Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick to Cork, Arrival before 8am

Options
  • 21-01-2024 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi folks.

My partner has to commute from Limerick to Cork city centre for work. She has to be there before 8am. However, currently, no bus/rail reaches Cork before 8:00. Staying in Cork isn't feasible. Ridesharing/carpooling is the option we are exploring. Any other suggestions?

If you drive to Cork early morning from Limerick or know someone who does, please reply.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭757TFFIU

If your partner doesn't fancy driving all the way into Cork city centre, finding parking on a daily basis, etc., using Mallow Station as a park and ride might be an option. Mallow Station has a big enough car park.

It's been a while since I was last on the N20 between Limerick and Mallow so can't comment on congestion, etc., but Limerick to Mallow is direct enough (depending on where you are in Limerick obviously) - M20, then onto the N20.

There's a 06:50 out of Mallow, arrives into Cork at 07:15, and also a 07:29 from Mallow, arriving into Cork at 07:54.

Plenty of options back to Mallow in the evening - last train out of Cork to Mallow is 23:00.

Not an ideal solution, but hope that's of some use.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sarmad

She doesn't drive at the moment. Otherwise, parking at Mallow was a nice suggestion. Thanks anyway 👍️

• Registered Users Posts: 19,405 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I’m not sure this is possible on public transport? There’s a 6.55 am train with change in Limerick junction that gets in around 08.30 am. She may have to adjust her start time if that’s possible to do

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sarmad

Unfortunately, a late start isn't an option, otherwise, there was no problem with the rail timings you mentioned. Thanks

Advertisement