Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Cluid housing better than local county council?

• 17-12-2023 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Is anyone with Cluid and would you recommend them? is the rent cheaper or the council rate?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The rent with Cluid is based on the household income. They check every year for any changes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

The rent would be the same as the council. Are you looking at cost rental or there older people homes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MsN99

Council forwarded my name to Cluid. Just hadn't heard of it before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭tikka16751

You must pay rent with cluid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Om24

The rent with Cluid would be the same as council. Its the same assessment.

The only difference with one of the Housing Associations like Cluid there isnt an option to buy the property down the road.

So you need to think is that an issue for you.

If you dont intend to purchase the council property at a later date down the line then you may at times get housed quicker by Cluid or one of the other Housing Associations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 GarrettZ

Hi Folks,

To make a long story short, throught CBL (council) I was nominated for a 1 bedroom apartment with Cluid. Cluid called me for an interview and offered me a place during the interview. Cluid then invited me to a tenancy meeting. It all sounds too good to be true. Cluid told everyone at the tenancy meeting that we can move in nest month when the new apartments are ready. Sounds too good to true. Has anyone any experience with Cluid? Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 325 ✭✭Madd002

yep your all good to go, once you're offered property and you've had your tenancy meeting and they've given you move in date I'd start packing and get on to welfare officer as im pretty sure your entitled to help with white goods flooring etc. and you'll need quotes for these. Congratulations you've got a forever home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

Are you with the older section? 55 plus and where abouts are the appts

Located?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 GarrettZ

I don't mean to sound rude, does it matter where the apartment is located. No, I am under 50. They wouldn't have invited me to the pre tenancy meeting if they were lying to me in the interview, right! Having come this far I hope Cluid keep their word. Thanks!

Advertisement