Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda facing disciplinary hearing for helping elderly man

Options
  • 21-01-2024 8:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,921 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Just when I thought I'd heard it all.

A garda went out of his way to help a vulnerable member of the community and ends up suspended for three years and is now facing a disciplinary hearing over the matter.

What kind of a fcuked up country are we living in that this is happening??? The garda in question should be getting commended for helping someone in need but instead has had to go through this stress for over three years. Our police force are under paid, understaffed, under equipped and have to deal with the utter dregs of society on a daily basis, on top of this utterly preposterous nonsense.

In my local paper I read about the same cunce week in, week out, pleading that "difficult times in their lives" resulted in their multiple convictions and getting a €200 fine that will never be paid.

How in gods name are we supposed to attract capable men and women into our police force if this is what they can expect for doing something decent.

I'm actually fuckin flabbergasted about this.

Post edited by Beasty on

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement