Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2024 **No Ticket Sales / Requests** - Waiting in line, terrible time, over familiar

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Dany Hitch

From that lineup, I'd take No Doubt and Grimes at EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭dav09

I'd take Peggy Gou but I couldn't see her as a main stage dance headliner, maybe EA headliner, she had one sorta half-big hit in the charts and a lot of decent underground tracks over the years. Thought some of her new music was decent paticulary the one with Lenny Kravitz. Was supposed to see her in Manchester 2 months ago but cancelled last minute (only found out at the venue) but it seemed genuine, was replaced with Fred Again who linked up with Four Tet and Skrillex already on the bill so I wasn't complaining. Fred Again is in a different league to her imo as a headliner, he only came as a last minute favour it seems.

Of ones I've seen before from that list, I'd take Lana Del Rey, Deftones, Blur, Skepta, Kevin Abstract, Charlotte De Witte, Skream and Benga, Orbital, Blessed Madonna, Skin on Skin, there's plenty others but those would be my pics. I actually think it's a semi decent coachella lineup, I like how mixed it is, not just the teeney bopper fest it seems the EP headliner/ tier one+two has become and a lot of genres, appeals to a variety of people like EP used to. Bicep, Justice, Barry Cant Swim I haven't seen but would like to see them.

If I was to ask for any single act from that list it would be Deftones, I grew up with a lot of rock/nu-metal but honestly they've been such a constant band over the years, not everyones cup of tea but I think they'd appeal to a huge audience even if they're not typically into that sort of music, they're playing Primavera too and a few other festivals. Their gig in vicar street was immense in 2017. Their last TWO gigs here were cancelled due to COVID, Sunstroke festival and 3Arena.

I'd be shocked if there was more than 1 out of my list at it to be honest, I reckon more likely someone like Ice Spice probably nailed on for EP too if tour dates line up, just the type of act they'd book.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,587 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I'd love to see Deftones too.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭rubick

WANT - HAAi

GETTING - Peggy Gou

It's so cold and desolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭jams100

30 weeks to EP! 😏

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

We do not use filthy w**ks here, leave and do not darken our door again

There are 211 sleeps.

Post edited by scruff monkey on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

I still have to find a family camper ticket as the wife is refusing to go without one. I have a general camper ticket but there's no convincing her

Snarky Snark Snark

There's a reason that "other halves" are not listed in the essentials in post #1.

Me: oooh x is playing this year

her: Oh, i'd go see them alright!

me: ok, I've a big enough tent

her: .....

me: do you not like camping

her: I want a divorce.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

To be fair to her, we got a taste of the family van field last year after getting directed into it that she now won't settle for anything less...

I'm in a situation where I've got a campervan ticket but not an actual festival ticket...!

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Apologies for the off topic comment here lads, but figured it's the best place to ask some like minded fellows. With a few festivals coming up this year (and a hiking trip to boot) can any of you recommend what type of footwear would serve me best? I have a pair of steel toed work boots that served me well with the muck at ATN last year but jesus they were heavy on the legs come Sunday. Something a bit lighter would be great but would they suffice in a mucky festival scenario?

Elverys have a sale on and was looking at a few of these.

https://www.elverys.ie/Elverys/Sports/Outdoor/Mens/The-North-Face-Cragmont-Mens-Waterproof-Shoes/p/000000000001139986_BLACK

Or any general advice on what to look out for/avoid would be appreciated - certain I've come across this debate on EP threads over the years but the search function is gone to sh*te on here!

Snarky Snark Snark

I used hi-tec hiking boots for a few years but after a while they’re just too heavy, the last few years I’ve been in north face hedgehogs and they’re proper comfy with decent waterproofing. They’re not good for wading in deep puddles but I tend to avoid those or push someone else in and use them as a bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Bought a pair of hi tec waterproof hiking boots in ramblers way a few years ago (€50 in sale) and they are the business. Really comfy and good both in wet and dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Queens of the Stone Age for the Sunday apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Get out. Well, I'm not a big fan but themselves and Lana would certainly be serious top line headliners.

Snarky Snark Snark

They last for years too, no complaints about their quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭thebronze14

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Would be incred. Show in November was well received.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Didn't think it'd happen but this made my day.

Expected them for pukkelpop and lowlands with no space for EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If they get QOTSA the festival might get some of their credibility back as far as main stage acts go.

Post edited by bodhrandude on

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭rockterrain

Lol. What was the source of this rumour? Excuse my cynicism but this will never happen. I would love it but the days of a band like QOTSA headlining an already sold out EP with a much younger demographic are over. Keep your money on The Script or Picture This.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The Script played last year we won't allow them a second year, same with the Coronas, if they're announced we'll form a hit squad. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Haha. Happy to come on board :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Mucker46

• Registered Users Posts: 8,649 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

EP has many youngsters but also an enormous amount of over-30s as is clear from the demographic on this thread for starters. A wander around the site would also quickly disabuse anyone of the notion of it being a youth fest.

Forty-somethings the Killers were headliners last year, the Arctics and Tame Impala the year before. Plenty of shire on the main stage but QOTSA and Lana Del Ray won’t be out of place there. You’ve also got to drop the assumption that all the youth are listening to Dua Lipa. If they were then we wouldn’t have so many post-punk, indie and trad bands selling out venues throughout the country. I think @Fanirish is probably right here and I’d expect QOTSA to turn up.

Let's hope so. I think I missed the basis for what makes them a contender? I would have thought The Killers and Arctics would be at the extreme end of EP rock headliners but happy to be proved wrong. I know QOTSA have a broadish audience but it just seems too good to be true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Stillill42

This, my friends, is Fanirish's redemption. Get the popcorn in.

Advertisement