Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gript-A source of misinformation. **Read OP before posting**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Otagepingi

You used the term ''bad actors''. No need for the haughty condescension.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,708 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I was talking about people like Myers.

Since you've all but admitted misrepresenting my posts, I suggest we leave it there.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭paddyisreal

Very interesting article on Gript there regarding finger print checks. I have heard numerous ministers, NGOs, TDs in the last few weeks tell us these checks were in place for the last few years well it looks like that's bullshit. Interesting to see what happens here. How come the independent, times etc aren't able to report this ?

https://gript.ie/revealed-asylum-seekers-fingerprints-not-checked-against-criminal-databases/

I know, that was clear. I prefer to read things with an open mind, rather than dismissing them out of hand.

Presumably because it doesn't line up with their progressive, globalist agenda. An example of why it is good to have adversarial media and a diversity of biases.

I noticed that there is a so-called spam block of 150 seconds in effect now on my account. The mods on here evidently have a twitchy finger in keeping the ''peasant'' posters under their pro-establishment thumb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭Hoop66

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,708 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

If one wishes to argue that Grift is not racist, I'd advise refraining from using antisemitic dogwhistles.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Good old dogs whistles that have been used as academic terms for years, often used by supposedly high minded "liberal" academics, similar minded people to yourself. Of course though, when the plebs use such terms it's different, it's sinister and racist.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Ahh no wonder the progressive, those of superior intellect, the modern so called left, ngos, government and political party lackies don't like Gript.

Any of you geniuses care to comment about their article highlighting the information the Dept of Justice forwarded to deputies Carol Nolan and Michael McNamara that fingerprints of asylum seekers, international protection chancers, are not checked against criminal databases?

They are checked against Eurodac which is a non criminal EU database that stores the fingerprints of international protection applications who have crossed a border illegally.

Oh and the other database is Schengen Information System (SIS) which is also not a criminal database.

SIS only contains information about false documents or identification which has been captured by an EU member state or the Schengen associated countries (Switzerland, Norway, Liechtenstein and Iceland).

The most if may contain is alert on outstanding arrest warranties nothing on criminal history.

So the information published by the supposed false information site Gript, goes directly against the supposed true information published by the supposed true purveyor and guardian of true information (a site that validates the veracity of information on behalf of others) The Journal when it published information provided in interview with minister O'gormless in December last when he stated that

"When an International Protection applicant arrives in the country, they’re fingerprinted. Their fingerprints go through two databases. One to see if they’ve been involved with the immigration authorities in any other EU member state and the other to see if they’ve been involved in criminality in any other member state”.

And the Dept of Justice further clarified that the AGS does not input fingerprints on the Europol Information System (EIS).

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 28,965 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Can we get fingerprint checks for everyone who moves into my estate?

• Advertisement

Argument destroyed. It's nothing but discrimination to even think that we should be checking criminal databases for our new arrivals. It's nothing but racism to think that there may be some dangerous people entering our nation. Concerns about "citizen safety" are nothing but a guise for far right hate. A murderer has just as much of a right to be here as anyone else, and those who can't see that, are those who live on nothing but hate.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

Is that all you have to say.

I suppose you are saving yourself for apologising for certain government parties and public sector overspending.

You guys are something else, you make a joke out of fact that jokers arrive in the country no identification and they could be anyone.

For months the clowns have been lecturing people how there are no unvetted migrants, fingerprints are taken and checked.

Checked my ar**.

The Dept of Justice have admitted they aren't really checked at all.

There is a reckoning a coming and it is going to be brutal.

It's not one bit dramatic to call this tyrannical, regardless of the weak justifications that will come from the usual types, the types who love to deny their authoritarian nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Augme

Given they falsely accused someone of a serious crime I think it is a perfectly valid question to ask. Are there no rules governing journalism now a days?

Our state broadcaster has been sued several times for false accusations, yet never has such a question posed? I wonder why?

Funny RTE or the other so called media organisations, supposedly full of accredited rule following journalists, are not letting the public know how misleading the statements from government really are and how they are exposing the people of the state to dangers unknown.

The statements the shills parrott around here and elsewhere continously to drown out public concerns.

Yeah we are all right wing.

The gig is up folks, watch the local and EU elections, watch the refendums.

Ramp up the outrage meter there, why don't you?

And in classic form, no response is complete without a thinly veiled threat of violence. Grift would be proud.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,814 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Can I check your fingerprints against every criminal database known to man?

I mean, if you've nothing to hide...

You can't treat people like criminals unless you have reasonable suspicion they have commited a crime. Even asylum seekers have human rights, shocking I know... 🙄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,584 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Guess who caused one of those legal actions to be instigated? That's right, Mr Gript himself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

I don't agree with everything they do but the government are trying to cancel them and they bring much needed balance to the immigration debate. Made a donation to them today.

How are the government 'trying to cancel them' please? What does 'trying to cancel' look like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭lmao10

hahaha what a classic!! Championing grift and putting down RTE because of legal actions instigated against it when grift was responsible for one of those! This is one of the best posts I've seen on here!

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

If you are not supporting Grift why would you be reading it? 🫠

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Deleted

Post edited by Tipperary animal lover on

Speak for yourself, I'm not British. In Ireland we use Hiberno-English

But enjoying is. You didn't just say you read it, you said you enjoy it.

• Advertisement

Advertisement