Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Traitors

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Harry gave himself away, he stopped just short of saying to Paul, remember when we had the traitors meeting and you said you would go into the dungeon... great tv though. 😁 And nobody noticed anyway.

I really enjoyed Andrew's reactions, he was like a rabbit caught in headlights, you could nearly see him thinking what the hell have I done, at the breakfast table. I liked the fact too that it was obvious immediately that he wasn't as foolish as Harry and Paul obviously thought, when they recruited him. There was a collective feeling of 'oops' when the three of them stood looking at each other.

Roll on 9 pm 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Oh I get what you are saying - completely. I think that the show is so good with the alpha characters that it seems like a waste of space to have the quiet ones still there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

It's almost impossible for a really strong faithful to make the final with the way the game is designed. They'll be murdered in a flash, unless they're exceptional at winning shields which in itself also draws suspicion!

The game is based on a parlour game known as Mafia (or Werewolf to some, Boards used to have a very active community who played regular games until the new site design essentially wiped it out completely) and there are other roles for faithfuls that I'd love to see utilised in future series.

A protective role for example where a Faithful could choose to guard someone each night from murder would be intriguing to see play out both in who got selected and how the Traitors react to it.

Once the series is over if there was sufficient interest I'd be happy to run a forum based version of the show on Boards. Anyone interested can PM me or follow the sign up thread when I create it 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭taratee

Really enjoyed last night but I think Harry jumped the gun with Paul. He should have waited to see if Paul was going to go for him. Pretty sure that Paul would not have mentioned his name. Harry is left with Andrew, who doesn't want to be a traitor, hasn't a clue how to play the role of a traitor and he isn't as dumb as they (Paul & Harry) thought. Paul and Harry should have banished Andrew last night. He's a terrible traitor and he's no patsy. Not sure that the faithful, who were appalling last night, are smart enough to notice that though. I don't know what to say about Jaz and Zack. Unbelievably stupid stuff from the pair of them. Thought the faithful were going to end up banishing Jaz at one point.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

Regarding Charlotte, the only thing she brings to the table is her cleavage, the directors doing a great job of showing it too.

Regarding Evie & Charlie, I only found out last night now the group has got smaller that they are two different people. I know someone said that previously but I was generally confused last night. Goes to show how little they have offered to the show.

Because the Faithful are so bland I'm hoping for a Harry win. Plenty of twists and turns though. Hope Ross gets the boot tonight.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Incredibly specific stuff from Harry but as has been said already nobody seems to have noticed. Has editing hidden this and we'll see someone mention it tonight? Would have been hilarious if Paul had said on leaving - "well done there Harry you were spot on with everything you said". That might have escaped the "don't reveal a fellow traitor" rule.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,833 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

So turns out Paul was on Deal or no Deal back in 2010 where he won 10p.

Guess the moola musta ran out!🤣

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

And as they pointed out on Uncloaked, it's more than he won on The Traitors 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,862 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

If Jaz remembers his Paul convo about Harry going back with what he said telling the others if he stays he may bring heat on Harry but Jaz at the roundtable speaking brings heat on himself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭talla10

Recruiting Andrew was a massive mistake. He knows he can't trust Harry an inch so he has to be very careful if they recruit again. If he goes against Harry the group will side with Harry. Reckon they should just murder faithfuls who won't get banished, stir the pot and hope he doesn't get outed! Delighted Paul is gone but no confidence in faithful making Harry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Just watching back Harry's round table speech - he really does speak like he's a moron. When he very clearly isn't! Episode 1 I remember now he said he was going to play up the "dumb Harry" routine, and that's exactly how it is progressing. He's obviously very aware that people view him as fit and sporty, nice but dim. He's really using it to his advantage - he just needs to make sure he falls back into that persona quickly again.

I have to say I know the feeling - and being able to fly under the radar by being perceived as a little bit dumb based on first impressions is very useful! Maybe I should apply for this Irish version. 😆

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,707 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

You know the Irish show is just gonna be the "stars of RTE" and cancelled after one season

Stars or no stars, I've no doubt it will be a disaster anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I think Harry reckons nobody will rumble him at this stage, he might be in for a shock.

Andrew is a terrible traitor so far, maybe he will up his game tonight though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Harry don't get too cocky , it could be your downfall.. calling Andrew a Baby Traitor.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Mollie literally asking the question where the only answer is that Harry is a traitor but still not realising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,751 ✭✭✭This is it

He's a fúcking genius...

Good to see Harry keeping quiet and letting the faithfuls "out" each other

• Advertisement

Go Jazatha Christie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

Ross is sooo dumb.

"you'll be fine, trust me..." Easy Harry!

It's clever to say you want to keep the shield quiet to make the traitors go for you but not so clever to tell a couple of the others your plan (who could be traitors for all the innocent version of Harry would know). Wait until the morning before telling them all. To me he has made some good moves but made mistakes too. Nobody has spotted them bar Jaz maybe so you can make mistakes and get away with it. When you think about it the faithful haven't really nabbed a traitor they've been given them.

