Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Isha - Sunday 21/Monday 22 January 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

A proper gale for sure.

Dublin Airport likely get it highest gust in many years?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Pressure 976 Galway Bay now

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Lots of reports of trees down in Cork and it is only getting going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Blue850

Fair play to the crews in the ESB, power just restored here in Galway, not expecting it to last , its wild outside

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

878.8mb here near the Kerry coast, so mild at 13.6C, roaring out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 River22

Cant believe Reed Timmer is posting about us and tornados!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

While there is no rain warning issued localised flooding may also be an issue for some. 39mm ardara up to 3.30pm today. 5 other official observations from wow above 30mm. And 20+ above 20mm so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

A gust of 68 knots at Claremorris, strong enough

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Cushtie

Picking up a bit in West Limerick, now. very gusty and loads and loads of rain since early morning. House is very exposed to westerly and southerly winds so any bit of wind full force is felt.

Was down the local village earlier and it was just a wet day, came back up home, only a minute drive, and it felt like being in a different county. Strange how a small bit of height and exposure can make such a difference.

Anyway, took the recent dry spell to retrieve the trampoline from the neighbours, do some repairs and secure it again. Looking out now at it, I'll probably be be back in the neighbours tomorrow.... 😩😩😩

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,482 ✭✭✭weisses

Violent winds now in West Kerry with that heavy shower just now ..... horizontal heavy rain.... scary

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭hangar18_

Getting more violent again. Tree just gone over

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Lights had a brief flicker in cork city suburbs, first time in years ive seen that

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭lordleitrim

Main road into Tralee just now. Stay safe and stay indoors!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,793 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Wind has just whipped up sharply here in Limk. City in the past 10 mins.

The sky has a very ragged look to it with a blue-greenish hue.

Pressure is 981.4 hPa, falling rapidly and a balmy 13.6c still.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Probably because the pressure is dropping ,I get that too

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭WolfeEire
    Clare (410ft asl)

Wind gust speeds on the rise as Storm Isha approaches. The storm appears to be tracking a little further north than forecast which would mean less intense winds the further southeast you are.

www.x.com/wolfeeire

• Registered Users Posts: 16,832 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

This must have started earlier than the official warnings stated. Some of the gusts so far must be close to 70 mph, if not more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭yagan

Wind getting punchy, cork harbour.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭pad199207

😲.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Just had a gust of 75 mph in Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭littlema

Pressure of 958 in Sligo. Torrential rain and gusting severe and we're not even near the starting point!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

I could hear a load of birdsong outside my house in Kinvara, Co. Galway, just now so went outside to see what they were up to. There are loads of them hiding up in the eaves of our terrace of houses. Very eerie!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭pureza

• Registered Users Posts: 4,598 ✭✭✭jackboy

West Clare getting wild now. Power can't last much longer Surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭thomil

Yep, Ballincollig here and it's nasty.

Air pressure has resumed its downward trend here, 983.4 mb and falling. Also, headache making itself known here...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭PcAngel

Very gusty now near Macroom. Blew open a shed door that was locked. It’s going to be a long evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭Dazler97

I have a similar station but want a better one , gonna get one that's 300 euro be brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 33 goingmadted

Picking up in east clare now. A couple of right scary gusts there now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Shpongler

North Kerry inland, Just had a massive gust a few minutes ago. Not sure if it is accurate, but it is the highest I have ever seen on my wx station.

Advertisement