younger he thought being gay was the worst possible thing you could be. I'm twice his age, grew up rural, and even I didn't think anything remotely as melodramaic as that. More likley he read that old trope of a sob story on the internet and passed it off as his own experience to garner sympathy.

Was there an update on facebook of last weeks daters?

Forgot to add, they did give an update on facebook the next day.

The guard and Jasmine are not seeing each other, distance too much he said. Also he's not a guard anymore!!!

• Advertisement

A pure Viking of a chap with a Tipp accent. Brilliant.

Advertisement