Oh Harry wrong answer about Diane, I want you to win but that could be your comeuppance

Nah, he'll have Zak and Jaz on side now that the traitors tried to murder him, and then Andrew and Ross to take out Jasmine most likely.

I thought all the information Harry gave against Paul might give him away, but he's played this perfectly in my opinion.

Very interested to see how this pans out now with Ross looking for revenge from the inside.

So true😂

Here's the thing with saying the traitors went for him the next morning.... He sort of has to be murdered the next night to make it true...

When Harry comes down day after day after claiming his shield saved them from another murder that becomes rather difficult to explain.

The end result is him getting caught.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,632 ✭✭✭archfi

Yep, I think Harry's undone himself by overdoing things.

When he knew Mollie saw him get the shield he was taking a risk just with her knowing but nothing he could do about that and they're 'close'.

But he also later told Jaz and Zack so why would you 100% trust three people with traitors lurking about the place unless you're a traitor.

There's more than one piece of evidence pointing soldierboy's way now. And then there's Ross waiting in the shadows...

If Harry survives and wins this, well that'll be Houdini level

PS I forgot to say he also told Mollie 'you'll be fine, trust me' as she said she was worried about being murdered.

Something very small like that got Amanda outted last year.

Post edited by archfi on

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,833 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I've a feeling Ross and Andrew are going to do the dirty on Harry.

Ross knows Harry's name is in people minds. Has he the cahonas to call out Harry (in the name of his momma! 🤣) I don't know if Ross sees opportunity though.

I think Andrew is quite rightly playing along with Harry for the time being. But he wasn't happy with Harry for turning on Paul the way he did. If there's a chance to take out Harry, he has to take it.

But again, Harry is a stone cold baller!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,553 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Harry to Mollie

'' you'll be fine, trust me.........................pause ''' I believe ''

ha

Added the ''I believe'' when he knew he spoke the words of a traitor

Mollie might not be the sharpest knife in the drawer or else she has copped that Harry is a traitor and is biding her time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,632 ✭✭✭archfi

^ Mollie could be using Harry as a shield to get to the final and then out him and grab the dosh - Charlotte admitted that's what she was doing with Paul until he'd run out of road last night.

Can't wait for the final days next week.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

I was confusing Charlie and Evie

Lol who did Harry vote

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Not a fan at still being able to recruit at this late stage. Now they are in a position to banish and murder a faithful in next episode and then it’s game over. Hard to find that balancing act though where there is a guaranteed traitor in finale. However wouldn’t it be a funny mindfeck if there was no traitors in the finale and you just had faithfuls turning on each other

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,385 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Still being able to recruit at this stage is also something that can backfire on Traitors, because if the person says no, they've lost the chance to murder that night and given a faithful something they can use to prove they're faithful, which then narrows down who the traitors could be even further.

It's game over until it gets to the point where two traitors decide that half the prize pot is better than a third, and then traitors start turning on each other. And given the traitors this series, I can definitely see them all turning on each other (once someone explains to Andrew that a half is bigger than a third).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭taratee

Think Harry is starting to make too many mistakes and it could cost him the game. He was in pole position as of yesterday morning but he didn't play well yesterday. The Diane comment was really silly. The show is set up beautifully now. Harry is creating problems for himself and Ross has always been a bit of an unknown for the faithful. Andrew was under the spotlight, briefly, a few episodes ago but he's in the clear at the moment. Jaz has Harry sussed but the faithful don't want to listen to Jaz for some reason. Agree with him 100% re: getting the timing right but time is starting to run out for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭appledrop

I think Harry is going to fall now on his own Sword.

He is just making things way too complicated and that's going to catch up with him.

When he played the slightly dim, nice guy worked much better for him.

This weeks eps have been so good!

would like to think Ross would win now but he’s just not clever…Harry’s been brilliant but he will totally be banished soon!!

was dubious about this season as last years was so good but it’s been great!

It's in favour of the traitors to win now, what's left just 2 murders 2 banishments

I think Ross is going to have to plant doubt on Harry if avenging for mammy Diane

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

I thought they were one and the same until the group got smaller.

Did the traitors win last year?

No, there was two left, one bowed out and the other was voted out (IIRC)

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,459 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Just caught up this evening. Harry has definitely gotten way to cocky since he took out Paul, he thinks he's invincible. Andrew is playing a smart game, quiet but everything he says at the round table is nonconfrontational.

Has anyone ever gone from being liked to being so utterly annoying and hated as quickly as Paul?

Somebody asked about the US version, pretty certain it's available here

Hard to see how the traitors don't win from here? Greedy is going to be the only thing stopping them

The must have a ban on the traitors agreeing to vote for the same person? They never seem to discuss it

• Advertisement
Advertisement