Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Eamon Ryan wants us to do...

• 19-01-2024 2:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,594 ✭✭✭

Is anyone else sick of seeing comments on SM pages about how "Eamon Ryan wants us all to... " and so forth

Notable example: Eamon Ryan wants us to cycle from Cork to Limerick

Whoever stated this trend needs punching but i like to see the fun side of things. What on your feed today have you seen Eamon Ryan wanting you to do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,979 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Not to destroy the planet.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

Great, another outrage thread on Boards. What a new and interesting concept.

Reformed character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,594 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Eamon Ryan wants Bobson to be guest of honour at his next party

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,299 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

He's become like the president in the US. Given flak or credit depending on the side for things that have little to do with him.

"Trump did this"

"Biden is doing this"

Public Transport costs have been reduced significantly and numerous new infrastructure developments that were stuck in development hell have gotten rolling under his watch. I don't think most of the other things people give out about are even under his jurisdiction but he's made a good lightening rod for uneducated fools.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭HerrKapitan

In fairness to Ryan these are not his ideas, he is only following guidance from Davos. There is not.much he can do about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Astartes

He believes we are on a war footing. How long until emergency war powers legislation will be drafted?

Traffic wardens executing people who take 10 minute showers, climate denier's mulched to make food for livestock (cockroaches and other crunchy insect delectables)

Threads needed the nuke but we have Eamon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,303 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I expect Eamon wants our SM feeds to be vegan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,363 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Own nothing and be happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,436 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

they don't! we actually pollute more than chinese people. also they're a factory for the west, if you have a problem with their pollution you should make sure not to buy any chinese products.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,441 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

I love this BS China has 477 million rural dewellers out of 933 million people so what you will find is those people rural dwellers have tiny carbon footprints. bet that's where the per capita low carbon footprint comes from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,436 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

no BS about it, people moan about china but ireland/EU pollute far more per capita, EU is 500 million people nearly and china's biggest customer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,815 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

...ah its childish stuff now, but the political green movement is in serious trouble, its very likely we ll start reversing what they have achieved, and they have made achievements.....

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cheddar Bob

What infrastructure?

Under this absolute goon's watch the day of the bypass or the motorway is, as of the future, effectively over.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭BagofWeed

To think that we can be both neo-liberalist and environmentally conscious.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Baba Yaga

i dont really care about eamon ryan one way or the other but id be a good bit environmentally conscious ...can anyone tell me why,with all the environmental worry and all oil/plastics are bad...is near everyfookinthing you buy covered in industrial strength plastic....?

"They gave me an impossible task,one which they said I wouldnt return from...."

ps wheres my free,fancy rte flip-flops...?

pps wheres my wheres my rte macaroons,kevin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,815 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

...plastic sales are good, so thats good for the economy....

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Baba Yaga

aye maybe so but...i thought all plastics were bad cause its killing off all the baby seals and sea turtles...?

"They gave me an impossible task,one which they said I wouldnt return from...."

ps wheres my free,fancy rte flip-flops...?

pps wheres my wheres my rte macaroons,kevin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭amacca

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭amacca

I wonder would glass containers that can be recycled, paper from sustainably managed forests etc be good for it too (in terms of the businesses/jobs created in manufacturing and recycling etc) and help with the environment/reduce all kinds of waste/pollution

Or at least be neutral and just replace the plastic jobs...it is revolting how much plastic packaging and single use crap at that we produce as a species

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

I shop once a week and bring 3 or 4 bags in the door. Yet every week I’m filling a wheelie bin ? Where is it coming from. Is it breeding in my recycling bin ?

Its genuinely puzzling me at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

There has to be a way to melt all this plastic into bricks and make houses out of it. The bricks could even be bulked up with ashes, rubble or other waste products. If you can turn waste plastic into houses you solve 2 massive problems.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

I find that to be the most brainless comment on the internet! Every time I see it I conclude that it is comes from someone incapable of doing the most basic independent reasoning or expression of ideas and demonstrating a guilty for believe and repeat whatever crap they are fed on social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

It seems so simple doesn’t it. Maybe we need to get over ourselves on the appearance of things. If you melt it all down I imagine it looks rather grey/brown ‘en masse’ but surely it has some use.

Bus shelters. Credit cards. Laundry baskets. Rubbish bins. I could go on.

do sum research 4 urself, the WEF, Blackrock, Blackstone, vanguard and the jooze are tryin' to force jabs on us agin our will

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭KaneToad

I agree. I also believe the childish lampooning of Ryan comes from similar people.

My main memory of Ryan is from 2008 when the economy was turning to scutter and he was beaming ear to ear about the new kind of light bulbs that were being implemented.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,894 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Don't forget their two-tier motor tax system which devalued otherwise perfectly good cars overnight and encouraged the massive shift to diesel that this time round they've complained about so much and pushed people to buy EVs instead - hardly cheap or an environmentally sound option either considering the manufacturing/mining processes involved and again, scrapping/devaluing otherwise perfectly good cars!

Oh and he and his bunch of zealots are again propping up an unpopular Government while the fabric of the country crumbles around them because of problems they have proactively made worse - housing, immigration etc. Oh and Ryan has reduced our energy independence as well with the farce over the proposed LNG terminal. Let's not forget that these idiots only got 7% of the vote from those who bothered to turn out in the first place either.

None of this was a a suprise really after their performance last time!

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Carlito Brigantes Tale

People like Ryan make me care less about the environment to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭gossamerfabric

try to care about the environment but that doesn't mean you or I have to vote for the Green Party. Find your own way to your God without being steered by pseudo-science dogma dictated to you by the Green Party and the local Archbishop Ryan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

Advertisement